đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Party Time (Scooby Doo-Style!) đŸŽ¶

This just popped into my head
sorryyy!

And so began my life long love of fringe.
Now imagine a tiny razzzcat & her twin sister watching a video of this and learning all the choreography. :dancer:t2: You’re welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes

I humbly submit

1 Like

This one, definitely

4 Likes

@ralphsix
 in O.H. Just reminded me to come here and tell you I had that Charlie Daniels song stuck in my head for the better part of a day. :grinning:

3 Likes

Lol. At least it’s not that bad of a song to have stuck.

I just couldn’t belieeeeeve it!

2 Likes

You folks prepare a list of songs for a Scooby-Doo mixtape and don’t include “Haunted House” by Jumpin’ Gene (not the KISS guy) Simmons? For shame!

1 Like

As kind of a follow up, I have an idea for the next mixtape we could do. Now that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are an “item,” how about some appropriate songs for a Harley and Ivy wedding dance (I know I’m jumping the gun, but hey, it could happen)?

1 Like

@LDFM - That’s such a great perspective to take, coming at it from the place of hanging out with friends, and the transition from adolescence to adulthood. In response, and since I’m still thinking of the Graduation special they had on last night, I think I’d also add “The Great Escape” by Boys Like Girls to accompany yours. It’s been a few years since I’ve last seen that SD movie, though, so I’d completely forgotten about MxPx’s version of the Scooby Doo theme, too! Such a heavy combination of fell good nostalgia right there and anticipation for the new movie, all rolled up into one set of songs right there. :slight_smile: Love your picks!

@ajm08g - Ahh, I don’t blame you for being excited - you know the good stuff, and are in good company in doing so, as proven by your accompanying our previous share by @LDFM of the newer version of the theme song with the older one. They sound so good together, and seeing the younger version of the team from the A Pup Named Scooby Doo theme song video takes the cake, too. They made for adorable kids, and I love how Shaggy’s the one who looks the closest to his older self than anyone else, lol!

“Bad Moon Rising” is a great song for the villains, and a fun mindset to try to get into - I can hear it already: “If those kids know what’s good for them, they’ll take their meddling somewhere else!” shakes fist. The scene you share is crazy, though! How have I never seen that? :laughing: And how wrong is he about Fred’s ascot?? That guy’s just angry it’s not possible to admire it while coughing on the dust he was left behind in, clearly (that van has some serious get up and go!), lol. :wink:

But, as for the songs, I think everyone in the group likes both songs to some degree, but when it comes to preference, I see Fred enjoying The Beach Boys, and singing along as he drives
 with his perfect hair and
 and can-do attitude
 :thinking: I can see Daphne siding with him, too, but totally see Shaggy and Scoob going with AC/DC, yes! Velma likes both, and air guitars with them when the other Fred and Daphne aren’t around. :stuck_out_tongue: What do you think?

@Izzy11 - Great taste shared! :slight_smile: and another thank you for making mention of them. I quite enjoyed all 30 minutes of that video. :heart_eyes:

@DeSade-acolyte - Oh, yes, Jimi’s where it’s at, I agree! :slight_smile: Talk about knowing how to make an instrument sing in a way that can’t be duplicated
 just listening to it gives the ability to feel how deeply connected he was to both instrument and what makes up the very essence of music, itself: notes, sounds, tempo, all of it. Such a good choice, there, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Razzzcat - Hello to you, and a surprised zoinks! to that list :hushed: Thanks for going through all of the characters for us! :slight_smile: You’ve done quite the job paying homage to all of them, and I can envision each one while listening to their songs with ease! I can also hear at least one of them giving an excited “that song’s mighty groovy!” before getting down all Soul Train-like. :dancing_women:

Okay, so, maybe that’s actually just all me, because those songs had me on dancing before even pressing play, but it wouldn’t take long for them and our DC Family to catch up. We’d dance with Daphne to “Spooky,” clap along with Fred as he sings Neil’s song, watch Velma blush and readjust her glasses as she shyly warms up to sing along to “Tell Mama,” (before knocking us off our feet with her performance), giggle at Scoob singing that song as he tries to find the snacks we hid, and shake a tambourine to “Nowhere to Run,” as we joke about how Shaggy’s allowed to run from the bad guys, but never, ever from the team. :stuck_out_tongue: And “Keep on Truckin’” is perfect for the road trips between cases!

I’m completely with you on LDR doing amazing covers, as well. She really does, and has a great ear and talent for adding emphasis in all the right ways for the songs covered. Time restrictions can’t be allowed to hold back so great a song, so “Season of the Witch” quite the welcome addition to the list! :wink:

To that last post, yikes, here I was thinking that “Proud Mary” would only be stuck in my head last week. NOPE. Say hello to Week 2 of that happily bouncing around, lol. You and your sister must’ve looked amazing, by the way! And rest assured, your DC Family would’ve been right there to give you the standing ovation deserved - we got it covered! :stuck_out_tongue: Also
 that kitty gif features a darling that looks just like both of my fluffy ones looked. :hushed: Now I want a kitty paw low-five, and a BBT Sheldon sing-along: Cues the “soft kitty, warm kitty” lol Did you want “Proud Mary” added to the list?

