🎶 Mixtape Monday: San Diego Comic Con Edition 🎶

Happy Mixtape Monday, all!

As this community is well-known for doing, yet another theme was met and surpassed with last week’s playlist! So much so, that even a man with tastes as discerning as The Riddler’s, was impressed, and compelled to sit a spell and listen the list through to its entirety! That’s incredibly high praise, my friends, but well-deserved, as well! :wink:

To bask in the fullness of your exquisite handiwork, find the full list of songs below!

“Centuries,” by Fall Out Boy
“Hello Zepp,” by Charlie Clouser (from SAW)
“The Riddler,” by Frank Gorshin
“Kiss From a Rose,” by Seal (from Batman Forever)
“The Riddler Theme” (from Batman: The Animated Series)
“Learning the Game,” by Buddy Holly
“Bad Days,” by The Flaming Lips (by Batman Forever)
“Riddle Me,” by UB40
“The Riddler,” by Method Man (from Batman Forever)
“Somebody To Love,” by Jim Carrey (from The Cable Guy)
“Somebody To Love,” by Jefferson Airplane (feat. David Crosby)
“The Riddle,” by Nik Kershaw
“Don’t Jump to Conclusions,” by Annette Funicello
“Grunty’s Furnace Fun,” by Grant Kirkhope (from Banjo-Kazooie)
“There’s No Business Like Show Business,” by Ethel Merman (from Annie Get Your Gun)
“Letter from a Thief,” by Chevelle
“The Meddler,” by Chevelle
“1812 Overture,” by Tchaikovsky (performed by the National Philharmonic Orchestra)
“Ask,” by The Smiths
“I Know There’s An Answer,” by The Beach Boys
“Anything You Can Do (I Can Do Better),” by Bing Crosby & The Andrew Sisters
“It’s Not Easy Being Green,” by Kermit The Frog
“Lost for Words,” by Pink Floyd
“Everyone a Puzzle Lover,” by 10,000 Maniacs
“The Riddle,” by Helloween
“Catch Me If You Can,” by Alice Cooper
“Memories,” by Sean Williams
“T’aint what you do,” by Fun Boy Three
“Same Old Song and Dance,” by Aerosmith
“One Thing Leads to Another,” by The Fixx
“Picasso visita El Planeta De Los Simios,” by Adam and the Ants
“Route 66,” by Depeche Mode
“Working in a Coal Mine,” by Devo
“Sunday Girl,” by Blondie
“Call Me (Spanish version),” by Blondie
“Figure Eight,” by Blossom Dearie (from Schoolhouse Rock)
“Lemon Fire Brigade,” by Haircut 100
“From Here to Eternity,” by Giorgio Moroder
“Dancing Madly Backwards,” by The Flirts
“The Elements,” by Tom Lehrer
“Girls on film,” by Duran Duran
“623,” by Classix Nouveaux
“Muscle Bustle”, by Donna Loren (feat. Dick Dale & His Del-Tones)
“Physical,” by Olivia Newton John
“Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck," by Prong
“Am I Evil,” by Metallica
"You Know I’m No Good,* by Marc Benevento
10x10," by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
“Sexy and I Know It,” by LMFAO
"Speaking in Tongues,
by Eagles of Death Metal
“Loser,” by Beck
“This is a Game,” by Nick Waterhouse

This Week’s Theme:
San Diego Comic Con Edition

San Diego Comic Con is almost here, and this year, with all of the changes that have taken place, we’re curious about what it is you’d like to see mentioned. Are there any announcements you’re hoping to see featured, characters you wish had more attention, or special guests you’re looking forward to hearing from most?

Let us know by sharing the song of your choice below - choices can symbolize the character, as said above, that you wish had more attention, represent your favorite DC Original show, or even act as a song you’d like to devote to your favorite artist, writer, or piece of work created by either. It’s mixer’s choice this week, so may your creativity be your guide!

What songs are on your playlist to hype you up for the 1st Virtual SDCC? :headphones:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

5 Likes

My wishlist features news on S03 of Titans :slight_smile: I love the overall feel of the show, and when trying to come up with a choice for the week, found this song pop into my head. I think it’s because when I watch the new season trailers from year to year, I get something of the same feel from them visually (not necessarily what’s shown, but the color tone of it), with a similar grittiness in sound:

Imagine Dragons, “Radioactive”

Sticking with Imagine Dragons (it’s another one of those weeks, lol), going with this one because the video gives the feeling of otherworldly grandeur and blinding intensity I had in mind for the show:

“Warriors,” by Imagine Dragons

7 Likes

With Cons in general, I’m reminded of the song “Going Home” by the nerdcore rock band Kirby Krackle. I actually got their first CD and had my first concert by them at that con.

