šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: What Songs Make Up Your *Birds of Prey* Playlist? šŸŽ¶

Hello again, fellow Music Mixers!

Thanks to all of you, not only does Poison Ivy have a playlist worthy of her character, but now we also have a new one to greet 2020 with, as well! Take a look at our selections below:

• ā€œBreathe Again,ā€ by Spoken
  • ā€œOne More Diamond/The Costume Ball,ā€ by Elliot Goldenthal (From Batman and Robin)
  • ā€œI Need Seed,ā€ by Thee Oh Sees
  • ā€œWalkinā€™ After Midnight,ā€ by Patsy Cline
  • ā€œAlmost Nothing,ā€ by Silent Poets
  • Anything by Bush :stuck_out_tongue:
  • ā€œSaltwater,ā€ by Julian Lennon
  • ā€œAnd I Love Her,ā€ by The Beatles
  • ā€œPoison,ā€ by Alice Cooper
  • ā€œKiss from a Rose,ā€ by Seal
  • ā€œShot of Poison,ā€ by Lila Ford
  • ā€œPoison Ivy,ā€ by The Coasters
  • ā€œStupid Girl,ā€ by Garbage
  • ā€œRoses,ā€ by Making April
  • ā€œTime of the Season,ā€ by The Zombies
  • ā€œFall in Line,ā€ by Christina Aguilera (featuring Demi Lovato)
  • ā€œHold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me,ā€ by U2
  • ā€œFern Beard,ā€ by The Submarines!

This Weekā€™s Theme:
What Songs Make Up Your Birds of Prey Playlist?

Speaking of 2020, with a new year comes a list of new blockbuster releases to look forward to, one of which weā€™ll be highlighting for this weekā€™s theme! Are you looking forward to Birds of Prey as much as we are? The trailer has us hyped and excited, but for me, it also brought to mind songs thatā€™d make great background music for the scenes they gave us a glimpse of.

What about you? Know of any youā€™ve heard elsewhere thatā€™d be perfect for movie like this? Let us know what comes to mind below! Since films typically have both instrumental scores (OST), along with accompanying vocal songs with lyrics, either type is acceptable. :slight_smile:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each weekā€™s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, weā€™ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! Weā€™ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our ā€œWhatā€™s the Last Song You Heard?ā€ thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

6 Likes

Since I love a good movie with a full crew in tow, I originally considered a Diplo song, but since I also like the ā€œIā€™M the one they should be scared ofā€ concept of rising in status and wanting to leave a lasting impression on her surroundings (as well as those unfortunate enough to be occupying that space. :stuck_out_tongue:), I went with NFā€™s ā€œGrindinā€™ā€ for its overall feel. If I mute the trailer and play this behind it, I can especially imagine that songā€™s instrumental intro being used during one of the scenes where the crew walks in formation together. Some notable lyrics:

:notes: Yeah, what is you running for?
They should be running from ME! :notes:

3 Likes

The first to come to my mind is from Birds of prey TV show. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s My Girl - Fifth Harmony

3 Likes

Yay girl bands!

Sorry if I pick really obscure bands sometimes but itā€™s just whatā€™s in my musics and it really does fit the theme, or at least to me it does. I picked this song because it reminds me of Harley and sheā€™s the biggest parts in the trailers. Sheā€™s crazy.

Break Your Mind - The Darts (US)

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78 - Ah ha, youā€™ve unleashed all the nostalgia feels already! Was always a fan of that on its own as a pretty catchy song in and of itself, but indeed, the BoP connection makes it perfect for this. A great choice as always! :slight_smile:

@arkhamassassin - Recommendations like that are what tell me itā€™s been much too long since Iā€™ve heard a Fifth Harmony song. I love how it fits with the crews using teamwork concept. The videoā€™s especially nice in showing how no dayā€™s a boring one for them, and youā€™ve made me join in with @seitan in exclaiming: ā€œYay girl bands!ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

@seitan - Please, no need to apologize for picking obscure bands. Those are often my favorites when it come to trying to find new music to listen to, so the more obscure, the better. Besides, youā€™re right about that one and its strangely upbeat declaration of, ā€œIā€™ll break your mind!ā€ - alas, bright colors and lethal threats is the exact feeling I get from the BoP trailer, too, so to say itā€™s well-suited is an understatement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another awesome thread, @MissInkBlot! Iā€™m so excited to comment on this one because Iā€™m currently reading the Birds of Prey series! The two songs that immediately came to mind are:

Dangerous by Big Data (featuring Joywave)

Kill of the Night by Gin Wigmore

2 Likes

After seeing the new trailer just now, one song that comes to my mind for the new movie is ā€˜Fireworkā€™ by Katy Perry! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@KeyFamily - Alas, weā€™re on the same wavelength, and I love it! :partying_face: When that happens, you know itā€™s a sign of good things to comeā€¦ and in this case, a double dose of music to our ears!