@Lincolnfan78 - Ooh, taking on things from a different point of view, I see! I like your starting out with the haunted mansion song, considering how much running away from g-g-g-g-g-g-ghosts, goes on with this group. :stuck_out_tongue: Makes me wish we weren’t so far away from October, because that instantly put me in a Halloween mood, lol. That version of the theme was one of my favs, too (I think it’s the brass portions that really make it all its own for me). It’s lovely, and a great match with your first choice! :slight_smile:

@steelneena - Aw, I’m so happy you like it! And equally happy about your song choices! :hushed: You and @Lincolnfan78 must’ve been on the same page with your train of thought for the week, because the spookies are plentiful, and I love it! What’s so cool about those is how they manage to create fear in so unorthodox a way. Especially when it comes to the chase scene theme, but regarding the other two, as well, they’re so upbeat that you don’t expect to have their subject matter be so creepy and frightening. It’s not just a fun juxtaposition, but also a wonderful set of songs you’ve shared! :smiley:

@Middleearthmary - That video’s title is quite appropriate
 because that was epic! He clearly had a blast making that, from choosing the songs to getting into character. I didn’t expect to hear “Bring Me to Life,” but now I can’t unsee it as a Halloween song. :stuck_out_tongue: Adding your choice as another check in the spooky column
 you all have my brain firmly in “Scooby Doo October, where are you??” territory, now! :eyes: Next time I’m at the grocery store, I’m going to end up looking for pumpkins, lol. :jack_o_lantern:

@ralphsix - Giving us a scary bedtime story to hide beneath the covers with, eh? Worry not, though! The gang’ll get to the bottom of that mystery in no time flat. :wink: Goodness, that song’s superb. I wish there are more like it in providing storytelling moments, since the story, ultimately, has to be pretty strong and intriguing to be able carry the song like it does. It’s like listening to the audiobook of a drabble/oneshot. Since this is my first time hearing it, I think it’s cool that I hear a mixture of “Born on the Bayou”, plus the storytelling of Tenacious D’s “Tribute.” :heart_eyes: Excellent choice!

@TravisMorgan - Hello! :slight_smile: That post @Razzzcat posted was wonderful - thank you for the giggles! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m like you though, some weeks, I don’t know the majority of songs shared, either. But they’re like good friends - once you meet them, you’re left wondering where they’ve been your life (and yes, that’s how I feel about all of you, songs aside! :heart:). :stuck_out_tongue: As for feeling old
 some new songs are older, and some more recent, so the fact that they occupy both ends of the time spectrum tend to make me feel like I’ve lived under a rock, instead. :laughing:

Speaking on your choices for the week, oh, how you spoil us! I got a kick out of how you used “I Can’t Get Next To You” in a completely different way than I did, and like your reasoning best of the two - fits right in to the show, and would make Shaggy quite happy, I imagine! The list does a lovely venture into all things scary with “Midnight Rambler,” and on a surface level, “The Zombies” due to their name, too, but certainly on a deeper level with their song for the overall feel of the time period (same there with “Thank You”). Absolutely love “My Way,” and the way you applied it. Well, that’s actually true of all of the songs shared, since I can’t choose a favorite. You knocked it out of the park and then some this week! :smiley:

@mrsteamer96 - I really need to find a scepter of some sort to wave so I can officially put these hopes we share on a, “See to it that these things are done!” list, because that, I could definitely get behind. :slight_smile:

@bogie710 - This has become the playlist of Scooby Doo themes, and they’re all positively sublime! The amount of percussion you can hear in the background of that version is delightful! Reminds me of the time I went down the rabbit hole that is youtube’s “Travis Barker Drum Covers” section. I came out the other end of it changed for the better, as I have after hearing the version you’ve shared. So glad to have a full length version of it to add to my personal playlist - thank you! :slight_smile: Submission happily accepted! :wink:

@LeonardoMyst - Hey, it’s good to see you again, it’s been a while! :slight_smile: And with such a lovely add in tow, for sure! I think it helps balance out this week’s playlist with songs that represent the spookiness that the team encounters when they’re out on cases, and the songs that represent their being a tight knit group of friends on the other end. The Halloween mashup featured earlier had this song in it, too, but I love the classic version just as much, so I’m happy to have it added! I could never get tired of that gem. :smiley:

