🎶 Mixtape Monday: Ragman 🎶

Welcome to the first Mixtape Monday of October (or Halloween season, as it’s often called). Last week’s playlist was a criminally good one all about the Flash’s greatest foes, the Rogues:

The Rogues Playlist
  • “Money”, by Barrett Strong
  • “Start the Commotion”, by The Wiseguys
  • “Bad”, by Michael Jackson
  • “A Life of Crime”, by The Weirdos
  • “Armed Robbery”, by Thierry Caroubi
  • “Bad to the Bone”, by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
  • “Trouble”, by Elvis Presley
  • “Rogues Are We”, by StarKid Productions
  • “Rogues Are We (Reprise)”, by StarKid Productions
  • “I Fought the Law”, by The Clash
  • “Cold as Ice”, by Foreigner
  • “VILLAIN”, by K/DA
  • “Feeling Good”, by Michael BublĂ©
  • “Boomerang”, by Mae
  • “REDIVIDEЯ”, by Silent Planet
  • “The Pied Piper”, by Crispian St. Peters
  • “Hot Love”, by Cheap Trick
  • “Trouble”, by Pink
  • “Bad Company”, by Bad Company
  • “Seek and Destroy”, by Metallica
  • “Through Being Cool”, by Devo
  • “Rogues”, by Hippie Sabotage
  • “Heart of Glass”, by Blondie
  • “Man in the Mirror”, by Michael Jackson
  • “Burning Down the House”, by Talking Heads
  • “Ballroom Blitz”, by Kula Shaker and Sweet
  • “Sure Shot”, by Beastie Boys
  • “bad guy (clean version)”, by Billie Eilish
  • “We Real Cool”, by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • “Evil Things”, by The Black Angels
  • “Cold Hands”, by Black Lips
  • “Big Take Over”, by Bad Brains
  • “Rumble”, by Link Wray
  • “The Distance”, by Cake

This Week’s Theme: Ragman

Since it is now officially spooky season, this week’s playlist is going to be for one of DC’s creepier heroes, Ragman! What kind of music do you think Rory Regan would enjoy listening to, when he’s not speaking to the souls contained in the Suit of Souls? Share your picks with us, below!

The vibe and tone of this song definitely seems to fit someone who fights crime while wearing a suit full of corrupt souls that hungers to feed on more:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes

11 Likes
11 Likes

Another Next To Normal Enjoyer! Huzzah!

7 Likes

I’m going to be honest I had to google this, because I had no idea who this is. No relation to Ragdoll?

5 Likes

Still boggles my mind how everyone BUT Aaron Tveit received Tony nominations, when he’s clearly the best one.

7 Likes

Don’t get me started on that. Off-topic, I want to see him play Harvey Dent. Just put some makeup on him and let him go nuts

5 Likes

“Alexander’s Ragtime Band”, by Miff Mole

“The Thread”, by The Devil Wears Prada

11 Likes

As soon as I read this I immediately thought of randy ortons entrance music. Not very familiar with ragman so not sure exactly how the suit works as to if he can actually hear the souls or not.

9 Likes

Welcome back to the community!

8 Likes

So from my 5 minutes of research, I’ve gathered this man is:

1. Jewish
  2. Kind of weird and sad
  3. Cares deeply about justice
  4. Has a sorted relationship with his father

So here’s my favorite song about being weird and sad and feeling alienated by society sung by a Jewish guy from a band that’s all about fighting the system:

Lost In The Supermarket by The Clash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZw23sWlyG0

10 Likes

Welcome back to the Community, @EtrigantheDemon! It’s great to have you back, and that’s definitely a great fit for this playlist. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks it’s been a while since I’ve been active on here but I’m definitely gonna start making more time I forgot how much I enjoy it.

7 Likes

That’s great to hear! It’s definitely Halloween season if Etrigan himself is showing up. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ragman is one of my favorite characters! I really wish he would get more exposure (not to mention his own TV show).
Anyway, first up, for obvious reasons is “The Streetbeater” AKA “The Sanford and Son Theme” by Quincy Jones

And then "Body & Soul by The Sisters of Mercy

12 Likes

I haven’t heard this before, but I do love the title! I need to listen to The Clash more.

6 Likes
11 Likes

It’s one of my favorite clash songs!

7 Likes

Awww, yeah … my man Rory …
#happyNewYear
#allKlezmerAllTheTime

Since the Suit of Souls was created by the same Rabbi who created the Golem, we’ll start with The Golem, even though its way too mellow for Rory…

And then we’ll pick it up a bit. :wink:

And some bonus Dybbuk, because its Spooky Season…?

12 Likes

I am not too familiar with this character, but I hope this song is fine for the playlist:

12 Likes