🎶 Mixtape Monday: Women's History Month 🎶

Welcome back to another chapter of Mixtape Monday! Last week's playlist was a big one for a tiny character, the Atom:
The Atom Playlist
  • “The Atoms Family”
  • “Small Song”, by Lhasa de Sela
  • “It’s a Small World (After All)”, by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
  • “Little Bitty”, by Alan Jackson
  • “All the Small Things”, by Blink-182
  • “High Hopes”, by Frank Sinatra
  • “Small Small World”, by The Statler Brothers
  • “Atomic”, by Blondie
  • “Shrinking Man”, by Ry Cooder
  • “That’s About The Size”, by Sesame Street
  • “Out Of Sight”, by James Brown
  • “Weird Science”, by Oingo Boingo
  • “White & Nerdy”, by “Weird Al” Yankovic
  • “Bigger Than Me”, by Louis Tomlinson
  • “Big”, by Fontaines D.C.
  • “It’s a Small New World”, by Ariel Winter
  • “When You’re Small”, from Phineas and Ferb
  • “Short People”, by Randy Newman
  • “Goody Two Shoes”, by Adam Ant
  • “Particle Man”, by They Might Be Giants
  • “Little Bitty Pretty One”, by Thurston Harris
  • “Short Short Man”, by Gillette

This Week’s Theme: Women’s History Month

March is Women’s History Month, so now is the time to put together a playlist full of songs for our favorite DC women! Let us know who your favorite DC women characters are and what you think their favorite songs would be, below!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes

This one has to be part of the playlist:

10 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

Well, for Black Canary a song that mentions her given name, “Dynamite” by Mud

And for Barbara Gordon the Batgirl theme from Batman '66

9 Likes

My two favorite female DC characters are Wonder Woman and Star Sapphire!

Not sure if any of my picks really relate to them, BUT I just want to showcase some of my favorite female bands/singers! You can pick the two…
“Pieces”, by Icon For Hire

“Trip The Darkness”, by Lacuna Coil

“Fault Lines”, by Comrades

“Fragments Of A Bitter Memory”, by Dying Wish

“Fixed At Zero”, by VersaEmerge

9 Likes

my favorite is Wonder Woman

13 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern, how are you doing today? Hope you say great, anyway here’s my two pick for women history month. :smiley:

:girl::woman_red_haired::woman_white_haired::blonde_woman:

9 Likes

I’m good, thanks for asking! And thanks for adding great songs, as usual. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You know, if somebody were to make a DC Bombshells movie or TV series, this playlist would be a great soundtrack.

8 Likes

That hadn’t occurred to me, but you are absolutely right! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve picked one for each of my two favorite female DC characters!

For Caitlin Snow, the reformed ice killer:

For June Moone (and her mean roommate the Enchantress):

10 Likes

Supergirl and Wonder Woman are two of my favorites.

Donovan - Superlungs My Supergirl

Guess Who - American Woman

9 Likes

Supergirl , Wonder Woman and Batgirl are some of my faves.

Christina Aguilera - Fighter

They’ve all gone through some hard stuff but they’ve fought through it.

10 Likes

Here are two perfect songs for Women’s History Month.

10 Likes

I feel like Jessica Cruz could relate to this song:

12 Likes
9 Likes

Favorites are Zatanna & Huntress. Z 1st…

10 Likes

My local Regal (and I mean really local, like less than a few KMs from me), is showing two WB movies, so I assume it’s a co-promotion with Warner studios, of the original Wonder Woman and Ocean’s 8 (which is actually a really good movie for anyone who has not yet seen it). And it’s a reduced ticket so I might convince my neighbor to go see it, he’s always bored. But I really wished they had done WW '87 as I have still yet to see more than the long introduction (of young Diana) that was posted on-line ages ago.

I see DC made certain books free to read to everyone - which is always cool that they do that, but unless they really promote that on line (since I’m not on FB or twitter), it’s not always accomplishing anything. Folks who have the DCU Infinite app are either members/former members, or only have the account for other reasons (e.g. me). And I get few messages - and I don’t recall get any marketing messages:

“Help celebrate Women’s History” (or Pride, Black History, etc. etc.) - although I always get more than plenty of notice that Batman Day is coming up, is here, or just passed but these things are still available, yadda yadda…

7 Likes

As for the thread topic, Lois Lane -

since she hasn’t gotten any love, and let’s propose this particular song “Somebody Else” song by Eric Durance herself:

I’m also a Zee fan, Jessica was a good addition to the Lanterns, if I could find a good song that made you think of the 1950s, 1960s mood in a very modern, woman of tomorrow way, I would add a mid to late Silver Age Kara here, but besides those and others already mentioned here, I think I would add Mera:

and this song is Many Happy Returns:

9 Likes