🎶 Mixtape Monday: Shazam: Fury of the Gods 🎶

Hello again, music lovers, and welcome back to Mixtape Monday! Last week, we kicked off Women’s History Month with a fantastic playlist:

Women's History Month Playlist
  • “Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves”, by Eurythmics
  • “Girl Almighty”, by One Direction
  • “The Schuyler Sisters”, from Hamilton
  • “Salute”, by Little Mix
  • “You Don’t Own Me”, by Lesley Gore
  • “Dynamite”, by Mud
  • “Batgirl (1967) - Theme Song”, by Geek Music
  • “Pieces”, by Icon for Hire
  • “Trip the Darkness”, by Lacuna Coil
  • “Wonder Woman”, by Charles Fox
  • “This One’s for the Girls”, by Martina McBride
  • “National Working Woman’s Holiday”, by Sammy Kershaw
  • “Monster”, from Frozen: The Broadway Musical
  • “Witchy Woman”, by The Eagles
  • “Superlungs My Supergirl”, by Donovan
  • “American Woman”, by The Guess Who
  • “Fighter”, by Christina Aguilera
  • “Girls Just Want To Have Fun”, by Cyndi Lauper
  • “Wind Beneath My Wings”, by Bette Midler
  • “Hard Times”, by Paramore
  • “I Am Woman”, by Helen Reddy
  • “Respect”, by Aretha Franklin
  • “Do You Believe in Magic”, by The Lovin’ Spoonful
  • “Rebel Girl”, by Bikini Kill
  • “Somebody Else”, by Erica Durance
  • “Many Happy Returns”, by ABC
  • “Get in the Car”, by Black Canary
  • “Lost Art”, by Black Canary
  • “Woman Woman”, by AWOLNATION
  • “Woman”, by Harry Styles
  • “Keep on Livin’”, by Le Tigre

This Week’s Theme: Shazam: Fury of the Gods

Shazam: Fury of the Gods is finally out this Friday, so we’re counting down the days by putting together the perfect playlist for it! What songs do you think belong on the ultimate playlist for the Marvel Family film? Share your selections with us, below!

I’ll start things off with the first song that comes to my mind every time I see Captain Marvel:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes

“Orange Colored Sky”, by Nat King Cole

“Let The Waves Smash And The Lightning Crash”, by The Wolf And The Epitaph

11 Likes

Okay, “The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill” by The Beatles, because it mentions Captain Marvel (I don’t care what anyone says–he’ll always be the Captain to me).

And next up, for obvious reasons, “Shazam!” by Duane Eddy

11 Likes

This might be a bit on the nose, but all the same, its worthy of a highlight:

Title aside, this has nothing to do with Shazam himself, but its a fun piece:

11 Likes

“On the nose” can often just mean “it’s a great fit”! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Speaking of…

Benjamin Wallfisch’s Shazam theme is every bit on par with Williams’ Superman, Elfman’s Batman and Zimmer’s Wonder Woman themes.

He didn’t score Fury, but he is scoring The Flash, so hopefully he’s got more movie music magic on the way.

10 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

When I was first reading DCeased: Unkillables, I involuntarily heard this song when Mary was introduced, and it’s been my Shazam-Fam theme song ever since:

Also… ■■■■, how did I miss Women’s History Month? Oh, right. Jamaica. I swear I’m not just finding reasons to mention I was in Jamaica, but I was and I missed International Women’s Day… Although to be fair, it was for my mom’s birthday, so at least we spent that time pampering a woman.

11 Likes

who was Captain Marvel hanging out with forty years ago?

11 Likes
10 Likes

I’m a tad confused. Is it okay to call him Captain Marvel anymore? I think he’s still occasionally referred to that in the comics. He was also in a 1941 serial Adventures of Captain Marvel starring Tom Tyler. And doesn’t Zachary Levi bear a resemblence to Tyler?

8 Likes

@patterson65.37405 is of course correct- here’s Billy B.'s 1940s serial:

:00_shazam: :00_shazam: :00_shazam:

10 Likes
9 Likes

Some fun poppy music for a fun poppy hero.

Magic - The Cars

9 Likes

Had to post this 'cuz its just fun and funny. :smile: :purple_heart:

:00_teen_titans: :00_shazam: :00_teen_titans: :00_shazam: :00_teen_titans: :00_shazam:

10 Likes

Since we’re being so all on the nose … I’ll use this magical chestnut again.

Important historical side note: The Adventures of Captain Marvel was the first comic book adaptation to the big screen. (Because National Comics, now “DC”, declined to license Superman, so that script became Mysterious Doctor Satan and Fawcett licensed the honor.)

10 Likes

Oh, and here’s a fun second track, to make sure we’re talking about the movie and not just the character of Shazam…

9 Likes