🎶 Mixtape Monday: What Song Brings out the Green Lantern in You? 🎶

Behold, Fellow Music Mixers!

Another :notes: Mixtape Monday :notes: playlist is complete, and what a treasure chest it is!
Find the goodies below. :wink:

• Classic 1960’s Batman Theme
  • “What Are You Going to Do When You Are Not Saving the World?” by Hans Zimmer (from Man of Steel)
  • Teen Titans Theme
  • “Superman Theme,” by John Williams
  • “Batman Theme,” by Danny Elfman
  • “Static Shock Theme,” by Lil Romeo
  • “Rocky Theme, Surf Version” (from The Batman)
  • “Who’s the (Bat)man,” by Patrick Stump (from The Lego Batman Movie)
  • The Dark Knight Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
  • Classic Superman Theme, Batman TAS Theme, Batman Beyond Theme (it was a tie! :slight_smile:) + Titans Theme
  • “Superman Main Theme,” by John Williams
  • “Flight,” by Hans Zimmer (from Man of Steel)
  • “To Be Human,” by Sia feat. Labrinth (from Wonder Woman)
  • “Save Me,” by Remy Zero (from Smallville)
  • “Cemetery,” by Danny Elfman (from Batman Returns)
  • “Fatal Intentions and the Truth,” (from Justice League Unlimited)
  • The Batman (2nd Theme)

• “Waiting for Superman,” by Daughtry
  • "Rx (Medicate), by Theory of a Deadman
  • “Unforgiven” by Metallica
  • “Savin Me,” by Nickelback
  • “Life is Beautiful,” by Sixx AM
  • “Madness” by Muse
  • “My Hero,” by Foo Fighters
  • “Fine Again,” by Seether
  • “When the World Comes Down,” by AAR
  • “Superman Song,” by Crash Test Dummies
  • “Jimmy Olsen Blues,” by Spin Doctors
  • “(Wish I could fly like) Superman,” by The Kinks
  • “Sunshine Superman,” by Donovan
  • “The Ballad of Barry Allen,” by Jim’s Big Ego
  • “Kryptonite,” by 3 Doors Down
  • “Kiss from a Rose,” by Seal

This Week’s Theme:
What Song Brings out the Green Lantern in You?

Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Modern… with so many characters, and so many ages making up what we know about all things Green Lantern, a thread that always shines through to connect them all is the indisputable presence of strength in the face of injustice and adversity. Are there any songs are your guiding light, helping you power through your rough moments or dark days?

Let us know in the comments below, and may your Lantern oath of choice be your guide!
While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

4 Likes

Hmm, the first thing that pops into mind for me is Switchfoot’s, “When We Come Alive” (though their song, “Afterlife” does too to some degree, I think).

What about you? :slight_smile: And feel free to touch on the question asked in the other thread about preferring instrumental songs vs songs with lyrics. Concerning topics like this, I’m intrigued by the idea of instrumentals having a similar effect on our emotions that lyrics can. :thinking:

2 Likes

Bright Horses by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. The song, and the whole album, is about grief and acceptance of that grief. Cave lost a son several years ago, and this is about his experience. It’s about choosing to see hope and beauty even if it’s not there, which to me is a huge act of willpower.

I’d say that song fits the Star Sapphires more than the Green Lanterns. Still a great song, though.

That list is what we compiled for the last prompt last week.

Yeah, I just now realized that song was my suggestion, my apologies. In any case, here’s my suggestion.

2 Likes

Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster

4 Likes

OK, wrong sci-fi franchise, but my brain just associates this soundtrack with cool things happening in space:

1 Like

Hey Man (Now You’re Really Living) by Eels

1 Like

yeah, always looked up to Jessica Cruz for taking the fight to her own inner battles

Another good one for Jessica, I think.

(Jessica is the best)

1 Like

My goodness, that Teen Titans song is a toe tapper… after listening to that, that’s the most upbeat I’ve felt in a while. :wink:

No problem! My apologies for not making the top part clearer. I just had the chance to listen to your choice, and really like it, though! Looking at the lyrics, I can understand why it’s a good choice. :slight_smile:

I feel the same about everyone’s choices this week, and love how the options differ - from more somber songs that touch the emotions and go into sorting out the day to day strife, to faster-paced songs that you can’t help but bob your head to, and special songs devoted to specific characters, we’re so well-rounded and diverse!

Thank you, as always, for giving us a look into your weekly listens! :headphones:

3 Likes

i know i’m too late but Fly by Loudmouth!

1 Like

Aww, no such thing as too late when it comes to adding new music to the list :wink:
Thanks, @biff_pow! I’ll add yours to the list on this week’s current thread!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

It’s not easy being green, by Kermit the frog. :frog::radio::notes:

1 Like