Most Moving comic for the you?

I think about this alot. What makes a good comic? To me it has to have the main character go through tough times to only realize in the end things will be okay. Often times it usually ends up being a very touching moment. Most moving comic book for me has been flash Vol. 5 (rebirth) #19. Wally West (new one) finds out through a series of events that the reverse flash from N52 (Daniel West) was not his uncle but really his dad. This clearly being alot to process Wally starts asking the flash (really barry allen unknown to Wally) a series of questions that are almost impossible. The last question asked was “is there something wrong with me?” Promptly Barry unmask himself and tells Wally “there is nothing wrong with you”. Afterwards they embrace. Its a absolutely moving moment that makes me cry everytime. So comic lovers what’s a comic that got you emotional?

8 Likes

Recently was Batman Annual #2 That is the only comic I read that made me cry.

9 Likes

There was this one issue of the Grant Morrison Animal Man comic. I read it on here, but it’s been deleted for some screwy reason.

Buddy finds himself in limbo. Grant Morrison being a man who can’t leave a fourth wall unpounded, this limbo is chock full of DC superheroes and supervillains who hadn’t been seen in years. When they’re forgotten about, when they fall out of style, this is the place they go.

You got the Space Canine Patrol Agents. You have the Inferior Five. You have The Green Team. You have Red Bee.

But what got me, reading this comic from the 1980s in 2018 was that, in this blasted land of forgotten characters, Animal Man has a long conversation… with Mister Freeze.

Again, this was the 1980s. Before Batman: The Animated Series made Mister Freeze a name again, and a big one at that.

Reckoning with this, I felt something lift within me. Because here was where this place where characters went when the writers and editors at DC didn’t even care enough to kill them off.

And Mister Freeze… got out.

…

…

He got out…

7 Likes

Christmas comics in general. I like the one where Superman lets Supergirl handle the years christmas cards, and she has to handle a family where the father has given up on himself and distanced himself from his daughter to drown himself in the bottle.

Also Tom Taylor’s Last Daughters from the Nuclear special.

5 Likes

Sandman # 69

4 Likes

Crisis 7 and 8

3 Likes

Id love to read that do you happen to know the issue number?

4 Likes

Same here.

Crisis 7 & 8 (deaths of Supergirl and flash, respectively)

Especially back to back issues like that, I realized no hero was safe. Also their sense of self sacrifice was incredibly moving. Really made me consider the true courage of anyone who does that day in & say out.

4 Likes

DCU Infinite Holiday Special #1

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/-/cabf06b0-ee75-4eb5-ac93-94cc5fcc4f5f

5 Likes

Ty

2 Likes

DC-Death of Super-Girl in Infinite Crises, Marvel-Death of Jean Grey

5 Likes

One on my mind is when Clayface died in Detective comics rebirth run. Him or Tim’s Death. There were some sad moments in that run.

9 Likes

In Batman #50- when Bruce realized Selina wasn’t coming

5 Likes

Knightfall. I was completely conflicted the entire week reading it. That is what I really like an a comic, the ability to be emotionally conflicted.

6 Likes

For me it was the most recent Black Widow series where she took down an organization that brutally tortured children so others could watch. It was very disturbing to me.

2 Likes

The war of jokes and riddles made me cry… that ending man :pray:

4 Likes

Death of Superman was the first comic I ever read and it had so much heart and emotional depth to the story that by the time Superman died I was in tears. That is why I have always thought of giving your life for others as the ultimate heroic act.

6 Likes

Dark victory is one of my favorites. Very emotional and shows some character growth.

3 Likes

Impulse 10. Max Mercury, Impulse’s mentor and guardian is near death in hospital and Bart has lost his powers. You really feel how slow he feels life is going. The run through the woods when it hits him how much he cares for Max and doesn’t want him to die always gets me.

4 Likes

Great question.

There were a few moments in DCeased that just pulled at my heart strings.

Like when Alfred looks at all the dead Batman, Nightwing, and robins and he says “my boys…” And also Supes goodbye to Lois and Jon.

4 Likes