Thank you for sharing them! It was my first time hearing Big Data, but you did exactly what you did last week with ā€œKill of the Night,ā€ (I always get that narrowed eye stare that Fry from Futurama gets, and my mind goes into an, ā€œIā€™ve heard this somewhere before. butā€¦ ohhh, I remember, now!ā€ :hushed: journey toward epiphany, lol). They both have a such a gritty heaviness to them, that, as one of the comments on those videos says, makes them addictive - definitely songs to put on repeat, and I might have to look for their guitar tabs, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Reaganfan78 - Ooh, are you talking about the TV spot they did for New Yearā€™s, or another one? If the one I mentioned, I know what you mean! Itā€™s so well done, isnā€™t it? And it really does set the stage for a fantabulous New Yearā€™s. :wink: Side note: Typing out ā€œfantabulousā€ has me humming the ā€œSupercalifragilisticexpialidociousā€ song, now, too, lol,

Edit: Actually, noo, I just caught up on seeing the new one. I was missing out! Really liked their choice of background songs for it, but I can see ā€œFireworkā€ doing just as well over it, for sure! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, @MissInkBlot! I could picture Black Canary starting a mission or on her ā€œoff dayā€ (never happens) cruising to the tunes. Love the Futurama reference - too funny! :laughing: Iā€™ve had them both on repeat since I selected them for the thread.

Very cool that you play guitar!

The more you know

2 Likes

@KeyFamily - Ahh, that gif! I never get tired of seeing it :stuck_out_tongue: Thoughā€¦ ā€œplayā€ isnā€™t the way my family would phrase it (more like, ā€œplease, spare our ears further torture!ā€ hehe). But, youā€™re always welcome, any time! Iā€™m just excited you all find songs that match characters so well - everyoneā€™s been so good at it that I really need to sharpen my skills by comparison. :wink:

2 Likes

Bel Biv Devoe-Poison. Ivy
Jim Croce-Roller Derby Queen. Harley
Bare naked ladies-Brian Wilson. Oracle.
Jackson five-Rockinā€™ā€™ Robin. Cassie Cain.
Van-Halen-Drop Dead Legs. Huntress.
Carl Douglas-Kung fu fighting- Black Canary.
Cyndi Lauper-Girls just wanna have fun. Renee Montoya.

1 Like

@dago-mage - Wow, with a list like that, your post must be a continuation of the wonderful Gift Exchange Party that was going on! Thank you for the great suggestions, and for being so specific in detailing which character youā€™re dedicating each to, @dago-mage! Iā€™m adding yours to the list now, but do tell, do you have a favorite among those on the list? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I thought of the character & what best applied. Drop Dead Legs & that whole 1984 Van Halen album is a favorite. Huge Lauper fan. 5 octave voice & one of my favorite voices ever. Iā€™m all over the map with music. I like everything that predated me thru everything I grew up on. Not a genre that I donā€™t dabble in. Thank u for the compliments. Means a lot to me.

2 Likes

Aw, youā€™re most welcome! Iā€™m all over the place in music, too, so I really did appreciate the range you shared (ā€œNot a genre that I donā€™t dabble inā€ ā€¦I might have to steal that lol :stuck_out_tongue:), and hearing about your and the other Mixersā€™ favorites makes Mixtape Monday all the better an experience.

