šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: What Song Will You Dedicate to COIE's Fallen? šŸŽ¶

Iā€™m kind of breaking my own rules, since the theme asks about one character, and Iā€™m devoting this to all of the fallen, so youā€™re free to rebel as I have. I like songs that are bittersweet and heavy, so Anadelā€™s ā€œRemember Meā€ came to mind:

4 Likes

Now I got a couple of songs idea, just give me a minute! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Already? :hushed: I canā€™t wait to hear what you have in mind, @Lincolnfan78!
(If theyā€™re sad ones, Iā€™m already anticipating my saying, ā€œIā€™m not crying, youā€™re crying!ā€ lol)

1 Like

Play this with a picture of Superman holding Supergirl in his arm and Batgirl speaking at Supergirlā€™s funeral, you get a really sad heartbreaking music!
2 Likes
1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:Those are my pick, @MissInkBlot. Hope you like it.

1 Like

YouTube
Flashā€™s original TV theme from 1990, composed by Danny Elfman and (I believe) Shirley Walker

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised no one picked ā€œAngelā€ by Sarah MacLachlanā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to stay spoiler free because I havenā€™t watched it yet. Iā€™m 1 season behind on everything but I still wanted to join Mixtape Monday because itā€™s my favorite!

I just wanted to leave this song here : Die and Live Forever by The Growlers dedicated to everyone who might have died. There isnā€™t a single character I donā€™t like so Iā€™m feeling sad about what might happen

:notes:Bleed together, suffer together
Laugh and cry together
Live and die remember
Die and live forever :notes:

@Lincolnfan78 - Ohh, I loved Phantom of the Opera, so I can only respond with ā€œI approve!ā€ :slight_smile: My goodness, though, the ā€œThe Civil Warā€ has my heartstrings being tugged. Itā€™s strange how, despite the topic being completely different, it manages to give me some Titanic, ā€œMy Heart Will Go Onā€ vibes (the more instrumental version). What is it about those period movies? They have such great (and sorrowful) soundtracksā€¦ :sob: Thank you so much for framing it so well with the scenario mentioned!

@TornadoSoup - Thank you for the spoiler blur there - completely understand! Itā€™s a great choice, though, and Iā€™m glad it provides something more upbeat, particularly when compared with my own choice. Itā€™s a superb ā€œpalate-cleanserā€ of sorts, and kind of makes me think of the ā€œremember me as I was in good timesā€ concept. What is it about that particular scene (the original, I mean, vs others), that you like most? o.o

@MovieAddict - Oddly enough, though I really like Sarah MacLachlan, that hadnā€™t come to mind for me (ā€œFallenā€ usually does when I think of her), so I ended up wagging my own finger at myself for not thinking of it, either. >,< Thank you for bringing it upā€¦ that definitely fits in well! A superb choice!

@seitan - Thatā€™s a great addition! Especially in that it keeps the very, very, very long-term in mind, in its inclusion of forever. I like the idea of that representing everyone, and love that the lyrics are so inclusive in something of a ā€œwe are all oneā€ way. Iā€™d never heard this song, but Iā€™m quite fond of it already. :slight_smile: Thank you for that, as well as your kind words - weā€™re honored to hear you like Mixtape Monday so much! :heart:

Iā€™m out of here for now, but will check in later. Thank you for participating, everyone! :slight_smile: There are so many superb choices already shared that I can only imagine what the rest of the week will bring!

5 Likes

For this week Iā€™ll be honoring some fallen ships that the crisis took from us.

Iā€™ll make a poll for it and see if that works. Everyone vote for the one you like the most.
(Expand at bottom for songs)

@MissInkBlot - The one with the most votes will be my contribution to the playlist this week. If no votes are cast, you pick a favorite. :smiley:

• WestAllen
  • Supercorp
  • Dyla
  • Olicity
  • Brainia
  • Coldwave
  • Batmoore

0 voters

WestAllen

Westallen
Knowing the future has always been the curse of the WestAllen relationship. Whether it was about Barry disappearing or the article being written by someone else, they always fought to change it, trying to hold on to eachother. In the end it was Iris who died young.
Laleh - Some die young
YouTube

Supercorp

Supercorp
A friendship that many wishes to be more was lined with lies and betrayals. The world ended before they could make up and find forgiveness and maybe more. In the end, they were always on the same side. They wanted to make the world better.
Enigma - Why!
YouTube

