Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for May, 2021

Hell yeah! Dude, that’s awesome!

4 Likes

I am still drawing in my head, keeping in my mind; identity, color scheme, posture & pose, symbolism, and hair style. I am still watching Black Lightning season 3 before putting that request 1st. My mind already has the layout. But, perhaps 3 days after Kate should be done.

5 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes

@stefanie.m your request was:
Lex Luthor Michael rosenbaum- stef
I loved Smallville and still maintain the early seasons of Lana and Clark show they were the best couple.
Hope you like it!

All requests fulfilled! Now onto figuring out what I can do for this week’s challenge…

13 Likes

Fantastic!! The best ever live show/movie Lex Luthor IMHO.

5 Likes

You definitely keep killing it dude! Great work capturing his likeness and the suit work too!

I second this motion Rob plus hes the best flash.

5 Likes

Dang thats some good work. The colors are great, backgrounds awesome, and just his pose in general, firing Ollie’s bow

4 Likes

Thank you! :pray:

Luckily, I have a bow and could do some live posing for reference. And yes, I am ripped just like the Spectre! :crazy_face:

PS
Not really, although I lost about 50lbs while I had COVID.

PSS
The Nightshade vs Slade is looking rather awesome so far! Can’t wait to share it once it is done. Gotta work the background in and then I will be on to inks. Should be ready by the weeks end, if work allows it.

6 Likes

Really nice work. You’ve got those likenesses down.

7 Likes

Omg glad I’m not the only that does this lol. Dang and you kept right arting along! :muscle: but seriously glad your ok. :hugs:

Ooooh excited for this. Nightshade is beautiful/powerful and well Slade is always a bad @÷* and your work so this is going to be great!

4 Likes

Thanks! I feel better and have got my vaccinations now.
Art was was saving grace throughout. Not that it was real bad, but I had some aches and pains that would keep me trapped in bed for hours and sometime days. Whenever I could hold a pencil or my iPad, I would use the leaf section of my dining room table as an art board propped up in my bed to draw on. Between drawing and reading some of my favorite comics time would fly by. I would also like to say my wife was the absolute best during a tough time! Anyways back to work on my art before bedtime.

7 Likes

That sounds rough (and 50lbs is a lot of weight to lose). Glad to hear that’s all behind you.

6 Likes

I’m glad to hear you are feeling better buddy! This disease has done too much damage, and I had even lost a friend to it, so I am glad to hear you recovered. Who else would I swap stories about artistic daughters with?
As an aside, I do my own posing for all my reference work, so…nah, I would have too much trouble.

7 Likes

I’m gonna try to get my stuff done soon. I don’t know if I’ll end up coloring all of it, but I at least want to do my Robin King justice. My scanner is not being particularly cooperative and I’m just kind of…unmotivated right now.

7 Likes

Hang in there! Looking forward to whatever you are ready to share!

5 Likes

I took some liberties here and did a mash up using the characters above.

We have the Question inspecting glowing aglets with the help of Cyborg while Static looks on wondering what the heck is going on.

12 Likes

Nice work! Love statics expression and those things should never glow lol.
tumblr_ob42xmkNzJ1tvovv5o1_400
Also great idea with the mash up!

9 Likes

I simply got carried away having WWWWAAAYYYYY too much fun with this one!

@stefanie.m - Nightshade vs Slade
Sorry I didn’t ink or color this(I plan to do so later on), but if I did I would not have time to do any other requests and I want to do them. At least as many as I can, cause I want to do them all! @JKoco17 This is the reason I skipped this weeks challenge, sorry. :frowning:

13 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome! You’ve got the whole scene covered here! I like those black hole effects for Nightshade.

5 Likes

If anyone could just remind me, tomorrow or the next day, I’m just gonna photograph my works and post what I have. I’m just struggling to stay artistically motivated and need to step back for a bit. I’m feeling stretched really thin right now.

5 Likes