Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for October, 2021 - Pumpkin Carving!

This is the submission thread for the @DCFanArtClub’s October 2021 monthly challenge.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Post your DC themed pumpkins of any variety (real, craft, lego, digital, etc) down below all month long.

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: October 31, 2021

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

14 Likes

I’ve never been a big carver of actual pumpkins, but I think carving Dr Fate’s helmet into one would be a fun (and maybe easy?) thing to do.

Anyway, here’s my virtual representation.

10 Likes

Nice pumpkin! Especially with the effect of glowing eyes.

6 Likes

Is been a busy month, but took a stab at a quick Two Face today…

11 Likes

Nailed it! Especially with the green still on the pumpkin.

5 Likes

For this challenge, I was still in a Tim Sale, Dark Victory mood. I like the use of negative space, and tried my (very sore) hand at etching a real pumpkin.
I tried to do the Solomon Grundy cover but I’m not sure I captured it too well. My kids thought it looked just like the picture so that’s what matters.
This did remind me of when I draw my tiny icon drawings because a) very time consuming, b) not too much room for mistakes, c) use of shadows and negative space and d) my hand really hurts! Happy Halloween!!
Reference used:

My pumpkin:

6 Likes

Lol yeees! This is awesome :thumbs_up_batman:

Spooky :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Nice work @keath and @ImpulseMaxMercury ! Thanks for sharing your pumpkins! Happy Halloween!

6 Likes

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: digital Pumkin Fate. The glow looks great.

@keath
Awesome™:+1:. Great use of the multicolored pumpkin.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1: Grundy pumpkin. Grumpkin.

5 Likes

:jack_o_lantern:Happy Halloween​:jack_o_lantern: All

Didn’t have time to go out and get a pumpkin this year so whipped up this Ace piece.

10 Likes

Very cute pumpkin!!! Like the sorta costume for our favorite Bat Hound

5 Likes

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Cool concept and I like the use of the green half in Two Face!!

5 Likes

This could be a very cool design for a carved pumpkin!!! The eyes glowing and recognizable!!!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :house_of_horror:

9 Likes

Did Robin the Batman and Nightwing

8 Likes

Gotta say I love this thread lol

5 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:.
The light kind of look like eyes in the bottom pic.

4 Likes