Dyla

Dyla
Lyla had been working with the monitor all along, letting Diggle live in a relationship of lies. After a final kiss she commits the ultimate betrayal of Diggle as she lets the antimatter wave take him.
Weeping Willows - Emptiness
YouTube

Olicity

Olicity
After walking setting out on a quest alone to give his wife and children a chance, Oliver dies. Oliver becomes the new Spectre and sends his daughter away when she comes to look for him to try to return him to life.
Beborn Beton - Another World
YouTube

Brainia

Brainia
Coming from the future he was one of the worldā€™s brightest thinkers. No matter how many tiny boxes he compartmentalized his heart in, he couldnā€™t think straight when the dreaming girl of his dreams was near. She must have seen the end coming and he would have known.
Jonathan Coulton - When you go
YouTube

Coldwave

Coldwave
Mick Rory was alone. Drowning himself in beer, he still had the voice of Snart with him. When you are on the wave rider, time means nothing, he had all the time in the world.
Air Supply - I can wait forever
YouTube

Batmoore

Batmoore
Kate Kane never lost her love for Sophie Moore. A thing that should have been right went wrong. After Moore got married to Tyler, Kate sought her out again trying to find out where they were. The antimatter wave ultimately took them both, leaving Kate alone.
Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room
YouTube

Iā€™m going to rebel @MissInkBlot style, and go with a song that can cover multiple characters.

2 Likes

Because itā€™s not over yet
1 Like

Ok hereā€™s another sad song, Sweet dreams by Patsy Cline, this song was released after Cline was tragically killed in a plane crash. I think this makes a perfect tribute to the 90s Flash death if Tina was thinking about him.:pensive:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here

1 Like

These should fit:

2 Likes

@Pow-Pow - I love the idea of honoring ships, and really appreciate the accompanying rationale behind each one, as well as the extra suspense added, now that I see that the top two are neck and neck. :hushed: Itā€™s always so difficult for me to choose one because I always end up liking them all the options you mention, so I thank you for adding the poll - I canā€™t wait to see which wins!

@Vroom - The added support for rebellionā€™s welcomed, especially for songs like those. :slight_smile: Iā€™m with the top comment on the ā€œMy Immortalā€ video that that asks, ā€œDoes anybody else still have a hard time believing that this song is nearly two decades old?ā€ Listening to that today still gives me the same chills it did when I first heard it years ago. When I think of The Police, I usually think happier songs like ā€œMessage in a Bottle,ā€ so I hadnā€™t thought of that option, nor that one for Scorpionsā€¦ with that combo, I was back to being weepy by the time ā€œWind of Changeā€ was over, lol. Thank you for sharing them - theyā€™re sublime choices!

@Lincolnfan78 - You know, thatā€™s the type of song I can imagine being used in one of the showā€™s episodes, too. Having spent more time time in the Fallout universe than I should admit, and listening to the radio in it most of the time where similar is played, itā€™s become easier to automatically think of specific tunes during scenes, so I can understand why youā€™d choose that one. The tragic story it comes with is definitely fitting, though I hope you donā€™t mind my reaching for your box of tissues. I certainly needed them earlier. :sob:

@Anonymousbluebeetle - The introduction for that songā€™s so prettyā€¦ and it so deftly eases you right into the depth of emotion to be found in the lyrics, that itā€™s both comforting in its method, and disquieting in its overall sadness at the same time. Did you have a specific character or moment from the COIE episodes in mind for that, or were you dedicating it to all of the fallen?

@TornadoSoup - Iā€™m liking where your mindā€™s going with that song! If I were a superhero, I could see using it as a rallying call to indicate that no matter what, all hope is not lost - where thereā€™s a will, thereā€™s a way, and indeed, itā€™s not over yet. I love the boost of enthusiasm with your choice - unexpected, but in such a wonderful way!

5 Likes

puts a box of Kleenex on the table for any who need it

3 Likes

Pat @MissInkBlot on the back Sorry for picking some sad song, how about next time we have Happy songs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Vroom - thank you kindly. :slight_smile:

@Lincolnfan78 - Aww, all good! The choices were fantastic, so no harm done. Thank you for the back pat! Iā€™m glad weā€™re all here for each other. :heart: And youā€™re rightā€¦ thankfully, happier songs are on the way!

@Pow-Pow- Just giving a headā€™s up that Iā€™ll use your top two if the results continue as they are. :slight_smile: :notes:

3 Likes