🎶 Mixtape Monday: The Penguin 🎶

Welcome to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week, our playlist was all about our favorite local comic shops:

LCS Playlist
  • “Fantastic Voyage”, by Lakeside
  • “Who Will Save the World Today?”, by Adam Hicks
  • “Sixteen Tons”, by Tennessee Ernie Ford
  • “The Flight of the Bumblee”, by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
  • “Pure Imagination (Future James Trap Remix)”, by Dotan Negrin & Prismatic Mantis
  • “(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman”, by The Kinks
  • “Comic Shop (feat. GMK The Great & Kristina Horner)” (Album Version), by Kirby Krackle
  • “The Batman Theme”, by Michael Z. Gordon and the Marketts
  • “You Dropped a Bomb On Me”, by The Gap Band
  • “Celebration”, by Kool & The Gang
  • “Flash”, by Queen
  • “Superman”, by R.E.M.
  • “She’s Not There”, by The Zombies
  • “Read a Book”, by Pylon
  • “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’”, by The Righteous Brothers
  • “Let’s Go Digital”, from Phineas and Ferb
**This Week's Theme: Penguin!** =

This week, we’re highlighting the 80th anniversary one of the greatest villains ever - The Penguin! Over the decades, Oswald Cobblepot has been in many classic comics and depicted by several different fantastic actors. What are the songs that would make up his favorite playlist? Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a song that I am absolutely certain Penguin would relate to (and I would be shocked if Frank Sinatra hasn’t been depicted performing at the Iceberg Lounge at least once):

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

7 Likes

“Mr. Five By Five”, by Ella Mae Morse & Freddie Slack

“Umbrella” (Rihanna cover), by Scott Bradlee

7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Oh, right. Yeah.

The closing sinister waugh waugh is one of the top three outros in music history.

And of course …

Bonus … it’s no Squirrels In My Pants, but …

6 Likes

The Chilly Willy Penguin theme song.

7 Likes

:hugs:Thankyou so much @Green.Lantern & @Razzzcat, I’ll be back soon with a songs pick!!! You guys are the best! :penguin:

4 Likes

Sounds great, I’m looking forward to it!

3 Likes

We all know penguins don’t fly, but The Penguin did (see the 1966 Batman movie and many classic Penguin comic book stories). Here’s a song that would probably be going through his noggin as he’s using one of these specially equipped umbrellas:

Flying (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

5 Likes

Ok I’m back, here’s my two pick to celebrate 80th Birthday to my all time favorite villian…

With Minnie Drivers singing this from The Phantom Of The Opera movie, I think it’s a perfect song for him as well.:penguin:

What can I say, I Love Batman The Animated Series! And here’s The Penguin’s theme. :penguin:

Happy 80th Anniversary Penguin! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball::penguin:

5 Likes

And…

5 Likes
6 Likes

it’s late, but I did have an entry

5 Likes