7 Likes

Totally with you on being excited for Titans. For me, because of the first season’s gritty, horror influence, I thought of “If I Was Your Vampire” by Marylin Manson.

4 Likes

Off the bat, I immediately thought of this, just about SDCC or Cons in general:
“White & Nerdy”, by Weird Al Yankovic

I’ll think some more for some possible “specific” songs, and maybe post those later.

6 Likes

I hope we hear a little more about the upcoming Wonder Woman movie. I’m anticipating Kristen Wiig as Cheetah, and I think this song by Little Richard is appropriate for both of the leading ladies:

I also hope we get some idea if and when Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn will come back for season three. This song I think sums up the Doom Patrol quite nicely:

As for Harley Quinn, well…:

And can we please agree that this song sums up Rita Farr (April Bowlby) quite nicely?:

6 Likes

I’ve got two from Breaking Benjamin for the Harley Quinn show:

One for the first season:

And one for the second season:

8 Likes

Supergirl returning. No more deconstruction. No more lets see how dark this can get by killing her parent, then her foster parent then taking away her mind and agency and making her a monster.

Return of her pets, her friends and boyfriend from the future. Return of her spirit and hope. Return of her character.

8a02d4e1c9b0204daf31262e84a60fc4

tumblr_a3b7707ac85d769fe24fd47ad4e41e64_ee6b7479_500

Now to the music. First she spots a cute little orange ownerless cat with a lightning bolt mark when she is out walking
tumblr_2117aea8653f06c6f04b4193c5647e30_0204e7ee_500

Then finding her pet and friends she is on the top of the world again.

4 Likes

Oh also. I would like them to address the utter lack of diversity in the comics now. Two female led titles in October solicitations?

The music for that is me staring in silence at them for 5 minutes.

1 Like

Because I’d love to hear that Grant Morrison would be writing the Fantastic Four, or Neil Gaiman would be doing a monthly book, or Jonathan Hickman would be coming to DC, I have chosen You Cant Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones. Those wishes will never come true, sadly.

2 Likes

For the Cosplayers out there, “Who do you want to be”, by Oingo Boingo and “The Fanatic”, by Felony. It may be a virtual-con this year but I admire their dedication, artistic expression and just plain love of the characters they portray.

3 Likes

I am hoping there is a Harley Quinn season 3 announcement but I have a feeling that might be saved for DC Fandome. Either way, I can’t wait to see Harls and Ivy living they’re animated Loud Love.
Soundgarden - Loud Love

I am also hoping they announce the new writing team for Harley Quinn. I would be extremely happy to see Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti return. As they have shown how they figuratively kill every month on Harley Quinn.
Danzig - How the Gods Kill (Fun fact, I was about to input the music video but then there is nudity so I had to seek out a live version. I am really jealous and excited that someone was able to film this. When I saw Danzig we were not allowed to have a cellphone in our hand, even to look at the time. If we were caught we would be kicked out. I ripped off one of the warnings they had on the wall and it is now safe in my shoebox of ticket stubs.)

I would also like to hear something about Birds of Prey. An ongoing series would make me way too happy.
Nikka Costa - Like A Feather

The last thing that I would like to see at Comic-Con is more news about the new Superman show because I am literally Watin’ for Superman.
Flaming Lips - Waitin’ For Superman

I can’t wait for next week’s playlist! Will I be able to figure out a way to include Flaming Lips again for the hat trick?

6 Likes

San Diego Comic Con already upon us MissInkBlot? :astonished:

Definitely going to be interesting seeing what happens this year (it also will be able the first one for me to attend :flushed: :sweat_smile:).

Now let’s see what we have got in store… Ah yes, perhaps these might do. :thinking:

First up, I have a couple in thinking about what it would be like going to San Diego Comic Con. I imagine a lot of energy there so I thought of this tune. Looking forward to also hearing what they are going to do with Black Adam and the rest of the Shazamily moving forward.

