Month of Gotham (2024)

1. What two characters do you wish got to team up (or team up more often)?

At first I didn’t think about it, but a user on Tumblr pointed out that we were robbed of a Bruce and young Jonathan Crane friendship. There’s some fanart floating around of what it could have looked like, including one of Bruce calling for Alfred because a scared and hurt Jonathan was found wondering around the manor’s property outside.

Obviously I don’t see what good would come out of it, but Bruce has a tendency to befriend or trust characters that are untrustworthy and has even befriended some characters like Ivy AND Oswald Cobblepot (they’ve had run ins and have been relatively in each other’s good graces in the show), but apparently he could not befriend one of the few characters in the show that was in his age range.

Oh well, there’s always fun fanart at least!

3 Likes

Day 13 - What two characters do you wish got to team up (or team up more often)?

I really couldn’t think of anything for this one, as most of the characters I wanted to team up did so. I have to agree with @basicallytimdrake about Puck though. It would have been nice to see him and Jim outside the prison. As it is, I wasn’t real happy when they killed him off.

3 Likes

Day 14 - Which scene(s) made you laugh the most?

Two come to mind. The first is in the third episode of the first season, “The Balloonman,” when Oswald returns to Gotham. He steps off this bus and there are all these crimes being committed–purse snatching, prostitution, et. al.–and Oswald smiles as if he got off the bus in Mayberry and says, “Home.” The second is in the final episode of the second season when Clayface is impersonating Jim and not quite getting it right…

3 Likes

Day 14 - Which scene(s) made you laugh the most?

I think that during the time I was on my first watch through of this show I was so unhealthily sleep-deprived and devestated by everything and basically drowning in this show that every joke and funny scene fell totally flat on me lol. And then on rewatches I had already heard the jokes so I was unaffected still. The Amy Winehouse Love Ballad Hallucination Scene did make me laugh but not like “ha ha funny” more like “ha ha I’m losing my mind someone put me out of my misery.” So. Yeah that’s my answer lol.

3 Likes
  1. Which two characters do you wish got to team up (or, team up more often)?

Harvey and Alfred

1. Which scene(s) made you laugh the most?
4 Likes

Day 15 - Which scene(s) made you the saddest?

The murder of the Waynes and Bruce’s grief afterwards.

4 Likes
  1. Which scene(s) made you the saddest?
4 Likes

Dangit I missed a day. Oh well.

1. Which scene made you laugh the most?

This is hard because there’s a lot of funny one liners (like most of Harvey’s) but I think for me “Disco Vampire” is a classic (wouldn’t you agree @basicallytimdrake?).

1. Which scene made you the saddest?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

I’ll go with the classic scene of the Wayne murder. Even though it’s something we all have seen time and time again, Bruce is so little :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Iconic scene

4 Likes

Day 15 - Which scene(s) made you the saddest?

If you know me at all you know what my answer to this scene will be. A scene in Gotham season 3, episode 11- Beware the Green-Eyed Monster. This was the episode where Edward rejected Oswald in a very devastating way. And my overly sensitive mentally ill self was so absolutely destroyed by that that my chest was physically aching for a good day and a half. And. To be fair, it messed me up so bad because it reminded me of a time I was rejected in a similar fashion (minus the many casualties that came from the nygmobblepot rejection) and also I was just going throgh it in general so there was a reason it messed with me so bad. But. That scene cut me to my core and it screwed me up so bad and I was so visibly affected by the sleep deprivation and sorrow that everyone in my family assumed I was sick and let me sulk in my bedroom for several days. I was. Not okay lol. So. That’s the saddest scene to me.

4 Likes

Even though the murder of the Waynes has been done multiple times and even in big budget feature films, I think Gotham had the most powerful portrayal of the event. It was like a punch to the gut.

4 Likes
  1. I guess the original one. I wasn’t really a fan of that Ivy

2. I’m not sure.

3. when they removed the chip from Riddler’s brain and he was saying random stuff. that always makes me laugh.

4. when Arthur Penn was killed after being free from scarface

5 Likes

Sorry for skipping the last 7, but I’m here and I’ll do my best answering them. #15 Which scenes made you the saddest?

S***! I don’t know, it’s been 4/5 years since I last seen the show

4 Likes

I don’t even know why I’m posting here, if I can’t even remember what the hell happened :laughing:

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes
  1. Which scene(s) made you the angriest?
4 Likes

Day 16 - Which scene(s) made you the angriest?

I have to go with the murder of the Waynes, again.

4 Likes

Day 16 - Which scene(s) made you the angriest?

The Amy Winehouse Love Ballad Hallucination Scene. It is so confusing and nonsensical it makes my blood boil. Why did they have to do all this.

4 Likes
  1. Which scene made you the angriest?

I’m gonna go with all the scenes where the macho cops are bullying Ed. It just goes to show that some people never grow up, and also that unfortunately bullying can happen when you’re an adult, it’s not always a school thing.

4 Likes
  1. when Selina kept lying about Bruce’s parents
4 Likes