đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: RWBY/Justice League đŸŽ¶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a playlist full of monsters and mysteries:

The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries Playlist
  • Theme from “Scooby-Doo, Where Are You”
  • “Everything Is AWESOME!!!”, by Tegan and Sara featuring the Lonely Island
  • “The Ghost of Smoky Joe”, by Cab Calloway
  • “Monsters I’ve Met”, by Shel Silverstein
  • “Zombie Jamboree (Back to Back)”, by Harry Belafonte
  • “Seven Days a Week”, by George A. Robertson
  • “Whistling Past the Graveyard”, by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
  • “Tiptoe”, by Imagine Dragons
  • “Bad Moon Rising”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “Freaks Come Out at Night”, by Uncle Kracker featuring Busta Rhymes
  • “Hex Girl”, by The Hex Girls
  • “Those Meddlin’ Kids” by The Hex Girls
  • “Spooky”, by The Puppini Sisters
  • “Superstition”, by Stevie Wonder

This Week’s Theme: RWBY/Justice League!

This week sees the arrival of RWBY/Justice League here on DCUI! This exciting digital first series brings together Team RWBY and the Justice League, and we want to celebrate it in traditional Mixtape Monday fashion, by creating the perfect playlist to accompany it!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

6 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

RWBY/Justice League
 :thinking:

I didn’t know too much about RWBY so I researched about it
 Guess I will also check out the new comic additions as well at some point. :sweat_smile:

So here is what I thought of for this week. :musical_note:

First up, this tune since everyone trains to be a warrior and fights monsters. :muscle: :smiley:

And
 This one for when I’m reading a Justice League comic this theme always comes to mind as well as reading with the Justice League character voices. :joy: :00_justice_league:

7 Likes

You can’t go wrong with theme songs. :slight_smile: I still often have various Batman and Superman themes pop into my head at random times when reading comics.

5 Likes

I mean 
 is it too obvious to go with Rancid? Howsabout Kelly’s cover?

6 Likes

Tough week
 but for some reason this came to mind:

“God Shattering Star” from Fire Emblem Three Houses

5 Likes

Here’s an oldie but a goodie by the Standells that I think could speak of the League:

(1) The Standells - Sometimes Good Guys Don’t Wear White - YouTube

6 Likes

I’ll have to read the issues before I can share. And can someone tell me what “RWBY” means?
I know
I’m Old. :rofl:

3 Likes

I just read the first issue (which I enjoyed, especially the cute dog that I think is a corgi), and it reminded me a lot of Japanese RPGs I’ve played. So here is my selection, from what is probably my favorite Japanese RPG of all time:

5 Likes

It’s both a stylized spelling of the main character’s first name, and an acronym for her and her teammates’ names: Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long. (There’s a second team that goes by “Juniper”/JNPR; Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren
)

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @keath.

4 Likes