Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for August, 2021 - Happy Birthday Harley's Crew!

Umm do I want to know what piece :joy:

well done IMM, you flipping nailed the animated show look, clayface steals the show.

9 Likes

Nice work! The head tilt is a nice touch and harls response is great, tool bag :joy:

9 Likes

Ravens gift is hilarious! And harls looks great, loving the boot work.

Good luck on all your endeavours!!!

10 Likes

@RobArt471 @DC89 @stefanie.m
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I’m not gone forever, I’ll still drop in here and there. I love checking out everyone else’s art! I’ve just got to use my time wisely right now.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Thanks! I go with bold, solid colors a la animation partly because I don’t have very advanced skill with painting, digitally or otherwise. Bold, solid colors are very old-school comic book, very BTAS, very Mike Mignola, all big influences on me.

I’m a line art and ink guy at heart. As far as style I always think of it like Bruce Lee said about Jeet Kune Do, “the style of having no style” but really it’s more I tend to want to incorporate things from whatever art I’m looking at at a given time.

12 Likes

@KingOfTheWickerPeople - Nice work. Really like the shine coming off the bomb. Best of luck on your future work. Come by anytime!

@IamBeastBoy08 - Welcome back! Great idea for a gift for Harley.

@ImpulseMaxMercury - your animation style is pretty awesome! Nice pencil shading on Clayface.

12 Likes

Beautiful work on this! Love the humor! :rofl:

10 Likes

Couldn’t get this idea outta my head so here’s part 1 of 2 for the monthly challenge. Also I know yall didn’t ask for Boomer but part 2 will be just what you asked for, scouts honor :harley_smilehqtas:

Also also tiny figures are hard!!!

14 Likes

Tiny figure are hard! You got some great detail in her though!

8 Likes

:star_struck: Just how we like our :bomb: s’plosives—enormous! lol, Thank you, @KingOfTheWickerPeople! :green_heart: And @IamBeastBoy08 for the Red Tool!

Also: :raised_hands: I really enjoyed Harley’s White Knight series too. :diamonds: Definitely recommend.

11 Likes

@stefanie.m this is awesome!! Thank you so much! That was one of a couple moments I can’t get out of my head either. You do whatever you feel—it’s Harley. We don’t have to follow the rules to the letter :sunglasses: :black_heart: :harleys_crew:

12 Likes

:heart_eyes: This great @ImpulseMaxMercury! Hilarious too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:—THANK YOU!! :clayface_grinhqtas: :black_heart::white_heart::heart:. These are great everyone!

Sidenote: I want Clayface’s hand to come back. :clayface_handhqtas:

11 Likes

I went with the animated series designs as well.

Happy birthday Harley’s Crew!

19 Likes

tumblr_9e98393be83f3eaa9a185051f6b005d8_0e72e270_540

Right such good interaction. And thank you!

9 Likes

LOL! WW got pickpocketed by Catwoman and caught in a “do I say something or not” situation! Great!

11 Likes

Ha great story/interaction! Like selinas side :eyes:, and you got harls excitement spot on. Plus like that magic glow look around the lasso, all really well done!

10 Likes

It’s been a busy month and my first two ideas didn’t pan out (and the characters were done better by others…) so here’s my gift for Harls, simple and heartfelt, in pencil only…

16 Likes

Diana and our favorite Cat-lady are here!! :raised_hands: Thank you @JKoco17! :00_wonder_woman_gold: :purple_heart:

Actually, :point_up_2: this is for @keath too! Thank yooou! Great job! :harleys_crew:

14 Likes

Thanks @RobArt471, @stefanie.m and @Razzzcat! This was fun to do.
I think Harley would just love a magic lasso all her own!

10 Likes

I’ll second that. :grin:

Everything came out great. Awesome job everyone :smiley:

10 Likes

:smiley: :purple_heart:

Love this @stefanie.m1 That is such an accurate Harls reaction too. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

7 Likes