šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: What Songs Are On Poison Ivy's Playlist? šŸŽ¶

@Reaganfan78 - Iā€™m always up for some fun trivia, yes! :slight_smile: Thank you for that, itā€™s truly a surprise to hear that about her background, and the plan to do that with her mom - itā€™s funny how things work out in peopleā€™s favor isnā€™t it? After all, can you imagine talent like that staying hidden otherwise? What a terrible thing it wouldā€™ve been to miss out on! (Side note, saw your latest post on the Green Lantern MTM thread, and couldnā€™t hold in the giggle caused, so let me just say: I approve! :stuck_out_tongue:).

@KeyFamily - You know, Iā€™ve always been familiar with the first song, but as with a few previous that have been shared in our other Mixtape threads, I never knew the name or band behind it, so when I listened this time around, all of a sudden, the light bulb in my head turned on! :bulb: I canā€™t thank you all enough for moments like thatā€¦ itā€™s such a great feeling! That said, wow, I really like ā€œTime of the Season,ā€ for her! And the second song gives me such great ā€œFighterā€ vibe memories from Christina, but having never heard this one before, Iā€™m adoring the lyrics. Theyā€™re lethal in a good way, and I agree, perfect for revenge. :hushed:

We all send you a very warm welcome to the Mixtape party, by the way! :slight_smile:
You hit it out of the park with your choices, and weā€™re so happy to have you! :tada:

@AnonymousBB - With good reason, you and me both! With a band like that, having so many gems as it is, itā€™s a joy to come across new ones I hadnā€™t heard yet, so Iā€™m grateful you shared it. :slight_smile:

@Vroom - It sounds like you and your brother not only had fantastic taste then, but certainly do now (though Iā€™m saddened by the ā€œused toā€ - I canā€™t be the only one who still does it, right? :zipper_mouth_face: uh oh, lol). Liking the add of U2ā€™s song to the list, tooā€¦ that movie has such a good soundtrack. Hello, afternoon playlist. :wink: :headphones:

5 Likes

This from the Reading Challenge 2020 thread.

And from our current thread.

This was my experience over the holidays; so much noise and ruckus I couldnā€™t think (not that I donā€™t love and appreciate family over for the holidays) But I needed an escape. So I put in my ear buds and played some generic fantasy music while reading the Gemworld arc in Young Justice. Really enhanced the experience. Then I find Mixtape Monday. Itā€™s like pairing your favorite dish with a fine wine.

So @MissInkBlot I should hope you continue this endeavor. And like @Reaganfan78 with the Mr. Freeze playlist request, I hope you expand your playlists. This is awesome.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, @MissInkBlot! Iā€™m glad youā€™re digging the picks! I really appreciate the warm welcome. :blush:

4 Likes

@Aristarchus94.72134 - Wow! What a beautiful post, @Aristarchus94.72134, thank you! What you described sounds like kismet to me. :wink: And with such high praise and so many great people, such as yourself, joining in to participate, how could we not continue MTM? It certainly brings a smile to my face every week, so Iā€™m glad it has such a positive effect for you, as well! If you have any requests or suggestions, please donā€™t hesitate to share! :heart:

@KeyFamily - Aww, of course! Any time! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m late, but Fern Beard by The Submarines! Whimsical and then menacing.

ā€œWeā€™re gonna take this town back!ā€ sing the plants in chorus!

3 Likes

You are too kind. You have inspired me to continue my ā€œpairings.ā€
So this ā€œkismetā€ . . . I was looking for a nice Harley figurine; my wifeā€™s new fave after watching the new animated series. And I discovered the Bombshells line; only to find they had their own comic book series. I looked them up on DC Library. And in keeping with your theme tradition, I wondered, Who would the Bombshells listen to or who would be most appropriate for their World War II exploits? Peggy Lee. This woman did everything in the business when women were still staying home and doing the dishes. She was definitely her own woman. Perfect music for reading the Bombshells. My (most) favorite song of hers: Similau. So thanks again @MissInkBlot for inspiring me to pair my reading with the appropriate music.

4 Likes

@biff_pow - Late is good! Itā€™s better than never, which, after going back, Iā€™m reminded of again, having now heard that beautiful addition of yours. Iā€™m so sorry for the late reply, though; I didnā€™t anticipate more songs being added, so Iā€™ll keep better eye on these from now on. :slight_smile:

This was my first time hearing Fern Beard, but I love that song just from first play through. Whimsical is a fantastic descriptorā€¦ I keep trying to put my finger on something I mightā€™ve heard thatā€™s similar in nature, but it stands alone, I think, and I like it that way. And those lyrics! ā€œIn the beginning, we all start as a tiny seed, then a tender sprout. With water, light and the hope of love, We grow up towards the skies above.ā€ Iā€™m amazed by how well your pick fits the theme - wonderful job! :slight_smile:

@Aristarchus94.72134 - Aww, I love that! Both the song, and the way you see the connections you do between topics, and the backgrounds of both DC titles and real individuals from our history, alike. Iā€™m a big picture person, so Iā€™m particularly intrigued by your, and othersā€™ stories when you explain how your choices relate, since your personal experiences and musical tastes will have you making some jaw-dropping connections I wouldnā€™t have dreamed of. Needless to say, with something like MTM, you all never cease to amaze me! :slight_smile:

So, to your post, I can only say that, of course, youā€™re most welcome, but above all, thank you, too, for sharing that with us, as well! :blush:

4 Likes

ā€œPoison Ivyā€ by Faster Pussycat

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Heh, I was just thinking when I posted my suggestions for Creature Commandos that I need a Poison Ivy week. And lo, it happened 3Ā¼ years ago but was resurrected this week!

So, in my head canon, Poison Ivyā€™s entire music collection is nothing but original Cramps 7"s. And she lets people wonder if she and Poison Ivy Rorschach are really distinct people or not. (Note; no comic book true love for Pamela until long after Lux Interior passed away.)

But hereā€™s Ivy solo (well ā€œsoloā€), doing Mancini up right.
(AFAIK recorded originally for the Shots in the Dark Mancini tribute, also featuring Davie Allen, WWOJ, Man or Astroman?, Del Noah, and more. Rose McGowan on the cover (and inner sleeve) being awesome. Strongly recommended.)

2 Likes

Duh.

2 Likes
5 Likes