🎶 Mixtape Monday: What Songs Would Mr. Freeze Chill Out To? 🎶

Hello to you, DC Family!

Did you enjoy last week’s trip to the idyllic shores of Themyscira as much as we did? With a playlist like the one below, I’ll be taking it along to the next beach I head to, for sure! :beach_umbrella:

• “Beyond the Sea,” by Kathryn Williams (from The Cafe)
  • “You Are My Sunshine,” by Various Artists (we chose Jimmie Davis)
  • “Islands In the Steam,” by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
  • “Дикі танці,” by Ruslana
  • “Wipe Out,” by The Surfaris
  • “Crimson Wave,” by Tacocat
  • “Over the Rainbow,” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
  • “(Sitting On) the Dock of the Bay,” by Otis Redding
  • “Seaside Rendezvous,” by Queen
  • “Wonder Woman” (Original Wonder Woman Show Theme Song)
  • “Wonder Woman’s Wrath,” by Rupert Gregson-Williams (from Wonder Woman)
  • “Amazons of Themyscira,” by Rupert Gregson-Williams (from Wonder Woman)
  • “Paradise City,” by Guns N’ Roses
  • “Wonder Woman,” by Kacey Musgraves
  • “Pretty Girls,” by Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea
  • “Cherry Bomb,” by The Runaways
  • “Everything’s Going to be Alright,” by Bob Marley
  • “Peaceful Easy Feeling,” by Eagles
  • “Mr. Sandman,” (Cover) by SMYL
  • “We Drift Like Worried Fire,” by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
  • “In the End,” (Cover) by 2WEI
  • “I’ll Be,” by Edwin McCain
  • “Zombie,” by Bad Wolves
  • “The First Time,” by Lifehouse
  • “Meant to Live,” by Switchfoot

This Week’s Theme:
“What Songs Would Mr. Freeze Chill Out To?”

“Winter has arrived!” … and while we know the season’s far from over yet, as we move from Themyscira’s warm coasts to the snowstorms and cold fronts that have been sweeping the country lately, at @Lincolnfan78’s special request, we thought it might be a great time to think about the musical interests of the ever-incorrigible King of Cold, Mr. Freeze! :cold_face:

As someone happy to throw cold water on a hero’s plans, and always thinking ahead to prevent them from throwing salt on his, what tone do you think his playlist would take? :wink:

:snowflake: Let us know below! :cloud_with_snow:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

6 Likes

Considering how long last week’s list is, I can’t help but think someone tipped everyone off about the deep freeze we’d encounter with this week’s theme, and you, in turn, wanted that vacation to last as long as possible! :wink: But alas, every season has its appointed time, and Mr. Snow’s apparently been having a good time bringing the cold air even as far as Florida lately. :hushed:

So, this week, my song of choice is the “Snow Miser Song,” (from The Year Without A Santa Claus, and as featured in Batman & Robin). Enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

YES THANKYOU! :grinning::snowflake:I’ll be back!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Anytime I hear this song by my all time favorite singer Hank Williams, Cold Cold heart reminds me of Mister Freeze, when I was a teenager playing with my Mister Freeze toy I imagined that long before he became Mister Freeze, He and Nora went on their first date, then they heard this song they dance together, many years later as Mister Freeze this song haunts him with a sad painful memory of his and Nora first dance. Here’s Hank Williams ‘Cold, Cold Heart.’

7 Likes

There are so many good options for this - Smashing Pumpkins My Love is Winter… or like literally any sad love song :smiley:
But… I love Alison Moyet and this song so much that I can’t pass on the opportunity.

Alison Moyet (Yazoo) - How Winter Kills:

5 Likes

Longing for a life lost with Nora, the Mama’s and Papa’s California Dreaming

4 Likes

Fun little fact: In a movie Dragon the Bruce Lee Story, Bruce Lee’s daughter made a cameo singing this song. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

cage the elephant - cold cold cold

3 Likes

The Doors - Wintertime Love. For Nora. :heart:

2 Likes

So, let’s do like we did last week: (Note: I feel like Fries would be into rock, I don’t know why, so these are mostly rock songs)
Gone Away-Offspring
This is verbatim how he feels w/o Nora
Cold-Five Finger Death Punch
Victor’s outlook on the world, and the how he justifies his actions as fighting the evil Bruce Wayne
World So Cold-Three Days Grace
“Living in a world so cold, living in a shell with no soul” He has to live in an exoskeleton, or a shell. Life sucks when you have to be alone.
So Cold-Breaking Benjamin
Fries’s longing to be loved is best shown in this song
Castle Of Glass-Linkin Park
How Mr. Freeze feels like no one understands him, or how his life is now.
Sweater Weather-The Neighborhood
The nostalgic way that Fries remembers Nora.
Cold-Crossfade
Mr. Fries, realizing how wrong he was, and not knowing how to fix it (like in Batman Beyond TV show)

4 Likes

Tom Waits - Cold Cold Ground

3 Likes

Excellent request, @Lincolnfan78 and another awesome “challenge”, @MissInkBlot! I always think of Mr. Freeze (how funny that we properly call a villain “mister”?) as a melancholy person in light of his backstory. The song that sprang to mind with seriously somber and vibey tones is another favorite of mine: The Remedy by Abandoned Pools.

How cool is their female bassist too? Love her look and play style. Killer song from back in the day.

Going with an edgier “everybody chill” theme, I’d choose: Cold by Static-X.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Tee hee! I had to do it!

5 Likes

Cold ethel - Alice Cooper.

1 Like

I am a rock- Simon and Garfunkel

2 Likes

Cool - Jonas Brothers

1 Like

The Bangles: hazy shade of winter.
One of my favorites & in the 80’s my number 1 hot rock women Susanna Hoffs. Now married to Jay Roach who gave us Austin Powers & so much more.
I’ll add Weezer: The sweater song. Just don’t pull my string as I walk away.

1 Like

Frankly, I’m shocked this track never got brought up.

I feel like I also got a playlist Mr. Freeze would use when he’s running trials and making tweaks on his freeze guns. The mess Batman up playlist.

1 Like

Here’s another song that would be good for Mister Freeze, on how he feel on missing his wife Nora while sitting in his cell with sadness. Here’s Buddy Holly singing, ‘Raining in my heart.’ :cloud_with_rain::sweat_drops::blue_heart::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes