🎶 Mixtape Monday: Sadie Hawkins Day 🎶

Hello again, music lovers, and thanks for joining another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week we put together a great playlist for one of the DC Universe’s greatest fighters, Damian Wayne:

Damian Wayne Playlist
  • “Cat’s in the Cradle”, by Harry Chapin
  • “Kung Fu Fighting”, by Carl Douglas
  • “Machinehead”, by Bush
  • “Believer”, by Imagine Dragons
  • “Samson and Delilah”, by The Grateful Dead
  • “Go Beyond”, by Animadrop & xChenda
  • “Who We Want to Be”, by Tom Day
  • “I Will Not Bow”, by Breaking Benjamin
  • “Face to the Floor”, by Chevelle
  • “Blow Us All Away”, from Hamilton
  • “Rockin’ Robin”, by Bobby Day
  • “Reptile’s Theme”, from Mortal Kombat
  • “Little Bastard”, by Ass Ponys
  • “You Can’t Kill Me”, by Mojo Nixon
  • “Smashed into Pieces”, by Silverstein
  • “Ohio is for Lovers”, by Hawthorne Heights
  • “Can’t Tell Me Nothing”, by Kanye West
**This Week's Theme: Sadie Hawkins Day!** =

November 13 in the United States is Sadie Hawkins Day. This tradition actually has its origins in a comic strip, and is most often associated with dances where women invite the men.

We want to know which DC character you would ask to a dance, and which songs you’d pick to dance to. Share your choices with us, below!

I’m a huge fan of Jessica Cruz, and I’m sure she’d have lots of interesting stories to tell, so I’ll pick one of my favorite Frank Sinatra classics to dance to:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

11 Likes

Since I’m on the asking end, I’d hope for Wonder Woman or Star Sapphire, but they both already have significant others… so I don’t know what’d happen. :laughing:

“Sadie Hawkins Dance”, by Relient K

“Slow Dance”, by Framing Hanley

11 Likes

Well since my crush doesn’t like me back that way, I’ll just put this here…

As for this, Jimmy Olsen

9 Likes

Catwoman

She can dance for me though :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Right on, I’ve liked Tito since Desperado.

5 Likes

For me, it would have to be Rita Farr. After so many times of her body melting, do you think I could melt her heart with these songs?

9 Likes

As a follow up, how many people here think Giganta would OWN this holiday? Admittedly, if she went to a Sadie Hawkins Dance, it would likely result in serious injuries!

5 Likes

This weeks theme made me think of this,

7 Likes

As for the dance, I’d have to ask my friends Harley and Ivy because they got the moves,

Not looking too happy, let’s fix that.

I hope that helps. :grin:

8 Likes

Harley and Ivy rockin’ those threads!

5 Likes

Black Canary as my dance partner

And for my musical selection:

Troglodytes - The Jimmy Castor Bunch

9 Likes

Right on @TravisMorgan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me… :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s a classic @ejdias.95910. Gotta find a woman, gotta find a woman!

6 Likes

5 Likes

If it’s a Sadie Hawkins dance, I’d probably wait and see if Donna Troy asks me…

But… not gonna happen…

So I would just go to the dance anyway, and wait for my shot to ask her to dance. I would ask the DJ to play “Stroke it Noel” by the greatest American Pop/Rock band, Big Star, when I give them the signal.

But, I’d be super nervous and my palms would sweat and I’d probably ask her something dumb like “What’s it like to be dead?” Or, “What’s your real origin story?” And it’s not a long song so it would be over too soon and she would go back to her real date (probably Roy Harper or, god forbid, Terry Long) and I would just go home alone and watch Narcos: Mexico Season 3 until I fall asleep which is what I’m going to do now…

8 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Fascinating. :nerd_face:

If that is the case… Then I’m sure Lois would pick this song and say, “Move it Smallville!” :woman: :rofl:

Although… This would be the one I’d pick to dance to with Lois. :superman_hv_3:

8 Likes

And one more but actually for my past relationships

5 Likes

This is shaping up to be a fun variety of songs. :slight_smile:
@ejdias.95910 I do feel like both Harley and Ivy would be big Garbage fans.
@TheCosmicMoth Given that a nonpowered (as far as we know!) person dating a superhero sounds like the perfect target for a supervillain, going home to watch Narcos sounds like a much better ending to that date than many of the other possibilities. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Green.Lantern Whoa! Who said that I’m nonpowered??? I’m Moth.

5 Likes

I’m glad I added the “as far as we know” bit, just to be safe. :smiley:

4 Likes