@patterson65.37405 - Yes
 we did prepare a list without it, b-but that was because we trust you as much as we do to remind us of the important stuff, and in this case, add it and right our wrongs! :eyes: Thank you for doing so, by the way! It’s such an addictive song, and definitely fitting for the week, I agree! What I like about it is that it’s both scary in the usual ghostly way, but also takes time to mention in passing that the process of moving is a pain. Quirky little things like that really stand out for me, because it keeps you rooted in the mundane, and to me, provides an explanation for why he’d stay in a haunted house: as someone who also bristles at the idea of it, I can see how having to pack and move again is worse, by comparison! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for the suggestion shared! I haven’t started S02 yet, but noticed mention of such in the reaction thread, so I’ll keep an eye out for how the rest of the episodes go, and see if something like that could fit into our schedule. :slight_smile: Let me know if you end up having additional ideas, too. I’m always open to them, and since MTM is as much for the community as it is for my insatiable ears us, we’re happy to host themes you come up with! :heart:

7 Likes

Ok. First: Points for that​:point_up_2::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Youre call, professor. lol Im sure you’ve noticed by now that I’m kind of a motor mouth/junkie when it comes to music, @MissInkBlot. (I swear Im not trying to torture you, btw!:sweat_smile: it’s just one area I sometimes lack proper restraint!) So always feel free to add or cut how you see fit w/ me. I’ll want the critical/technical reasoning (for my highly sophisticated record keeping, you see :wink: jk), but it won’t hurt my feelings! I trust your judgement—Go team! :purple_heart:

And MORE points for soft kitty, warm kitty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: awww, kittttyyyyy. Meow.

2 Likes

Ah yes, he is an angry young man named Dean Winchester. It is an episode of the show Supernatural, which they titled this particular episode Scoobynatural. :smile:
It was a definitely interesting take on our Scooby gang interacting with those Supernatural characters.
Fun fact, the angry young man’s actors real name is Jensen Ackles who also was animated once before in our DCUniverse as the young Jason Todd of Batman: Under the Red Hood. :sunglasses:
He was definitely off on Fred’s ascot, although
 [spoiler]He might have changed his tune by the episode’s end rightfully so I might add too. :laughing:

Most definitely! I do see Fred and Daphne enjoying the Beach Boys together and Shaggy and Scooby rocking to ACDC. Ah and definitely see Velma saying Jinkies to you on knowing her so well in liking both. :grin:

1 Like

Wanted to add these ones if not to late. I leave music up to interpretation, but so think you have a few to choose from

One Way Or Another - Blondie

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads

2 Likes

@Razzzcat - Okay, good. :wink: I needed another vote, since I first added it due to the happy coinkidink of seeing Taraji vs specifically doing so for the theme and was debating keeping it. :thinking: It fits the time period, though, and yours is different from the one I shared, so both shall stay! Not that I could ever turn down the fringe (or anything else non-fringe that’s been so expertly chosen), anyhow. Fringe makes the crowd wanna shimmy shake! :dancing_women:

About the lack of restraint for music, eh, I practiced piano so long yesterday my arms got tired, so I completely understand. As said before, “it gets in your bones!” :stuck_out_tongue: That said, I’m glad that kitty song earned me brownie points, since I was tempted to mention “Smelly Cat” from Friends (I can explain! I was cycling through what other shows have animal songs
 :eyes:), but that probably would’ve caused some to be deducted despite how much people generally like Phoebs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ajm08g - le gasp I wondered why they were so familiar - poor Dean! While woefully behind on it, I really like Supernatural, so I’m loving their having had a crossover. And thank you for sharing the followup ascot scene! Oh gosh, my sides and funny bone. :laughing: I love those two, but always knew there was a reason for Cas edging a bit higher as my fav - always willing to take one for the team as Captain Obvious when you need him. :wink: Someone should give Dean a Scooby snack for the great impersonation, though lol

Thanks for the nifty factoids, as well! Love adding what all of you share to my “Today I Learned” list (especially when it features so many cool DC connections), so it’s appreciated - another reminder of just how smart our DC Family is! :heart_eyes:

Nice! Velma and I are possibly too similar for me not to know her - from the glasses, to having had a similar haircut in the past, etc. :laughing: The difference in songs they’d all like sounds like it’d make for some fun times together fighting over the radio dial, that’s for sure! lol

@Yahmezwastaken - There’s no such thing as too late - to the contrary, you’re right on time, welcome! :smiley: Blondie’s song is a perfect add to the list, and applies on so many levels! To me, it’s a good representation of the team’s being intent to solve each mystery to completion and, one way or another, find the clues, answer, and eventual baddie of the week
 though, to be honest, the lyrics apply to both them, and the baddies (“I’m gonna lose ya,” and “I’m gonna give you the slip,” etc) so I’ll probably put it for both, just to be a pain. :stuck_out_tongue:

And, I love how often “Psycho Killer” shows up on Mixtape Mondays
 being so awesome a song, it’s applicable to so many themes, and it’s always interesting to see which member it comes up for. Thanks for being the one this week to get us to listen to it again
 it somehow gets better each time, so I send happy confetti your way! :partying_face: Gonna put that on the list for the villain theme song set!

Also adding this link for those who’d like to hear the SD themes from 1969-2016 :smiley:

Annnnd sharing this for this week’s thread!
Go forth, and
 stargaze! :wink: :stars:

4 Likes