šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: What Song Hypes You Up for Harley Quinn? šŸŽ¶

@seitan, why thank you! Itā€™s one of the first things that popped into mind that I can imagine her singing. :slight_smile: Ooh, but I quite like your suggestion. That music videoā€™s crazy on its own (am I the only one a little creeped out by puppets? :stuck_out_tongue: ), but the lyrics are just as great!

@ralphsix, havenā€™t heard that in a long time, but happy to take a listen to it again! So, what is your answer to the question the lyrics ask with, ā€œdoes that make me crazy?ā€ If the HQ group asked me, Iā€™d undoubtedly deliver a deadpan ā€œwhy, yes, yes it does.ā€ o.o lol

@manifest, wow, thatā€™s an intriguing perspective to look at the theme from. Have always liked ā€œBad Romanceā€ as it was, but the added layer of what you applied is a great addition. Very out of the box. :slight_smile:

@Vroom, ahh, Limp Bizkitā€™s a welcome mention, too, I agree! Itā€™s strange how that song seems to do double duty, at least for me, since it tended to be used for both good and bad days, so Iā€™m wondering if sheā€™d eventually come to use it for both, too. Was it just a bad day song for you? Can definitely see those two becoming friends, as well, though. :wink: and thank you for helping @Jay_Kay!

@Jay_Kay, you know, thatā€™s one of those songs I remembered hearing, but never knew the name/artist for, so I thank you for sharing that! I played it aloud and it had heads bobbing in the house, so itā€™s definitely a winner! Great choice! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll check out the rest tonight and will be back tomorrow :slight_smile:
Happy listening to everyone until then! :headphones:

6 Likes

If you have to ask the question, then you probably already know the answer!

3 Likes

@MissInkBlot Break Stuff wasnā€™t a bad day song for me when I chose it. It just struck me as something Harl would cue up when sheā€™s in the mood to, well, break stuff. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

@Pow-Pow - Now, thatā€™s a song Iā€™ve never heard before, but wow, do I love that beat. That music video, thoughā€¦ what in the world! lol If Iā€™m honest, I feel more confused after it than I did beforeā€¦ but I like when that happens, especially on an HQ-inspired week, so this is good, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Anonymousbluebeetle - Thatā€™s lovely! And quite unexpected in how well it fits. I have to start listening to more music like that. Iā€™ve slowly come across similar tunes and theyā€™re always so good! Was that something that automatically popped into mind for you? (as in, do you listen to lots of music like that?)

@Reaganfan78 - Youā€™re most welcome! Your pick this weekā€™s just as superb as last weekā€™s, as well! :slight_smile: Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve listened to Sheryl Crow, and for some reason never knew she sang that song. I completely agree with you, though, she does give off a very HQ vibe - very cool how it applies so well to both this weekā€™s theme, and 007! Who knew? :hushed:

@Applejack - I love the Alice in Wonderland tie-in with yours - the lyrics fit her and the overall feel of the showā€™s trailer so well, along with that being a delightfully creepy video (that poor donut at the end, though! lol). ā€œSo what if Iā€™m crazy? The best people areā€¦ā€ stands out as perfect! :harley_hv_7:

@Vroom - You know, thereā€™s actually more than one Britney song that comes to mind for HQ, now that I think about itā€¦ especially with her first songs. ā€œOopsā€ is a great choice, and certainly at the front of the list (though now I wanna go listen to ā€œ(You Drive Me) Crazyā€ again lol). I hadnā€™t heard that by Katy Perry before, but Iā€™m clearly missing out because thatā€™s fantastic. That was a great follow-up post with relationship-based songs! Ahh, and I agree about ā€œBreak Stuff.ā€ It really is the perfect song to turn on during a Rage Room session. :wink:

@Nogoodchuck - Thatā€™s awesome! Itā€™s does a great job in pumping a person up, and reminds me a little of ā€œKilling in the Name Of,ā€ oddly enough. Same sort of tempo, maybe. That said, your song wouldā€™ve been great in the actual HQ trailer. Really well suited, and goes hand in hand with the ā€œFreedom!ā€ theme. :slight_smile:

@maggie11385.65674 - The back beat for thatā€™s addicting, and it definitely fits HQ well, from the title to the lyrics. I can see why you chose it, and why others have also dedicated it to her in their videos. To say it has a powerful chorus is understating it!

