🎶 Mixtape Monday: Sandman 🎶

14 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

So many great picks already. ( :heart: Louis & Ella, and :kite_man_hell_yeah: Dark City!) What’s left to add?

Start with the obvious two …

And some bonus tracks, including some tangential characters.

Why has nobody written a song about Brute and Glob yet?

At the risk of hitting the “too many links” threat, …Too Much to Dream…, even though it’s way more tangentially Sandman than most of these tracks, has too many great covers to not acknowledge: Paul Roland, Jayne County, Stiv Bators, The Damned (live), The Vibrators, Davie Allan, and The Surfajettes (also live), and so many more!)

@abelundercity.81180 is absolutely correct that no Sandman mix is complete without Tori, but it’s got to be Tear in Your Hand for me.

And, as we know, no list is complete without Skinny Puppy

Also, all threads lead to Joy Division

13 Likes

For what it’s worth, my rationale for picking “Winter” is that it’s a song that takes us through… a brief life.

(Listens to the crickets chirp.)

8 Likes

On the topic of punny title-based submissions, I am really surprised there are no nocturnes on the playlist yet. :smiley:

8 Likes

There is an album by that name by Siouxsie and the Banshees, but I have this:

The artwork too evokes Sandman, I think.

10 Likes

Well, if you insist. :grin:

Duke Ellington - Harlem Nocturne

12 Likes

We all have such great tastes!

11 Likes

That is very, very true! :notes: :cd:

8 Likes

An oldie and a newie.

11 Likes

I like these…nice job this week crew. U took a ton of my ideas b4 I got here, impressive. Typing crew reminded me of a song by Cutting Crew that’s relatable to this too…

11 Likes

@CaitlinSnowLeopard I love this rendition—something eerie about it. :purple_heart: GREAT choice!

Just thought of another track, btw, everybody. :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2:

12 Likes

I actually forgot about this one @Green.Lantern could I get this & Put a Candle in the Window for my two. Sorry, I usually just do 2. If not, no biggie!!!

10 Likes

Thought to add a couple more,

12 Likes

Sure thing, that’s no problem at all! I’m always happy adding CCR to any playlist. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

𝐘𝐨𝐮’𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭!!! 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝗴𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐂𝐑 𝐥𝐨𝐥…

5 Likes

[DISCLAIMER: I’m not on my own computer right now, so I can’t sign in to my Spotify account, therefore, no links. But here’s what I have.]

I’ve read the first seven volumes of The Sandman, and here’s my chosen song for each story arc:

Preludes and Nocturnes - “Mr. Sandman” - you know the one.
The Doll’s House - “My Heart Is a Haunted House” (Am I just doing word association here? Maybe)
“Calliope” - that "Breakin’ Out!’ song from Phineas and Ferb
“A Dream of a Thousand Cats” - “Everything’s Not Awesome”
“A Midsummer Night’s Dream” - “The Greatest Show”
“Façade” - Uhh… That Logic song… Where the title is a number… You know what I mean.
Season of Mists - “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”
Distant Mirrors - “The Room Where It Happens”
A Game of You - “A Whole New World”
Convergence - I’ll just go with “Dream a Little Dream of Me”
“The Song of Orpheus” - “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
Brief Lives - “First Flight” from Sofia the First

10 Likes

“In time you will see bad dreams no longer come true.”

11 Likes
9 Likes