🎶 Mixtape Monday: The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries 🎶

It’s Mixtape Monday time again! First, let’s take a look at the fantastic playlist we put together last week, one that is definitely worthy of Batwoman:

Batwoman Playlist
  • “Untouchable”, by Garbage
  • “She is the Night”, by Digital Sadness
  • “(Hot Pool Of) Wommanneed”, by The Cramps
  • “Hava Nagila”, by Dick Dave
  • “Annabel Lee”, by Tiger Army
  • “Show Me a Leader”, by Alter Bridge
  • “No More Sorrow”, by Linkin Park
  • “Confident”, by Demi Lovato
  • “Warrior”, by Demi Lovato
  • “Peace”, by Depeche Mode
  • “Fight”, by Icon for Hire
  • “Fearless, She”, by Comrades
  • “Daniel”, by Bat for Lashes
  • “She’s a Mystery to Me”, by Roy Orbison
  • "
:batman_hv_2:This Week's Theme: The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries! :0_scooby_doo: =
This week, we're celebrating the debut of an especially fun and exciting comic here on DCUI. We want to kick off the launch of The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries by putting together the perfect soundtrack to accompany the adventures of the Caped Crusader and the Mystery, Inc. gang!

I’ll start the fun off with the obvious:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait to read the comic, and can’t wait to see what everybody song choices will be!:grinning:

6 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Aaaand, maybe some actual songs with music in… :smiley:

8 Likes

And yes, as a a kid, I thought that was The Beatles singing

10 Likes

You know, there are certain things you just HAVE to have. Wonder Woman has to have her lasso, Batman has to have his utility belt, and when you have a mixtape of horror-related tunes, you absolutely MUST have something by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins:

Whistling Past The Graveyard - Screamin’ Jay Hawkins - YouTube

9 Likes

Hello there again G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Definitely looking forward to reading The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries. :smiley:

Here is what I think of when I think Batman and the Scooby gang. :thinking:

First up, when the “monster” real-estate person in a mask has them on the run they have to tiptoe quietly away before the big chase montage. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Next, would be this tune they can jam to as they run away. :running_man: :running_woman: :dog2:

And some fun tunes from Scooby and Batman bits. :joy: :batparrot: :0_scooby_doo_1:

8 Likes

I really didn’t know what to expect with this playlist, but anything that has CCR and Everything is Awesome is great in my book.
I also will remember this thread forever for having the funniest/least necessary spoiler blur of all time. :smiley:

6 Likes

So this was already attached to Scooby-Doo… but I feel Batman can relate as well!

“Freaks Come Out at Night”, by Uncle Kracker (feat. Busta Rhymes)

6 Likes

HEX GIRLS! All of The Hex Girls' Songs (Scooby-Doo Music) - YouTube
especially im a hex girl, those meddlin kids, earth wind fire and air

7 Likes
7 Likes