🎶 Mixtape Monday: Stargirl Season Two! 🎶

Welcome back music lovers to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a playlist to accompany the exciting new comic, Batman '89:

Batman '89 Playlist
  • “Batdance”, by Prince
  • “Like a Prayer”, by Madonna
  • “Undercover of the Night”, by The Rolling Stones
  • “Without Me”, by Halsey
  • “If I Could Turn Back Time”, by Cher
  • “The Batman Theme”, by Danny Elfman
  • “Kiss From a Rose”, by Seal
  • “Ain’t That Lonely Yet”, by Dwight Yoakam
  • “Waltz to the Death”, by Danny Elfman
  • “1985”, by Bowling for Soup
  • “Hangin’ Tough”, by New Kids on the Block
  • “I Won’t Back Down”, by Tom Petty
  • “Dance With the Devil”, by Prince

This Week’s Theme: Stargirl Season Two!

Adding to the excitement last week was the premiere of the second season of Stargirl! If you’re like me, you’ve been counting down to this moment since the last episode ended. So let’s put together the perfect playlist to kick off the show’s sophomore season. Share your selections below!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

7 Likes

The two obvious ones…

And some bonus tunes…

And the eternal classic, Green Lantern - Blue Harvest

7 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Songs for Stargirl season 2… :thinking:

These came to mind from what I saw in the season premier… :00_stargirl:

First up… This song since Courtney was searching quite a bit… :female_detective:

Maybe too much for now as Pat would say. :sweat_smile:

And next… This tune because of that diamond Cindy is carrying around… :eyes: :fearful:

7 Likes
8 Likes

Tough theme this week, for me at least. Everyone else seems on point! I need to eventually start watching this show… here’s what I got this week:
“Stardust”, by Nat King Cole

“Diamond Eyes”, by Deftones

7 Likes

Imagine this song playing as Stargirl is flying through the air without a care in the world:

(1) Shining Star - YouTube

Gotta love The Manhattans!

8 Likes
8 Likes

Hi all, this first song is for Pat. Had a plan to take the family away for some R&R before things get out of hand again but nope. That gets scrapped quick. It’s just a song I think he’d like.

Next,

with Cindy trying to recruit Mike I think this may play out before the finale this season. If not, it doesn’t mean it isn’t true. Evil is all around you just waiting for it’s chance. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

This is a good variety, as always! It’s definitely got me even more excited for this season, which is saying a lot. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern,
What you think of the new Green Lantern on Stargirl? :grinning:
Anyway here’s my two pick. The first is for Shade and Eclipso, the second video is for Courtney who’s ready for action with her friends. :slightly_smiling_face:

:stargirl:

7 Likes
7 Likes

I’ve only had a chance to watch the first episode so far, but I was really excited to see her! Any character with a glowing ring I’m pretty much guaranteed to like. :slight_smile:
And for my song choice this week, this might be a bit obvious, but I think it fits:

8 Likes

Greetings, MTM-peeps! :inkys_mixtape_mob: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :dancer:t2: Great picks, as always. Admittedly, I’m not fully caught up on the show, but here’s what came to mind w/ what I remember! :purple_heart: Plz enjoy and have a great week.

Are Friends Electric? (Great cover :+1:)- The Dead Weather

The Guns of Brixton- The Clash

6 Likes

Yeah it is!
See also Moloko, Rosetta Stone, Republica, and my personal favorite, Information Society. #godblessGaryNuman

4 Likes

@keath :raised_hands: This making me want to listen to Joy Division for some reason, lol. No idea why.

Glad you liked the cover, btw! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Every thread eventually leads to Joy Division.

4 Likes

@keath omg, It does, doesn’t it? :smile: I do love me some New Order, too. Ceremony is a perfect cross between both bands, imo.

But we’re talking JD, so now I have to drop this!

5 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern & @Razzzcat I know I’m way too late and past my 2 limits, after watching the Last episode with Thunderbolt, I was thinking that this song from Buddy Holly is perfect for him with Mike.:grinning:

5 Likes