🎶 Mixtape Monday: Wildcats 🎶

7 Likes

So, this is a group I am completely in the dark on… some quick research led me to these two choices:
“Headshot!”, by MyChildren MyBride

while the song is technically about the Halo series/Master Chief, I figured it could do for Spartan (since they are both Spartans)

“Voodoo”, by Godsmack

and then this one should be obvious (I guess)

10 Likes

You’re more on the money than you may think as there may or may not have been a mutant cameo or two in WildC.A.Ts #8.

7 Likes

Happy DCUniversarry @LDFM

6 Likes

Alright, though, music choices for WildC.A.Ts… Well, this was the 90’s and things were pretty EXTREME back then, so…

For Spartan:

9 Likes

For the record, my Sophie’s Choice would be The Wild Boys, by Duran Duran.

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary @LDFM :smiley:I hope you have’d a great day :partying_face: :tada: :piñata: :mirror_ball:

6 Likes

h͚̖̜̍̃͐a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍p̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏p̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣv̪̩̜̜̙̜ͨ̽̄e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ @LDFM !!!

6 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @LDFM! :batparrot: I hope you’ve had a great day and thanks for always contributing to the music threads. You’ve posted some great stuff. :+1:

batman

7 Likes

Since the 90s were so extream. Also, my teenaged brain could hardly deal with the tide change that was happening in comics at the time.

8 Likes

How big was their music video budget? It’s like a movie.

6 Likes

Back in the golden age of the music video, cost was almost no object…

8 Likes

For reference, there was a point where music videos became full-on film shorts, if your name was big enough:

(Not suggesting these as part of the mixtape, just passing this info on to the young 'uns.)

8 Likes

I want my MTV! If you didn’t have a music video you didn’t exist.

7 Likes

I always felt like the x-men theme song was one of the weakest of the cartoon theme songs. I tried to marathon the show once and the song really started to grate on my nerves. Loved the show but man that song.

That Muse music video is a masterpiece of juxtaposed genre. I think I’m in love. I’ve heard the song so many times but never seen the video.

7 Likes

Bowie has a Frankie Goes to Hollywood shirt on lol. Never picked up on that b4. That shirt is in every other comic on here. I posted like the 1st 10xs. Now I just pass it over like a Poe or Alice in Wonderland reference. All nonstop.

7 Likes

Happy Anniversary @LDFM! :tada::cake::confetti_ball:

Rock on!

6 Likes

I was just trying to think of a good song for the Daemonites and I this one just came to me after looking for what I thought was a Janes Addiction song. Man was I off.

9 Likes

Happy anniversary, @LDFM! I hope it was a great day! :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

6 Likes

Here’s one for Voodoo.

One for Zealot and Grifter

8 Likes