🎶 Mixtape Monday: What Song Represents Your Favorite Titan? 🎶

Greetings, DC Family!

:notes: Mixtape Monday :notes: has arrived again, and here’s a rundown of last week’s playlist!

• “Bright horses” (+ the entire album), by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • “Heroes,” by David Bowie
  • “Harder Better Faster,” by Daft Punk
  • Mass Effect - Main Theme
  • “Hey Man (Now You’re Really Living),” by Eels
  • “Falls,” by Odesza (feat. Sasha Sloan)
  • “This Year,” by The Mountain Goats
  • “I Won’t Back Down,” by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
  • “Upbeat Inspirational Song About Life,” by Michael Bolton & Scott Menville (from Teen Titans Go! To The Movies)
  • “Given Up,” by Linkin Park
  • “Fly,” by Loudmouth

This Week’s Theme: What Song Represents Your Fav Titan?

This week, what songs would you choose to best represent your favorite characters from Titans? It could be a serious choice, or a silly one, but what pops into your head when thinking of the character’s personality, background story, or influence on the show’s plot?

Share it with us in the comments below!
While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

4 Likes

Because I like Cyborg so much, I’m gonna use “The Night Begins to Shine” by B.E.R. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Because Raven is the ultimate goth icon, I’m going with “Dark Entries” by Bauhaus.

Also, Trigon is totally in her head jewel. Just sayin.

2 Likes

I’ve got one for the Titans as a group: “Outlaws” by Green Day

1 Like

" Blood of a Mutt" by The Growlers
for Dick Grayson

:notes: Blood of a mutt
Whipped like a dog
Yes I’m a man
Though it’s taken me so long
Formed by the fools
Who poisoned my guts
With a vengeance of hatred and love :notes:
1 Like

@MButcher - This was my first intro to that song, and happy to have heard it. :hushed: I adore the tempo, and overall vibe. I agree about the association with Raven!
@DigificWriter - ohh, that’s such a good choice… plus, it’s hard to go wrong with Green Day, in general. :slight_smile:
@seitan - that’s some heavy material to work with, and it has such a powerful tone. I like this choice, can definitely imagine a scene of him with that playing in the background. Very fitting choice! Thanks for the great addition!

2 Likes

For Jason Todd Robin- Rockin Robin by Bobby Day
For Donna Troy- Donna by Ritchie Valens
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Are Friends Electric?” by Tubeway Army. I think the lyrics convey a paranoia and isolation that Cyborg felt early on, and more importantly it has robotic beeps and boops!

I love this feature, btw! I just discovered it!

edit - just realized this is for titans dcu, on which cyborg does not appear, hee hee

1 Like

This one might be a little too on-the-nose, but with Gar’s current situation in Titans, his theme song has to be the Beastie Boys “Sabotage”

Creedence Clearwater revival: run through the jungle- beast boy
Ben E. King: stand by me- Dick Grayson (not really Titans seeing how it’s going with him now)
America: A horse with no name- starfire

You said one… but you can’t limit it, And you can pick the one you like best.

Here’s one for Hank

Typically when i think of Wally West I think of this song as i often imagine the scene from young justice where he sacrifices himself.

@Reaganfan78, ahh, I’m liking where you’re going with those! Some of the songs I like best are those with names in the titles, too. :slight_smile:

@biff_pow, all good! As you can see with my pick, I’m partial to Cyborg, too, so I’m happy to have someone join in on the rebellion in breaking the rules. :wink: I’m so happy to hear you like the feature - it’s a joy having you participate!

@MButcher, on the nose is good! It might come in handy this upcoming Monday, actually. :stuck_out_tongue: Great choice, though… that one brings back such good memories!

@Anonymousbluebeetle, thank you for being so thorough in your choices! :hushed: I’ll be taking a listen to them now, though to your last line, it’s never a desire of mine to impose limits on a group so creative, so more than one song is always welcome. Though even if it weren’t… I saw nothin’, I promise. :see_no_evil:

@Pow-Pow, I can definitely see that working as a great choice, both for his character and background, and as a pick for something I’ll be listening to again in the future. Oddly enough, the video you linked to’s creator put in the description, “A song with such a strange rhythm…” and I can’t help but agree. It’s strange in very good way, though. o.o

@Mr.noodle, ahh, that’s a powerful one, too. The lyrics match in quite the interesting way, causing an intriguing dichotomy between the atmosphere the sound and tempo causes vs the lyrics, considering what you’re associating it with. I’m familiar with Matchbox 20, but missed out on the one you mentioned, so I thank you for sharing it! :notes:

You’ve all done a wonderful job with this week’s prompt, everyone! We’re loving your choices! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Might be too late for this one but this sounds like a good song for Raven (Rachel Roth). The blackbird is essentially the essence of her character. She takes in pain of others to help save others. Part of her dark powers.

1 Like

@Nok - You’re fine on time, no worries! That’s one reason why I don’t close these threads - I’m always happy to have new songs added, and never mind adjusting the playlist as needed, regardless of when it is. I love Alter Bridge, too (“Broken Wings” is my fav from them), so I’m far from unhappy about the chance to listen to them. :wink: Thanks for giving me another goodie to put on the playlist!

1 Like

@MissInkBlot any time you are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like