MLK Day

Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man who fought equality for the African American community. I wasn’t alive during the time period, but the effects of Dr. Kings work can be seen all around me.

9 Likes

Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. ! His dream continues to inspire us. One of my favorite quotes from him is “The time is always right to do what is right.”

6 Likes

@JL, I love that quote!

3 Likes

Martin Luther King Jr. was and is a towering giant of hope and inspiration for our collective humanity. His “I have a dream” speech moves me every time I hear it.

5 Likes

I was 14 when he died, while I don’t remember him, I do remember all of the media coverage and the mood of the country

3 Likes

MLK​:heart::+1::ok_hand::muscle:

3 Likes

Happy birthday, MLK! Thank you for your bravery and fighting for what is right. I know I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for you and the other courageous African-Americans who fought for civil rights.

1 Like

That quote definitely deserves a place on the fav’s ist if it’s not already, agreed, @JLWWSM! Thank you for the beautifully stated thread, @Redhood.55520 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

5 Likes