🎶 Mixtape Monday: The Flash - Songs for a Speedster! 🎶

Greetings, Fellow Royals of DC Universe!

Yes, you, too, are DC royalty, as only royalty could create so high caliber a playlist (those songs were was so good, I searched desperately for a chef kiss emoji, and had to make do! :kissing::ok_hand:)! Big softie that he is, after listening through everything, King gave his approval without hesitation, sending his appreciation for your kindness. Needless to say, we send the same! :heart_eyes:

Check out the list by clicking here!

This Week’s Theme:
The Flash - Songs for a Speedster!
:flash_hv_1:

If you thought last week went by in a flash, just wait until we hit the ground running with this Mixtape Monday’s theme! :wink: This week is devoted to all versions of The Flash, so feel free to choose your favorite and flex those creative muscles as you find a song suitable for so swift a character! He’ll be gone before you know it, so make sure you make your choices something he’ll find reason to stick around for! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which actor has been your favorite rendition of The Flash? Know of a particular story line involving him that left an impression on you? What about a particular relationship he has with another character (familial, platonic, or otherwise) that you love?

Give us all the goods by sharing your songs of choice in the comments below! :slight_smile:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

10 Likes

I have a hard time choosing a favorite version of this character, liking the version portrayed by Grant Gustin (big fan of the earlier seasons there, so I love that show’s memorable theme music), but also being quite fond of Kyle Gallner’s version from Smallville, too, so I’m going with this one for both - to my ears, it’s a really really nice mix of delicacy + weighty. Makes me both pensive… and rather sad it’s not a longer song than it is.

“He’s A Hero,” by Blake Neely

And speaking of The Flash + Smallville, sharing this in case you’ve not seen this delight :smiley: I looove it muchlies: “The Flash Intro (Smallville-Style)”

11 Likes

I think this one fits well​:joy:

11 Likes

I am a big fan of Punk music. There are a lot of fast songs in the genre but this is one of the fastest I know and one of my favorites… Lyric - “I’m not afraid to face my fear.” I’m pretty sure there is a rule this has to be listened to at full volume.

7 Likes

All time Classic, The Ballad of Barry Allen

(although I’d rename it Ballad of the Scarlet Speedster but that’s just me!)

11 Likes

My choice, if you’re gonna give it to me, is just THE FASTEST MUSIC I CAN POSSIBLY FIND. So here we are.

And if I didn’t include this, I would be doing you a disservice:

8 Likes

Was just about to put that one lol, here’s another

10 Likes

I really like the Flashpoint Paradox, so here’s some time travel stuff for that storyline.

“Back In Time”, by Huey Lewis & The News

“Suite for Time and Machines”, by Petri Alanko (from Quantum Break)

Hope you’ve been doing well @MissInkBlot!

9 Likes

I was given a gift subscription to The Flash comic when I was younger. Wally West wore the scarlet and yellow at the time so he’s a sentimental favorite. This song from the movie, “Run Lola Run,” makes me think of Wally’s battle with the Reverse-Flash in “The Return of Barry Allen” and Wally’s worldwide speed duel with Savitar in “Dead Heat.”

7 Likes

I have to try

The Test Track theme

6 Likes

I feel like this is evocative of some Wally West angst and his journey through Rebirth/Heroes in Crisis/Flash Forward. Running, fading, moving forward, holding out for Linda:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Well hello there MissInkBlot and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, tunes for The Flash! Looks like some of the tunes I also would have included are listed. Nice! :flash_hv_1:

Here are a few others that I would also include for the scarlet speedster. :smiley:

I’ll start with this one. As the video goes back in time to the start it did remind me when Barry did go back in time to create his Flash-Point. Also, it reminded me of Wally at the start of Rebirth in trying to go back to the start so that Linda, or anyone would remember him. Thank you Barry for remembering :grin:! :fearful: :flushed:

Next, this tune reminded me of Season 3 of The Flash and Barry’s task to take on Savitar, or how he called himself the god of speed. :grimacing:

These lyrics really resonated with me because it was revealed that Savitar was actually a time remnant of Barry when it’s sung… They lied when they said that the good die young.

And, finally, this tune came to mind when it was revealed in the Crisis on Infinite Earth’s crossover that Barry was the paragon of love. :flash_hv_1:

8 Likes

Not the kind of running Flash normally does, but this song still slaps regardless

6 Likes

I am very, very shocked nobody mentioned this yet.

9 Likes

Hello @MissInkBlot, I hope you’re doing well and continue to get better. Admittedly, I know nothing about The Flash’s backstory so I’m just going with a descriptive and fast tempo play list.

“Jesus Built My Hotrod”, by Ministry
Fast tempo’d song to start and set the pace. Hot rods are supposed to be fast and they look cool so they have that in common, right?

“Red”, by Sammy Hagar
Describes his suit and maybe they share the same love of the color.

“Fuel”, by Corrosion of Conformity
Another tempo song besides, Flash’s metabolism must be thru the roof. The dude’s gotta eat. His body needs fuel.

“Painkiller”, by Judas Priest
“Chromatic Death”, by Anthrax
“Play With Me”, by Extreme
All three are tempo songs just setting and maintaining the pace. Finally,

“Just a Song Before I Go”, by Crosby, Stills & Nash
The lyric “…Traveling Twice The Speed of Sound, It’s Easy to Get Burned“, makes me think of Flash.

Anyway, that’s my list this week. I hope I’m close to the mark and not off the board. Take care everyone. Have a great week.

5 Likes

The Flash was the #1 thing that came to my mind when I first heard this years ago:

It has a guy that looks like Smallville’s Green Arrow (Justin Hartley) and people on the run too! Fits to the letter.

6 Likes

All the better that you have included it GL! :superman_hv_4:

I also thought about this tune just now that perhaps The Flash would dedicate to his better half… :grin:

Maybe we should ask @Barrys.Better.Half to make sure that was the case otherwise Barry has some more explaining to do because he was also caught taking sandwiches in the AcroVerse! :smile:

3 Likes

Matthew Mitchell: Break My Stride.

Chicago: 25 or 6 to 4. : For when he’s being manipulated by this guy in COIE.

AC/DC: Thunderstruck: for when him & Wally acquire their powers.

Pink Floyd: Run Like Hell: From these guys.

8 Likes