My other choice in thinking about San Diego comic con brought up this tune. Especially when thinking of how difficult it is in getting a ticket to said con that might have you end up “standing in the rain” because you “couldn’t get a ticket.” :open_mouth:

Next up, like @D4RK5TARZ, I’m also curious as to what will happen with the new Superman and Lois show so I have this tune in mind while we wait. Also looking forward to when and where Henry Cavill’s Superman will pop up in future DCU movies. :clark_hv_5: :tipping_hand_woman:

Next, very curious as to what they are going to be doing with the movie in the works for The Flash as well as the show so I have to go with this tune. They also featured it in an episode this past season. :flash_hv_4:

To round out the list this week, it would be this tune that also has me wondering what the Young Justice heroes will be up to in their next season. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Do you know the way to San Jose? Dionne Warwick
ants marching Dave Matthews band
Pure Imagination Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack
the man with all the toys the Beach Boys
Scary Monsters and super creeps David Bowie
Don’t stand so close to me The Police
that smell Lynyrd Skynyrd
I wish I could fly like Superman the Kinks

5 Likes

I’ve never been to San Diego comic con before, so I hope some of my pick, does Justice for it.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

My choice is a little more…broad? But I think it’s quite fitting given the circumstances surrounding SDCC this year. Unfortunately, we are all at home for this year, and a lot of us are sharing memories of when we used to celebrate Comic-Con not just physically in San Diego, but with each other.

So without further ado, my contribution to the San Diego Comic Con edition of Mixtape Monday: “Dance With Somebody” off The Midnight’s latest album Monsters.

My hope is that everyone finds someone to celebrate Comic-Con with!

6 Likes

Hi @MissInkBlot!
So these have been picked from the things I’ve been listening to this week—nothing complicated. They work in my mind. :sunglasses: Ok. Have a great week! Take care. :heart:
Ps. I avoided it as long as I could, but I sent you that :notes: thing. :mailbox_with_mail:

Are Friends Electric?- The Dead Weather (Gary Numan cover)

Lonely Gun- Cyn. Can’t help it—great sndtrk. I’ll never get tired of this raid on the police station either! :tada:

A Real Hero- College…because the Drive sndtrk. :wink:

Soul to Squeeze- RHCP. Just remembered this one is on the Coneheads sndtrk…plus the side show theme in the video and this is but one (of many) true blue LA bands​:ok_hand: gotta do it! :palm_tree:

Pssst, @DC89! Hi! Got any songs you wanna add? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thx for the shoutout @Razzzcat! :+1: :grinning:

Since I’m in a nostalgic frame of mind as of late, I’m gonna’ press the power button on the way back machine and up some music video clips that are either in celebration of or directly from the 1980s/90s as I break down what I’m hoping to see at Virtual SDCC this year. Well alrighty then- let’s jump into it!

First up, I’m very much looking forward to an announcement/trailer for Titans season 3 during VirSDCC, so let’s crank up some sweet BER tunes and hope for good things on this. :metal: :metal: :metal:

Really hoping that we’ll learn more details about helmer Matt Reeves’ upcoming noir whodunnit themed film The Batman. Also, since I’m hoping we’ll all get a chance to see current Catwoman portrayer Zoe Kravitz in her nifty new costume, let’s take it back to 1992 and the awesome era of Michelle Pfeiffer as Gotham’s most notorious second story siren with Siouxsie and the Banshees’ Batman Returns soundtrack single Face to Face. :catwoman_hv_2: :catwoman_hv_2: :catwoman_hv_2:

Since the unexpected news of Ruby Rose’s departure from the always awesome CWverse series Batwoman is still kinda’ resonating with me I’m sending out to Rose this forever classic song released in 1983 by fellow aussie Olivia Newton-John entitled Twist Of Fate as I’m hoping for good things for her in the future career and life-wise. Thx again so much for your fantastic portrayal of Kate, Ruby- you rock!

And finally, I’m pretty sure that a lot of my awesome fellow DCU community peeps know that I AM the number one Batgirl stan and I know this is a longshot, but I’m really hoping that we get some sort of snippet of info regarding the upcoming Batgirl movie, or maybe some details on who’s portraying onscreen Barb during season 3 of Titans. Now, since I’m trying to keep it classic with my music posts here I’m upping this clip from 1980s uber alt rock band The Smiths 'cause for some reason I just see 80s era BG as a huge fan of the group. I’m also pretty sure that the mixtape in her Walkman would have a ton of Morrissey and R.E.M. on it as well. :grinning:

Luv this thread subject @MissInkBlot- so very cool and so are you! M’kay Byeeee. :grinning: :+1: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome @DC89. :sunglasses: Nice picks, btw! :dancer:t2:

2 Likes

Thx @Razzzcat. :grinning:

2 Likes