@Dcgoddessofmayhem - I agree, that definitely does fit to a T. Iā€™m always interested in songs that were specifically created with characters in mind, just to see what the artists come up with with such a narrowed line of inspiration in mind. Thank you for sharing it, it was really well done! :slight_smile:

@ralphsix -True enough. Iā€™ve asked it many a time, and the conclusion always confirms it. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

@MissInkBlot that just happened to be on my playlist. In fact every song I pick is on my playlist of like 140 songs earliest song being from the 50s latest being from the EARLY 70s (Pink Floyd). And when Harley Quinn came up that song immediately popped into my head.

3 Likes

@MissInkBlot Itā€™s ironic (to quote Alanis Morrissette, ā€œdonā€™t ya think?ā€) that Iā€™d highlight Britney Spears, as I generally donā€™t like her music. However, I was in high school when she hit big, so her music kind of stuck with me.

Iā€™ll admit that I liked ā€œYou Drive Me Crazyā€ more than other fellers my age around the time it was popular, due to the movie ā€œDrive Me Crazyā€, which starred ā€œDee-Dee from Batman Beyond: Return of the Jokerā€ herself, Melissa Join Hart. ā€œClarissaā€ did indeed ā€œExplain It Allā€. :wink:

The tune below is more my speed, and something that I feel could fit Harley as well as Britneyā€™s poppy, bouncy, bubblegum tunes do.

3 Likes

@Anonymousbluebeetle - Nice! Such are my playlist goals, as well, and yours is an enviable time range of songs to have. :hushed: Definitely explains your great choices!

@Vroom - Can completely understand why those would stick out for you, especially with a movie like that. They seemed to be particularly good at getting songs stuck in our head (and just like that, ā€œKiss Meā€ by Sixpence None The Richer pops into my head as a perfect example from the Sheā€™s All That movie).

Wouldā€™ve never thought to associate ā€œSmooth Criminal,ā€ but I can definitely see that, now. Hmmā€¦ also, Alanis and Alien Ant Farm are going on the listen list tonight, now. Thank you for mentioning them! Honestly, these threads are becoming worse than YT related video lists for me, lol.

3 Likes

@MissInkBlot Funny you should mention ā€œKiss Meā€, as itā€™s also in Not Another Teen Movie, which is a brilliant spoof of teen movies, especially Sheā€™s All That.

Fun Fact: @DCDailyā€™s Samm Levine is in Not Another Teen Movie, as are many other folks who went on to assorted DC productions.

3 Likes

See, facts like that are why I love movies like that so much. I had no idea! I might have to play a DC-based game of ā€œSix degrees of separationā€ on that, tonight. As for ā€œNot Another Teen Movie,ā€ I always liked how the spoof movies like that were just as good, if not better, than those they were based on (at least for me, since Iā€™m into silly movies like that). :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not Another Teen Movie is also one of the few spoof movies with ā€œmovieā€ in itā€™s title that doesnā€™t suck.

Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Superhero Movie and the rest are complete crap and just missed the whole point of satire (to say nothing of being funny, which they werenā€™t), but Not Another Teen Movie absolutely nailed it!

Kentucky Friend Movie is another spoof with ā€œmovieā€ in its title that is quite hilarious. It features many of the fine talents that went onto Airplane!, The Naked Gun, Hot Shots!, etc.

3 Likes

Aerosmith- crazy- joker to harley. How she feelsā€‹:joy::blush:

3 Likes

@Vroom - There are too many movies on that list that I havenā€™t seen, actually. I kind of like watching bad movies as much as good ones, so thatā€™s going to have to change lol Thank you for sharing those! :slight_smile:

@Nok - Hey Nok, welcome to the party, and thank you for the new song (I could never turn down Aerosmith :wink: )! Iā€™ll add yours to the list!

4 Likes

A song that really reminds me of Harley Quinn is Moral of story by ashe

4 Likes

:tada: Welcome to the community @newalexis2021.36825!!! :tada:

3 Likes

Thank u

4 Likes