🎵⚡ Mixtape Monday - Tuning into Static Shock's Frequency ⚡🎵

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters.

This Week’s Theme: Static Shock

Hello, music lovers and superhero aficionados! It’s time to kick-start a brand-new week with Mixtape Monday, supercharged and electrified. Today, we’re zooming in on the youthful energy and magnetic charisma of one of the coolest heroes from the DC Universe, Virgil Hawkins aka Static Shock. Let’s spark the rhythm with this charged-up playlist that embodies Static’s vibe.

9 Likes

7 Likes

:wink:

7 Likes

Just to make many of you feel old as well as post an appropriate song for the playlist:

6 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

“Shock Me” by Kiss

“Electric Love” by Børns

6 Likes

First song i thought of.

7 Likes

Struck By Lightning - Stray Cats

6 Likes

I saw this and immediately thought we were making a playlist specifically for @staticshocks the moderator :sweat_smile:

And it’s because of that I’m dropping this track off to the most Kenough mod in the community.

This is for you @staticshocks :sunglasses::+1:

9 Likes

It was tempting to post another “electricity” themed song, but something tells me Static is a Gorillaz fan.

10 Likes

Static Shock is one of my favorite superheroes who’s not a Legionnaire

Having watched the Static Shock TV series, I really liked how the show dealt with mature themes once in a while. I found the song “Heroes” by Superchick to be one fitting example. And thanks to one internetter, there just so happens to be this:

Of course, we can’t celebrate Static Shock without an honorable mention to the Static Shock theme song, but it has two versions and I don’t want to post just one.

9 Likes

Hey @Stoic_Jester, love this week theme music, @staticshocks, this is for you, hope you enjoy my two song pick for Static Shock. :smiley::zap:

8 Likes
12 Likes
6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I. LOVE IT.

Now this gives me an idea …

7 Likes

As a huge Gorillaz fan myself (got 3 albums hanging right above my desk here), that’s a solid headcanon for him that I totally approve of. :+1:

7 Likes

Great stuff!! :smile: Thanks for the tag! Something to start my morning off right to~

7 Likes

giphy

Also great Beastie Boys pick @raider_dave66 ! THAT album is above MY desk!

8 Likes