Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for May, 2021

Ugh, this was a busy month for me, and despite a lot of drafts I didn’t get any of them to a point I liked. Took the closest to done and gave it some color, but I’m beginning to think I either need different markers or to finish on different paper…

I am blown away by everyone else’s work! You guys are phenomenal and keep me encouraged to try again next time around. Seriously AMAZING!

9 Likes

That braid is phenomenal! I think this great!

PS:
That ear is perfect!

7 Likes

Thank you thank you!

6 Likes

Love it! Jeannette doesn’t get enough love and you did her justice, that braid is dope and like Rob said that ear is really great. And I like the “shine” you got on her lips!

7 Likes

@keath - amazing work, I think you did great! I’m going to have to echo the others when I say the detail on the braid and ear is really nice. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Great work everyone on the May monthly challenge.

Before I put together all of the pieces for the gallery, are there any more still in progress?

@NYJt3
@TheRealDetectiveChimp
@niamton
@_UnderScore
@SuperBlueGrodd
@DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder

7 Likes

I have two more I’m finishing up. Should be done sometime next week :+1:

7 Likes

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
Awesome™:+1: take on Metallo I think I might remember that mission form DCUO maybe. It sounds familiar :sweat_smile:
Nice BL one. Man I miss that show.
Also cool take on BW.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1: With Supes v Zod Your faces always look so much like the actors.
And with bats really like the shine with the suit.
Lex another spot on one.

@Squintyfist
Awesome™:+1:
Alfred the true Batman :joy:
The DT v CB is great too. Poor Boomer. He just wants his Boomerangs back :sweat_smile:.

@RobArt471
With Specs that looks awesome™:+1: great posing and looks so cool with the mist.
DS v NS wow that’s crazy. Just incredible.
That Starman is amazing and my favorite version of him (even though I know little about the characters​:sweat_smile:). Really like the space effect.
Negative man is amazing. The doorway and the effect again. :+1:
Flash family one is great too. Like the Speedforce trail.

@JKoco17
Awesome ™:+1:
Wonder how a team up with these three would go?:thinking:

@KingOfTheWickerPeople
Like the feathers o Robin King
And the riddlers are great.
Also nice fight with the TMNT. Very dynamic.
And nice with the the Lois too. That was a cool Tale from the DM.

@stefanie.m
Like the glow effect with Clarion (Bum Bum Bum) The Witch Boy. And the adorable Grundy too.
The hammer perspective for the HQvBG is great. Very cool take.

@keath
Looks awesome™:+1:
The detail is crazy. Very nice.

8 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I feel like I enjoy working with characters I’m actually unfamiliar with, like maybe I have a little more creative freedom that way in that I don’t bring any preconceived notions about, I’m working purely for aesthetics.

6 Likes

Finally got these done
But don’t regret it because it was fun
Now without further delay
Here are the requests for the monthly challenge in May

@RobArt471
Here it the DKR one. Was think how to make his shadow make a Bat signal and I thought to make him gliding toward a spotlight. I’ve drawn Batman before but never the DKR one so it was fun draw a different version. Also used as a great chance to work on perspectives.

@JKoco17
Never drew the Penguin before so it was fun to draw him. Decided to focus on his… unique mug​:sweat_smile:. Used the chance work on my faces. Has fun with it. Really like the colors in this.

@stefanie.m
Scarecrow is alway fun for me to draw. And I know asked which one but as I posted that I though of a way to add both so it did. Like how the gas came out.

@SuperBlueGrodd
I think this is only my second time doing Atom and never did the Comic Ray so that was fun to do. Decided to make him swinging from a molecule. Nice chance to work on my action shots. Liked the colors used in this one too.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Really had fun with this one. Used as a chance to work on my expression and really enjoyed it. Drew these to a lot but never like this. So that was fun.

With that those are all my requests. Really awesome™:+1: requests from everyone all very fun to do. Enjoy :+1:

10 Likes

Same. It’s a nice challenge and in the end I may end up learning about and maybe liking the character too.

6 Likes

Love that Scarecrow!

7 Likes

Wow, awesome work all around. That is a very creepy Penguin with the sharp teeth!

8 Likes

Thank you so very much! I appreciate all your kindness.

Speaking of the DS vs NS, I finished the inks on it just a day ago.

7 Likes

Love the DKR!! Thank you for doing such a great job! The others are just as great, but the scarecrow is fantastic!!

5 Likes

Wow my friend these are ALL amazing! Joker and Bats is brilliant reminds me of lego batman, like J didn’t like bmans response to who is his greatest enemy superman so he poisoned batsy instead. Great colors and expressions!

Atom is so cute and fun. I love the idea of him swinging on a molecule! Movement looks great and again color! He also looks like he’s concentrating very hard for his next leap.

Scarecrows look boss!! Asylum will always be my favorite but your knight version is cool as well, like the gas made him double and grow sort of like in the game? Love it.

Lovely lol Penguin. His teeth are giving me the movie vibes were he was eating that fish ugh. Expression is great and the coloring as well. You killed these requests!!!

Perspective is so difficult for me anywayand the DKR is perfect. I like that his body is causing the batsignal!

6 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

And the inks look great.

3 Likes

Didn’t think of the LEGO Bats thing but makes sense :sweat_smile:.
Asylum Scarecrow is definitely one of my favorites too. Injustice Scarecrow is probably my top favorite.
And the fish scene did come across my mind when making Penguin :sweat_smile:

5 Likes