Welcome back to another thrilling and melodic installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a super playlist for the new Superman himself, Jon Kent:
Jon Kent Playlist
- “Time in a Bottle”, by Jim Croce
- “Message in a Bottle”, by The Police
- “Blow Us All Away”, by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
- “I’m Just a Sidekick”, by Starkid Productions
- “The World’s Greatest”, by R. Kelly
- “20th Century Boy”, by T. Rex
- “Johnny B. Goode”, by Chuck Berry
- “Save Me”, by Remy Zero
- “Lonely Boy”, by Andrew Gold
- “Steppin’ Out”, by Joe Jackson
- “Carry On Wayward Son”, by Kansas
- "Cat’s in the Cradle, by Harry Chapin
- “Growin’ Up”, by Bruce Springsteen
- “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”, by The Animals
- "Superman (Clean Version), by Eminem
- “You Don’t Mess Around With Jim”, by Jim Croce
- “Beautiful Day”, by U2
- “Another First Kiss”, by They Might Be Giants
- “Take Me”, by Hawk Nelson
- “Reinventing Your Exit”, by Underoath
February 14 is next week, which is a very special day-Strange Love Adventures #1 is releasing (also, it’s Valentine’s Day). We’re going to commemorate the occasion the way we always do-with songs! What are your selections for the ultimate love song playlist? Share your picks with us, below!
I’ll start things off with two of my favorite romantic songs:
Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!
Curious what Mixtape Monday is?
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!
For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!
While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!