Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for August, 2021 - Happy Birthday Harley's Crew!

This is the submission thread for the @DCFanArtClub’s August 2021 monthly challenge celebrating @Harleys-Crew’s 1 year anniversary.

The challenge this month is to draw a picture showing what certain DC characters would bring to Harley’s birthday party and, for bonus points, Harley’s reaction to it.

You can check out more details here.

Due Date: August 31, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

14 Likes

Couldn’t resist such a wonderful excuse to draw Harley! I love the look of the Black + White + Red comics, so I tried to use only black, white, and red here; haha. Hope y’all enjoy! I know this is a little unorthodox because Harley’s not exactly at a birthday party, but what else would she do on her birthday besides commit some wacky and fabulous crime and get caught? And of course, there’s loyal Bud and Lou to the rescue!

21 Likes

This looks great!!! Great use of color within the limitations you have set on yourself.

11 Likes

:star_struck: Thank you @K.Bookwyrm! That’s awesome! Love B+W+R—great choice! Bruce digs it too. :diamonds::green_heart:

13 Likes

Wow, really nice playful, yet sinister, work! Bud and Lou are bringing Harley those keys so that totally fits in with the theme :grinning:

12 Likes

:purple_heart: :star_struck: :smiley: :+1:

OMG @K.Bookwyrm- this is A-MAZ-ING. :eyes: The three color palette discipline, the Bud & Lou to the rescue thematic- fantastic! :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleys_crew: :hyenahqtas: :hyenahqtas:

10 Likes

thank you!

9 Likes

Very cool!!! Gives me Teen Titans(cartoon) vibes!

10 Likes

This is a really great piece! Harls expression is fantastic and bud lou are just precious, helping out.

9 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes

Oh, wow, this is fabulous! Such a great idea, and so beautifully done in the BWR style!

9 Likes

I regret that my work is a bit rough right now. Haven’t had much time to commit to the project and I’m dividing it across two separate ideas.

First, a shout out to Sean Murphy’s fantastic White Knight comics.

And second, one of my favorites to draw making a surprise showing.

Alas, This’ll probably be my last DCFAC Challenge. I’m working on some original creative projects (some of which are indeed comics, but mostly as a writer) that I’d like to commit my limited time outside of work to. I hope that someday soon I’m able to tell you about them, but I’m going to go silent for a while.

Best wishes everyone and Happy Birthday to Harley’s Crew!

16 Likes

Great work as always! I for one will miss your art around these parts! Good luck with your future endeavors!!!

9 Likes

Rae Rae! :smiley: :00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

Best wishes for all of your current projects @KingOfTheWickerPeople. :+1:

9 Likes

RedTool: you said the bat was getting annoying, so I got rid of em.

Harley: you didn’t have ta do that for little ol me tool bag​:crazy_face:

13 Likes

I could have gone with movie Harley to go with my usual realism style, but I got an idea that stuck in my head and wouldn’t let go, so I went animated this week!
I thought the clay mug with the saying “You don’t have to be crazy to work here but it helps” was perfect.
And I tried to keep the humor as clean as possible but just naughty enough to capture the animated show’s vibes.
Enjoy!

16 Likes

Funny! I like the general stance of him and can picture the words in my head! Great job!

10 Likes

First of all best wishes to you! Here’s hoping our paths cross again. You’ll be missed.
Second, your drawing is amazing. It’s got that animated style but the shading is, excuse the pun, da bomb! It reminds me of a style I cannot put my finger on. And I could totally see Raven wanting to leave the party and her body language says it all.

11 Likes

Very very cool. The use of the colors really makes this stand out. The separation with the bars and the silhouette of the hyenas reminds me of a title sequence in a movie before it starts!

11 Likes

Thank you!

10 Likes