Monthly Art Challenge: February Submission Thread

February21Banner

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

10 Likes

Inspired by the song Aliens need love too by phlake, mercedes the virus

10 Likes

Those hands are perfect! I am working on hands and know they are not easy. The splash of color evokes some emotion. Nicely done! :100:

5 Likes

James carr - A man needs a woman

10 Likes

you’re already killin it with this challenge, @comp.LEX!

5 Likes

Keep’em coming these are great!

4 Likes

Okay last one… “Get back up and fight Mr Kent”

Music of inspiration for the drawing “then you can tell me goodbye” - bettye swann

9 Likes

@CynicalPink although I maintain the relationship between Clark and Lana in the early seasons of Smallville show the true power of love (Huey Lewis playing in background), I did draw the Lois and Clark coupling from the show that really got me into Superman comics: Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain were my Lois and Clark for many years. Until Smallville came along. And Lana and Clark should have been the couple go ahead and fight me on it! If I have time later this week maybe I’ll do a Smallville Lana and Clark drawing to prove it but only if work does not get in way.

By the way, I was going to include Howie Mandel as Mxyzptlk as Cupid shooting arrows but I followed my own advice: less is more. I did not want to clutter the drawing and keep it simple.
Now if someone else wants to use Mxyzptlk as Cupid that’s fine just credit me!

10 Likes

@comp.LEX i love this one!

@ImpulseMaxMercury wow, great job capturing their likenesses! i agree with your decision to narrow the focus, but i’d still like to see your Mandel Mxyzptlk someday!

6 Likes

The likenesses of these two are astounding. I really like the composition of the whole thing. Very valentine-y piece. Great job.

6 Likes

@biff_pow this one is for you…

I think they made the right decision not to go with Mr Mxyzptlk’s comic look but I had to try to combine it with Lois and Clark’s look for the character.
Here’s references I used:

8 Likes

:laughing: i love it!! and you even nailed his hair!

4 Likes

I was thinking of drawing him as he is now as he is closer to the character’s baldness now than then, but I promised Howie as he looked on Lois and Clark, curly hair and all. Surprisingly quickly drawn too

4 Likes

he turned out great!

4 Likes

It’s the real power couple of Superman: Howie Mandel and his curly hair. It is what raised the movie Walk like a Man to such Oscar worthy heights, or at least a very funny movie to me when I was a kid.

4 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Lois and her Man of Steel.
Big Superman fan always happy to draw him and Lois!

9 Likes

Great work… interesting choice on giving him a belt and purple suit …

3 Likes

Lois…“What? It looks better on me…”
Clark…“My mom made that for me.”

9 Likes

I love those lines! also dig the color choice, nice palette!

2 Likes