🎶 Mixtape Monday: Starfire 🎶

Welcome to the first Mixtape Monday of the summer! Last week, we put together a killer playlist for two of the toughest characters in the DC Universe, Crush and Lobo:

Crush & Lobo Playlist
  • “#1 Crush”, by Garbage
  • “C’mon Let’s Go”, by Girlschool
  • “Teutonic Terror”, by Accept
  • “Fight Music”, from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  • “Killer Track”, by StarKid Productions
  • “Bad to the Bone”, by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
  • “It Takes Two”, by Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock
  • “crushcrushcrush”, by Paramore
  • “Deathsurf”, by orphantwin
  • “Hungry Like the Wolf”, by Duran Duran
  • “Thunder Kiss ’65”, by White Zombie
  • “The Bounty Hunter”, by Apollo Rising
  • “Wild Child”, by Shopping
  • “Madhouse” , by Anthrax
  • “Rebel Kill”, by Bikini Kill
  • “Zero”, by The Smashing Pumpkins
  • “Orange Crush”, by R.E.M.
  • “Crush ’em”, by Megadeth
  • “Trouble”, by Elvis Presley
  • “Jailbreak”, by Thin Lizzy
  • “Everglade”, by L7
  • “30 Century Man”, by Scott Walker

This Week’s Theme: Starfire

This week’s playlist is for one of the brightest stars of the DC Universe, Starfire! What songs do you think would fill the playlist of the Tamaranean princess and Teen Titan? Share your picks with us, below!

I think this song fits well with her powers and her demeanor, at least from what I’ve seen of her on Teen Titans Go:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

12 Likes

My picks all seem pretty self-explanatory to me:

Planet Claire - The B-52’s

Girl U Want - DEVO

Activity Grrrl - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

13 Likes
12 Likes

“Punk Rock Princess”, by Something Corporate

“Starfire”, by Dragonforce

11 Likes
11 Likes

Oh, good, nobody beat me to posting Amyl…

… and … hows about a little righteous fury?

11 Likes

Can’t say I’m the biggest Starfire fan or anything but 80s pop seems like it would be right up her alley.

12 Likes

they also have a song called Blackfire

which i think is a little better

not that either song is about the daughters of Tamaran

10 Likes

Starfire should like Starlight

12 Likes

Two former WWe “Divas” whose entrance themes, to me, sum up the girl who is Starfire…

11 Likes
10 Likes

Turn around “Bright Eyes”.

Some prodigy & out lol….

12 Likes

Thought this would be a good choice for her journey.

10 Likes

10 Likes

I’m already enjoying the variety in this playlist so far! Starfire’s a unique and fun character, so it makes sense a playlist for her would be too. :star2:

9 Likes

One of my favorite tracks from Titan A.E. (the second-best Matt Damon movie of all time, after Saving Private Ryan), which happens to fit Star quite well:

8 Likes

Definitely need to add some pop to this play-list. :smile:

8 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes