🎶 Mixtape Monday: What Song Reminds You of Themyscira? 🎶

Happy Monday, Music Lovers!

Another week, another amazing playlist to share, and let me tell you, last week’s was the perfect one to accompany the COIE finale! Here’s a quick refresher of what was shared:

• “Seven Nation Army,” by The White Stripes
  • “Wonderwall,” by Oasis
  • “Gonna Fly Now,” by Bill Conti (from Rocky)
  • “No Time to Kill,” by Clint Black
  • “We Will Fall Together,” by Streetlight Manifesto
  • “Hell No!” by Better Than Ezra
  • “Keep the Faith,” by Bon Jovi
  • “I Melt With You,” by Modern English
  • “Immigrant Song,” by Led Zeppelin
  • “The Touch” by Stan Bush (from The Transformers: The Movie)
  • “True Survivor,” by David Hasselhoff
  • “Do You Hear the People Sing?” (from Les Miserables)
  • “Event Horizon,” by Starless

This Week’s Theme:
“What Song Reminds You of Themyscira?”

We’re so excited to share that Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is being added to the service that we’re hosting a WW-themed Mixtape Monday to match! Know those commercials showing vacation getaways, with the background music that’s been perfectly chosen to transport you to the sandy beaches shown onscreen? :palm_tree:

Well, this week, we want to know what songs come to mind when you think of the picture perfect island paradise that is Themyscira! :beach_umbrella: Do any songs put your mind at ease, relaxing you completely? Or any that are so soothing, you can almost feel the spray of ocean mist on your skin when you hear them? Let us know below!

Interested in seeing WW: Bloodlines?
Join one of the two Community Watch-alongs being held this week!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

4 Likes

This week, I’m choosing Kathryn Williams’ “Beyond the Sea” to relax to. The version of this serene little song shared below comes from a show I enjoyed watching called The Cafe. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:thinking:Hmm… I’ll have to think about that. I’ll be back later.

2 Likes

I would pick, ‘You are my sunshine.’ I think Wonder Woman’s mother would sing this to her when she was little. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I just got a new one, How about, ‘Island in a Stream’ by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers. I think it’s a great song for Wonder Woman home island where her mother live. :slightly_smiling_face: Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to go with some ethno music here:

Ruslana - Дикі танці

3 Likes

Yay! Can’t think beaches without surf rock

A classic
Wipe out -by Surfaris

and another one because it’s about girls on the beach :harleyquinn_hqas:

Crimson Wave- by Tacocat

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 - You sound like I was when I thought about this theme. Took me a while to find something, and almost went with the Death in Paradise theme, but that title, though, lol. I like your choice in “You Are My Sunshine,” though, since it serves two purposes, both making one think of physical sunshine, and going into a very sweet backstory! :blush: That second song brings to mind the phrase, “I like long strolls on the beach.” :stuck_out_tongue: Have always been a fan of that song (though one can’t get me to turn down Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers, anyway, but still, lol), so my ears thank you!

@Pow-Pow - See? Yet another example of going “challenge accepted” and then surpassing expectations! The song, itself, is beautifully done, but that video’s 3.5 minutes of joy, too… the moments where we get a glimpse of green landscape in the background (the portions where she’s standing on the cliff) do all the more to cement how well both song and video fit. Thank you for this - I loved being able to hear it for the first time (it’s so good, it has me considering learning a new language. :wink:).

@seitan - Oh, yes, I must wholeheartedly agree… to have this theme pass without those songs would be a tragedy! They’re perfect in setting the scene and atmosphere for the week, and while I hadn’t heard the second song, I love how the two mesh so well, giving those who aren’t in the know a great taste of what “surf rock” is. Granted, I think it’s a bad thing is that now I’m actually considering the logistics of hula hooping while surfing, but I always love multi-song posts, so you receive my happy thank you for that and the great picks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MissInkBlot Nothing reminds me more of an island paradise than Israel Kamakawiwo’ole singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It is a beautiful rendition. :desert_island::beach_umbrella::rainbow:

2 Likes

Read your description @MissInkBlot & b4 I could even think it was already playing Otis Redding: Sitting on the dock of the Bay, in my head.

1 Like

Queen: Seaside Rendezvous, also, but not as much as Otis.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Guns n roses - paradise city- lyrics could be taken from standpoint of Steve Trevor as he has been to themiscrya and compared to the world of man one could say it is relatively peaceful in comparison. Depending on which story arch we choose; the world of man has seen countless world wars, the rise of industry and strife. Themiscyra is the paradise city, where grass is green and the amazons are plenty.

2 Likes

It’s in the title. I love this song :smiley:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/uV2uebhnqOw lol lol no not really

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes

YES. possibly the best all female lineup in music history. That song is on regular rotation whenever I have a music listening session.

1 Like

Peaceful easy feeling- the eagles

3 Likes

Definitely

Mr. Sandman - SMYL (COVER)
We Drift Like Worried Fire - Godspeed! You

BUT above all …

In The End - 2WEI (COVER)

1 Like