More Green Lantern Please!

I am watching Emerald Knights right and all I want is more Green Lantern content. I don’t care if it’s a tv show or movie, live action or animated. I just want more D.C. !
Green lantern is my favorite comic book characters ever. It’s what got me into comics and I love the mythology. They deserve a second chance. They are still making Batman after some horrible movies. I want more GL please.
Who is with me?!

7 Likes

:grinning: Green Lantern the animated series is coming on January 1st. 2019.

2 Likes

Green Lantern Corps is currently in development at WB. Eventually that will be the relaunch of the GL franchise.

1 Like

Batman movies got rebooted 8 years after Batman and Robin in 1997. It was rebooted AGAIN not even 4 years after The Dark Knight Rises. Heck, Suicide Squad is apparently being rebooted, and the first one was only released in 2016.

Yet for SOME REASON we aren’t allowed to speak of Green Lantern because of a poor movie that released nearly eight years ago. Between then and now, The Lego Movie series, the Deadpool series, and Teen Titans Go to the Movies managed to turn Green Lantern into a laughingstock. It kills me that WB doesn’t seem to care about this wonderful property. When something doesn’t turn out great, you don’t just sweep it under the rug and wait for people to forget about it. You try again. I honestly don’t know whether or not The Green Lantern Corps movie will ever get made, but I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that something good is on the way for Green Lantern. Whether it’s a video game, a movie, a live action show or a cartoon. It doesn’t matter, it just needs to be good. Because THAT is the only way people are going to take Green Lantern seriously again. Not time.

Even DC Comics has drastically slowed down on Green Lantern content. During the New 52 era, we had SIX different Green Lantern comic series. Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians, Red Lanterns, Sinestro, and Larfleeze. Even though Green Lantern wasn’t getting any love on screen, at least comic readers had those books to look forward to. Today in 2019, we have one monthly book. Keep in mind, the other major books are currently releasing issues twice a month… so what happened?