Moment of Silence for Memorial Day: Monday, May 31st at 12pm PT/3pm ET

They also serve who farm and fish and ranch for a living, who heal and teach and create, who run toward danger when they get the call, every one of these American dreamers and doers and responders, heroes one and all!

5 Likes

To @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell and @msgtv
And all those who served or serve the rest of us

We respect your service

We are all in this together
We are united

11 Likes

Thank you to anyone who joined us today. You are encouraged to return here and use this destination for your own personal moment of silence, as needed.

12 Likes

Today, as I do every single day, I want to say thanksā€¦

Thank you to those who paved the way for me to put on the uniform of a soldierā€¦

Thank you to those who stood next to me as we fought for the thing we most believe inā€¦

Thank you to those who gave their lives so that I could have one more day to tell my family how much I love themā€¦

Thank you to those who picked up the rifle when my body became too broken to continue the fightā€¦

Thank you to those who stayed behind and kept the candles burning for usā€¦

Thank you to those who gave up their husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters so I could live one more dayā€¦

Thank you to all the heroes of our United States Military, Pastā€¦Presentā€¦and Futureā€¦ for never believing that you are a hero, although you truly are.

With love from a Gold Star Widow,

PPB :star:
:green_heart: :green_heart:

21 Likes

Even after a moment of silence, still thinking about you and @msgtv

My utmost respect and admiration.

Take care, you two :heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart: :zap:

13 Likes

Maā€™am,
PPB, thinking of you and your husbandā€™s sacrifice. God Bless you.
Respectfully yours,
MSG (Retired) United States Army
MSGTV

14 Likes

A respectful thank to all veterans and current military personnel. Your sacrifices are noted and truly appreciated. And also a special thank you to the families of those as well. You sacrifice too and sadly, sometimes, have to come to terms with grief for the fallen that touches you directly. Your service to the country is remembered and honored as well.

11 Likes

Itā€™s just a few minutes after midnight as I read this. This is a beautiful thread. Blessings to all the heroes that have served throughout the decades. Thank you DC Universe for remembering to do this.

9 Likes

Yesterday, May 25, Memorial Day; I Love My Uncle James, My Granduncle Sofronio, I Miss My Mother, Elizabeth & My Closest Friend, Jamiceā€™s Holy Mother, Jeannie (Geneva). I Wish Theyā€™re All w/Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kilowog, And ALL Lantern Core; Justice League Unlimited. I Wish My Friend, Arisototle (Beast Boy), Can Be w/Terry McGinnis & Dana Tan McGinnis, Max, ALL The Robins & Batgirls, Me, Abigail, Sabrina Shimada, Brian Tong, ALL The Alfreds, Bruce Wayne, Thomas Wayne & Martha Wayne, Lucius Fox, Luke Fox, Kate Kane, My Younger Brother, Ryan & Olivia Munn, Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock, DJ ICE D & Shae, HoremhebIX, CAT & JJ, The Rock, Dave Bautista, GEARS4 CHAINSAW And Ra1nSire, MAX & MAX Jr., Daigo, FILIPINO CHAMP, SnakeEyez, Justin Wong, Maximilian, ALL The Katanas; Karen Fukuhara, ALL The Harley Quinns, Harley, Anna, Anna, Especially Mr. Bean, In Da Future 9 w/Jenniferā€¦

8 Likes

Greetings, Citizens of the DC Universe,

In keeping with last yearā€™s newly established tradition, the DC Community will again be taking a moment of silence for Memorial Day this Monday, My 31st, from 12:00pm - 12:05pm PT. This means we will be disabling all ability to create topics or post comments for these five minutes.

We hope you will join us in acknowledging the sacrifices made to create a country of people that, in spite of everything, never stop fighting for a better tomorrow. :us:

9 Likes

For those who protect us

And Especially
The military families
Who have served
America and the World
For
Freedom Justice Liberty
Throughout Americaā€™s History

4 Likes

From my childhood

Davy Crockett
Last Stand
At the Alamo

5 Likes

ā€œAs we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.ā€ ā€“ John F. Kennedy

5 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

This year Iā€™ve had the pleasure to work with a lot of amazing Vietnam Veterans. They arenā€™t always appreciated. But they fought for freedom like any other American would. The average soldier during the war with Vietnam saw 240 days of combat. Yet they served through that hell. These men are amazing people, who knew amazing people. Iā€™m thankful for their service. For all those men who fought and died and were afraid to die and yet fought anyway. And yet you walk up to one and talk to them and they are the nicest and most humble men and women you will ever meet. Thank you to the Service Men and Women who fought for freedom! May you rest In Peace.

4 Likes

Thank you to everyone who joined us for our moment of silence to honor those who have sacrificed everything so we could have this vibrant, passionate, groundbreaking, messy, and wholly incredible country we call home. :heart: Please continue to share your memories and loved ones with us today, and all year long! :us:

7 Likes

Amen.

3 Likes

I have not been very active on here so I just saw this. It made me so happy and a bit teary to see DC Comics remembering those who fought for our freedom and our families. These brave heroes deserve more than a day a year for remembrance. May God bless America and these saviors.

4 Likes