🏳️‍🌈 🎶 Mixtape Monday - Pride! 🎶 🏳️‍🌈

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

This Week’s Theme: Pride Month

This week we are making a playlist to celebrate Pride Month. Pride Month was inspired by the Stonewall riots, a series of gay liberation riots that took place over several days beginning on June 28, 1969. The riots started after a police raid at the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City.

For this week, pick your favorite song that reminds you of Pride, or pick a LGBTQ character and the song you would add to their playlist!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! If our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

:rainbow_flag:

7 Likes
8 Likes

“We Are the Champions” by Queen

8 Likes
9 Likes

These would have to be the top two songs that come to my mind for Pride:

Garbage has been one of my favorite bands since high school, and I’ve yet to get tired of them, thankfully.

9 Likes

Very much same!

6 Likes

I love Garbage. “Only Happy When It Rains” is one of my all time, favorite songs.

7 Likes

Yesssssssss! Love her!!

7 Likes

GirslTalk-ShirleyBrodee

8 Likes
8 Likes

From the Amnesty International benefit concert The Secret Policeman’s Ball 6-30-79

Glad To Be Gay - Tom Robinson

8 Likes

Iconic queer song by the lovely Ms Ross

9 Likes

everyone say thank you chappell roan for existing

10 Likes

Yes yes yes yes and yes. Thank you

7 Likes

This is an example for why this is a great band name

5 Likes
4 Likes

Shirley Manson is a badass front woman. I saw them right when they broke big , opening for Smashing Pumpkins who’d just released Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness double disc. Circa 1996 Gund Arena Cleveland, Ohio . The last performance ever of the original band for Pumpkins.
Keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin od’d b4 their next scheduled stop.
Back to a happy note tho. You best believe Garbage gave 100%. It felt like the crowd was there for the pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:, but were kicked in the teeth, in the best way possible, when Shirley & her mates took, than destroyed the stage.
It was awesome to finish watching that, then going oh yeah…I forgot, I still get about 2hrs of Smashing Pumpkins to immerse myself in!!!…

5 Likes