More Quick Sketches

Nice sketches keep drawing​:ok_hand: very professional. Truly, the more you draw the better you get. I kind of like the Azrael drawing and your Catwoman drawing the most but they are all great. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it. Great work :ok_hand::+1::clap:
Im also a college student but an undergrad. And this is my senior year.

5 Likes

OK, new and improved Azrael and Bane, now with tiny, under-detailed legs.

He was supposed to be kind of crouching forward all Jack Kirby-style but I didn’t do the perspective right on his torso. I am proud of how I designed his hood, though. It looks cool.

Alright, he looks pretty OK, but those feet are sad.

8 Likes

That just means you’re the new Rob Liefeld! And he’s super successful. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m diggin that Arnold Wesker & Scarface

Sidebar your honor. Wesker’s peg on his arm isn’t long enough to lock in the peg hidden in Scarface’s jacket. I had to push as hard as I could & scratch the jacket up a little. If any of my JLU 4” figs ever fall & knock him off. It’s a good 1-2 hr project, involving obscene language. Otherwise, I love it.

2 Likes

Both of these came out with kinda oversized heads.

I’m going to pretend those faint lines are supposed to be the wind and not poorly-erased cape attempts.

I should never have tried this pose. I spent forever trying to get the right arm to look even passable and didn’t have time to make anything look good.

8 Likes

Kudos for all the practice you’re getting in! And I don’t think Helena’s head looks too big; the lower half is a smidge short, so maybe that’s what’s throwing your eye off.

And I recognize heat waves from a powerful brain when I see 'em.

3 Likes

That Nightwing looks awesome!

4 Likes

I’m actually kinda proud of this one.

I believe @Penguinfan78 will appreciate this.

10 Likes

Oh, and here, by the way, is the original Batman sketch that I put in a different thread:

8 Likes

Nice, that Penguin is cool.

5 Likes

What a great art! I do really like your Penguin drawing!:grinning:

5 Likes

I knew something looked off about this one while I was working on it, and I only just realized what it was: the torso should be twisting more with the limbs to do the running pose. Also, there’s definitely something off about her face, I just can’t quite place what.

This one came out pretty well, though.

7 Likes

Rule of thirds might help: brow to bottom of nose = bottom of nose to chin.

Obviously gotta play with it when drawing portraits from life, but it’s a good generic rule for comic art. Works for Alex Ross, anyhoo.

4 Likes

OK, confession: I drew the wall behind him because his left arm was positioned weirdly and I thought it would look better if he were leaning against something.

Frickin’ feet, man. I think his arms are different lengths, too.

6 Likes

I made this out of chalk

7 Likes

Apstract version of joker

6 Likes

Nice drawings! I tend to find myself doodling during classes of ennui, though I usually end up drawing DC characters’ profiles rather than full bodies.
-M

2 Likes

For example…

-M

5 Likes

I feel like that’s what HCQ does every time he gets bored while answering questions.

2 Likes

OK, finally got around to drawing Harvey.

Whoops, wrong Harvey.

When you’re Mr. Freeze, any day can be a snow day.

7 Likes