Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for June, 2021

This is great! Was it inspired by ‘A Death in the Family’? It reminds me of Jim Aparo’s work.

Oh no Robin (and his pants)!

6 Likes

We all agreed on a 80’s style Batman and it was definitely inspired by a Death in the Family!

5 Likes

thanks @JKoco17!!!

Btw, @TheWifeOfJasonTodd, I regret to inform you that your husband is dead. But don’t worry, he’ll come back in a few years as a murderous psychopath!

6 Likes

These are all incredible :scream::scream::scream: good work everyone!!!

5 Likes

He’s more of a sociopath than psycho, but alright. gets Lazarus pit ready

7 Likes

lol!

3 Likes

thanks @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder

3 Likes

Love the Terry piece, @Foofarow.Femme.Fatale and @JKoco17 !! The pose is just so perfect, and the clean two tone shading works excellently!

I have not seen this design before, @Goldk – great choice! (I clearly need to catch up on the Tynion/Jiminez run!!) The ink and coloring is great, too! Way to stay in the lines, @JKoco17 :wink:

Great work on Batwoman, @KingOfTheWickerPeople + @Jurisdiction … I think she’s always a tough one to capture.

Death of Jason is a frame-worthy beautiful tragedy. (We are supposed to see it as a tragedy, right?) Great job @SGTSUGAR, @Goldk, and @Jurisdiction!!

And his left elf shoe! :shock_ga:

7 Likes

thanks @keath !

5 Likes

Thank you :batparrot:

5 Likes

I think this is another case where not knowing a lot about the character worked in my favor (see my Robin King and Eradicator Lois who I had never even heard of before the May I Request challenge), I feel like I do better work that way because I have no assumptions to bring to the table, I’m just looking at others’ art, picking out the facets I like, and giving them a bit of my own spin.

I just have that basic visual impression to work from.

8 Likes

Wow! Animation quality all the way you both did a great job!!!

4 Likes

Superb!! Great team work to make this comic quality!!

4 Likes

Nice job!! :+1:

3 Likes

Fantastic! Perspective is great and the proportions between bats up close and Robin in the background give excellent sense of depth! Nice clean professional level inks with great colors that look straight from a comic!

4 Likes

thanks

3 Likes

thanks

3 Likes

Oh no, it’s not all me. We’re all part of the same team!

7 Likes

Thanks for the kudos. @SGTSUGARs pencils were great, I just had to pour ink into the grooves. And @Jurisdictions colors really made the whole thing pop. It was great fun putting this together.
Go Team!

7 Likes

The Batman Who Laughs!

Pencils by @RobArt471
Inks and color by @JKoco17

13 Likes