🎶 Mixtape Monday: Ra's al Ghul 🎶

Welcome back, music lovers, to another installment of Mixtape Monday! Our last playlist was an out of this world one for one of the founding Justice Leaguers, the Martian Manhunter:

Martian Manhunter Playlist
  • “Starman”, by David Bowie
  • “The Martian Hop”, by The Ran-Dells
  • “Creep”, by Radiohead
  • “Who You Are”, by Jessie J
  • “I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire”, by The Ink Spots
  • “I Turned into a Martian”, by Misfits
  • “Wonderfilled”, by Owl City
  • “Far from Any Road”, by The Handsome Family
  • “Man From Mars”, by Artie Shaw
  • “Burn”, by Jo Dee Messina
  • “E.T.”, by Katy Perry
  • “Rapture”, by Blondie
  • “Rocket Man”, by Elton John
  • “Peace of Mind”, by Boston
  • “Mars Simula”, by Chevelle
  • “Flyin’ Saucers Rock & Roll”, by Robert Gordon
  • “Take Me To Your Leader”, by Mojo Nixon
  • “Life on Mars?”, by David Bowie
  • “My Favorite Martian Theme Song”, by George Greeley
  • “Man of a Thousand Faces”, by Regina Spektor
  • “Eye in the Sky”, by The Alan Parsons Project
  • “Bein’ Green”, by Kermit the Frog
  • “Loving the Alien”, by David Bowie
  • “Sound and Vision”, by David Bowie
  • “Nobody Knows”, by Eddie Condon
  • “Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space”, by Spiritualized
  • “Rocketeer”, by Far East Movement
  • “I’m a Martian”, by Marvin The Martian
  • “Veteran of Psychic Wars”, by Tarot
  • “Speed Of Light”, by Deliverance
  • “There’s a Moon in the Sky (Called the Moon)”, by The B-52’s
  • “Green River”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “The Planets Suite for Orchestra, op. 32: I. Mars, the Bringer of War”, by Gustav Holst
  • “The Maltese Falcon: Main Title”, by Adolph Deutsch
  • “Strong as I Am”, by The Prime Movers
  • “Shapeshifting”, by Joe Satriani

This Week’s Theme: Ra’s al Ghul

This week’s mixtape is for one of the greatest villains of the DC multiverse, Ra’s al Ghul! What songs do you think he’d listen to when he’s relaxing in the Lazarus Pits and plotting to kill most of humanity? Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a song that I feel like Ra’s al Ghul would’ve secretly been behind the creation of:

And if you’re in the mood for more Lazarus excitement, make sure to check out tomorrow’s Lazarus Madness edition of Trivia Tuesday, and Lazarus Planet: Alpha #1, which hits comic shops tomorrow!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes

this is the definitive Ra’s al Ghul song, change my mind.

14 Likes
14 Likes

Greeting Test Pilot, I am called Reagan, Fan of Ra’s Al Ghoul. Here’s my two pick for my master, Ra’s Al Ghoul. :grin:

15 Likes

Got a bonus on the opener. One of my favorite b title movies in the 80’s lol.

Ra’s is a good one!!! Tons of tunes out there.

In the words of John Travolta in Pulp Fiction “What a gyp”- it originally said , from the motion picture soundtrack of: The Legend of Bille Jean. On Benatar that is….

13 Likes
15 Likes

Mouse Rat!!! I’m excited u picked that lol.

10 Likes

I did not expect to see Mouse Rat on this playlist, I love it. :smile:

10 Likes

Right?

9 Likes

I had to look at it for a second before it clicked where I’d heard the band name from. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Same here haha :joy:. I was so happy as soon as I made the synapse.

9 Likes

Full disclosure: I’ve never seen an episode of Parks & Rec, nor heard of this band. I just searched for a pit song and this was short.

9 Likes

Doesn’t matter how u got there lol. The joy remains haha.

9 Likes

I’ll have to figure out a good topic that’ll encourage someone to post 5,000 Candles in the Wind. Which is definitely going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day now.

9 Likes

In trying to think of an appropriate song for the playlist, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of this one sooner. And you have to admit, even though it’s from a family oriented cartoon, the tune rocks:

13 Likes
13 Likes

“Breathe Into Me”, by Red

“Who Wants To Live Forever”, by Queen

14 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

I was hoping that would show up!:smiley:

11 Likes

Princes Of The Universe By Queen

13 Likes