Also, to your other post in the ā€œNew to Appā€ thread, youā€™re so right, we hadnā€™t seen you for a little while; in light of that, sending a happy hello and welcome back to the forum to you, in return! If you end up posting to this weekā€™s theme, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this weekā€™s Mixtape Monday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s no problem at all. I finally got it working. Iā€™m so bad with tech, actually I need to stop saying that. Iā€™m actually crazy innately good with tech. Social Media is where Iā€™m clueless. Thank u so much for the welcome back. I missed chatting with u all. I stumbled on this post, luckily, cuz I love it. Now that I have it bookmarked I will try to do em all. Besides the glitches everything that goes wrong on here is my fault. You never have to apologize to me, but I appreciate the notification of what was behind it. I was like, I know Iā€™m bad at this but how did I become a new user, lol. I was trying to show @DakuQuinn my shrine. She said send me a link, I said I will do my best. I honestly donā€™t know how I ended up getting it to her but Iā€™m pretty sure it wasnā€™t a link. Iā€™m still learning how to navigate the boards with this format. I love it tho. If I miss out on certain ones itā€™s only b/c I havenā€™t found it yet. I feel so bad. Iā€™m always respectful on here & itā€™s not an act. It wasnā€™t anything crazy. I just passed a board to congratulate the users who won that contest for their own show. I didnā€™t even know about it, so I wasnā€™t upset. I watched that Andrea Romano DC daily & sheā€™s one of my biggest heroes. I was one of the 1st ones to post on ask a question. I even gave a compliment & it didnā€™t even say to. I put her as top 5 all time favorite voiceover actors like a year ago. I got 0 likes & nobody else mentioned her. I said I know sheā€™s a voice director but she does voices too. The entire interview was perfect for my question. Then they said weā€™re gonna read some compliments from DCU members & I was thinking yes. I gave her a great one & the post said ask a question so I was for sure Iā€™d get one in. It killed me to watch a hero get so emotional & appreciative of all these posts & not be a part of it. I said every person I nominated for community hero got it & not one of them gave me a single vote or recommendation back. It was all of us from day one that weā€™re on here & literally used as an example of the criteria necessary to get nominated. So I nominated all of them as common sense would dictate & not one person thought maybe I should nominate him as well. They did the questions & mine fit absolutely perfect. I get passed over again & people I nominated got there questions asked. I was thinking, why would people who already got the title & the gift bags also be the ones who get selected every time thereā€™s one of these. Nobody gave any likes when I listed her a yr ago & nobody else mentioned her. Now, all of a sudden, everyoneā€™s loved her forever? Iā€™ve never won a single thing or been chosen for any interviews. Iā€™ve checked that box on every contest Iā€™ve ever entered & still have yet to receive the emails & updates Iā€™m supposed to get automatically when I signed up. My friend got it for me for my bday cuz tbh, Iā€™m poor. He said he received a bag of gifts etc. for signing up. So it ran out & I renewed it & I havenā€™t received anything including the emails & updates Iā€™ve checked the box on for a yr & a half. Please understand Iā€™m just telling u what I posted cuz I feel really bad. Iā€™m not aiming this at u or anyone else Iā€™m just telling u what I posted under extremely bad judgment. I said that every person I nominated absolutely deserved my vote. I apologized to DanTheMan1 for hijacking his post & venting. I donā€™t think he accepts it & I donā€™t blame him. Bottom line Iā€™m beyond sorry & embarrassed & not to play victim but I think just not having the means to live or survive financially just heightened everything. Iā€™m sorry I wrote u a novel. I promise u Iā€™ll never let anything even close to that happen ever again. Iā€™m the most laid back person in the world. My skin is extremely thick. I misrepresented who I am & itā€™s shameful & for sure reeks of envy, but it was just one day, one moment that I couldnā€™t suck it up & face the position I put myself in. God Iā€™m sorry I unpacked all of this on you. Scouts honor Iā€™ll be the kindest person on here for as long as Iā€™m in this community.

1 Like

Can you really have a BoP playlist and not include this BOP?

5 Likes

Pop Evil - Birds of Prey song off their self titled 2018 album. This song fits cause as lyrics say some are impressed- black canary, batgirl, question and some are misfits like Harley Quinn. There is a diversity in the background of characters on the team. They feed off their own blood line. Batgirl gains some of her resources, knowledge, experience from the Batman. Harley Quinn from joker. Their wings are clipped, fell from grace, they are on their own now no joker or batman to stop them from being who they are. They feed off the weak- being the criminals and scum under black masks employ- they revel for the fight - lifeā€™s an open door, stays wide open. Many new possibilities. And its possible to bring change, especially for Harley Quinnā€™s character as she has never worked with hero heroā€™s like this before.

1 Like

@dago-mage - Yay! Iā€™m happy to hear youā€™re going to try to participate in all of the MTM threads. Weā€™re happy to have you as a member of the DC Family, so the more, the merrier! :slight_smile: No worries about your prior posts - completely understand, though if you ever end up needing tech help, please donā€™t hesitate to reach out to the mods using the ā€œNeed to Contact the Mods?ā€ button on the right side of main forum pages. Weā€™re always happy to give a helping hand when needed! As for things going on in life in general, I hope the new year makes for improvements in all areas there. The past few years seem to have been pretty tough, but thereā€™s always up from wherever we are, so I think things will get better in time. :slight_smile:

@nu52 - Ohh, youā€™re so right! How could I forget? Thank you so much for that - that lovely tune was added to the list, post haste! :wink:

@Nok - Fantastic choice (but this, weā€™ve come to expect anyway! :slight_smile: ) - not only with the perfect choice of title, of course, but after going through the rest of the lyrics, it applies well in so many ways. Songs with that general sound have always ended up on my favorites list, so that oneā€™s not only added to the BoP list we created, but my ā€œrepeatā€ list, too. Thank you so much for sharing it!

2 Likes

Short answer. Absolutely not. Thatā€™s the background picture on my personalized home screen on here.