🎶 Mixtape Monday: What's Your Favorite DC Theme Song? 🎶

Danny Elfman but the cemetery song one of my favorites.
Batman Returns “Cemetery” - Danny Elfman

1 Like

Kiss from a Rose, Seal

3 Likes

This song gives me goosebumps! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

One of my favorite’s is Justice League Unlimited - Fatal Intentions and The Truth
It’s starts off action-y and transitions into a more somber tone which I personally listen to when reading comics that have emotional moments or calm moments characters have after battle.
I just love themes that can blend two different tones together like this one did.

1 Like

Maybe not my favorite, but The Batman’s second theme is a lot of fun. I especially like the nod to Batman '66 in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loU9ZMbyRRg

1 Like

You’re so right! :smiley: Sometimes I almost miss the Batman '66 folded in there, but it’s such an amazing touch.

1 Like

@davelopez I was going to say that!
It gave me chills during last year’s Elseworlds crossover when they showed the old Kent farm from Smallville and played a snippet of that song.

1 Like

Oh, my, some of these blasts from the pasts keep giving me the nostalgia feels. :wink: I love them! It’s really interesting how I didn’t watch some of the shows mentioned during my childhood, but their themes seem to have a similar flair to the theme songs of what I did watch. So much reminiscing to be had with this thread! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And for those from the movies mentioned, as well as those I hadn’t heard until now, I ended up with the chills (in a good way!) - slow moments, moving to crescendos and back again! Then for others, I couldn’t help but be surprised (…I didn’t expect that from a Lego Batman movie, but I like it! :hushed:).

Okay, time for me to shush and listen to more. :headphones:
But before I go, quick question - any preferences for songs with lyrics vs instrumentals?

I have to go with 1978 Superman and 1989 Batman theme music.:slightly_smiling_face::radio::notes:

1 Like

@Reaganfan78 - I don’t blame you! Thank you for giving me a reason to listen to them again today. I could never get tired of those! :slight_smile:

1 Like