Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for June, 2021

Nice! It looks like it was ripped right out of the comic from a different perspective. I would be hard pressed to say this was not a lost panel.

4 Likes

Since when can Aquaman fly?

4 Likes

Ouch! Very nicely done. I like the evil Robin King holding Batman down. I worry about the hooks and what will be done to our hero. I can hear the music crescendo as the evil Batman slices him up.

4 Likes

I had not done him before but he does have that Hex look to him. The scarring was the most fun aspect but also terrifying because it looks cool when done right but did not want to overdo it as I knew it was going to be inked over by @NYJt3 who did an amazing job with the shading and colors.

4 Likes

Thanks! Although I have a soft spot for Harvey in BTAS I like the more realistic burnt skin look from the movies. I never understood why he would be blue or purple. It was fun

4 Likes

You did a great job and I enjoyed working with you. I am so used to doing the shading myself that I had to stop myself and provide the outline for you to work on. Iā€™m no good at colors so you brought out the best, and I like seeing what others bring out in the art

4 Likes

I love the shading of her as she seems to be standing over a criminal looking down at him. The added background seems like a stormy night in Gotham but isnā€™t that every night? Very nice job!

4 Likes

Thanks! It was a lot of fun

3 Likes

Thanks! The scarred face was the most fun and I love how it came out. The background was perfect for his character thanks to @NYJt3

3 Likes

Great team up! The pose is strong and the muscular attributes are perfect for her, not too masculine. The ink are great in defining the shape and definitions. The colors are tinted just right to go well with each other in a very nice contrast. I really like this a lot yā€™all!

3 Likes

I like putting Batman into tough ā€œhow the heck does he get out to thisā€ situations where he always finds a way.

I did have a plan for the hooks, but it was getting a little too dark and decided this was enough. There was going to be other Batmen from other multi-verses hanging in the background. If youā€™re familiar with the BWL storyline, he was killing all the Batmen from them. Since I didnā€™t ink it yet, I may go back to it and finish it off like that just for fun.

I really like the thought of a musical crescendo playing. It would be a perfect touch to the scene as if in a movie!

I would have to say again that @JKoco17 colors really set the mood perfectly. This was so much fun. I wanna do this again. A lot.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not too familiar with the series but I can picture this perfectly and your execution. I mean we all saw the Darkseid piece :clap:.

3 Likes

Here you go. The July challenge is posted!

2 Likes

1 Like

Due to unforeseen happenings, I had to finish this late but!! Itā€™s all ready to be viewed now!!
So feast your eyes on @stefanie.m and Iā€™s collab!!

7 Likes

Amazing! Great Job, @Squintyfist and @stefanie.m! Love the Bat-Family wall art in the background! The whole gaming scene is very cool! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Squinty did an amazing ink and color job! Brought the whole thing to life and gave it more dimension. You are fantastic!

4 Likes

This is really great! The layout, the details and the colors are all top notch! Well done!

5 Likes

Very awesomeā„¢:+1:.
Even Damian with his classic ā€œttā€ :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone who participated and followed along with the June collaboration challenge!

6 Likes