🎶 Mixtape Monday: Party Time (Scooby Doo-Style!) 🎶

Hello to you, DC Family!

Did everyone have a good holiday yesterday? We certainly hope so, and are honored to have been able to spend the week with you, sharing great tunes, and even better Mother’s Day memories! If you’d like to share the playlist you took an invaluable part in creating with the mothers in your life, you can find the full list below! :heart_eyes:

For Personal Family Members/General MD Songs (Both To/From a Mother’s POV):
“I Hope You Dance,” by Lee Ann Womack
“A Song for Mama,” by Boyz II Men
“L’Anarchie Pour Le UK,” by The Sex Pistols
“Generation Landslide,” by Alice Cooper
“Seasons,” by Mae
“Thank You,” by Cynthia Fee (The Golden Girls Theme)
“You Belong,” by Rachel Platten
"Angel’s Lullaby,” by Reba McIntire (from Reba)
"When You Have a Child,” by Reba McIntire
“Baby of Mine,” by Allison Krauss (from Dumbo)
“Message to My Mother,” by Hank Williams
“Mother Knows Best,” by Donna Murphy (from Tangled)
“You Are My Sunshine,” by Jimmie Davis
“Will The Circle Be Unbroken,” by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
“That’s Important To Me,” by Joey + Rory
“Wendy” by Mary Martin (from Peter Pan (1954))
“Coat of Many Colors,” by Dolly Parton
“O-O-H Child,” by Nina Simone (Nickodemus Remix)
“Love is a Good Thing,” by Sheryl Crow
“Rie Y Llora,” by Celia Cruz
“Come On-A My House,” by Rosemary Clooney
“Old to My Family,” by The Cranberries
“Push,” by Madonna
“Super Magnolia,” by The Grateful Dead

Click the arrow to see our Character-Specific Songs!

Specific DC Moms

Hippolyta
“Welcome to Paradise,” by Green Day
“Once Upon a Dream,” by Lana Del Rey
“Mama,” by Connie Francis

Martha Wayne
“Diamonds and Pearls,” by Prince
“You Can’t Lose Me,” by Faith Hill

Mera
“Mother,” by Danzig

Talia al Ghul
“Pistol Packin’ Mama,” by Bing Crosby (feat. The Andrew Sisters)
“Mama Said Knock You Out,” by LL Cool J

From the POV of Other DC Characters

Barry Allen/The Flash
“Mama, I’m Coming Home,” by Ozzy Osbourne

Bruce Wayne/Batman
“Mom,” by Earth, Wind & Fire
“Colombia,” by Local Natives

Clark Kent/Superman
“Somebody’s Hero,” by Jamie O’Neal

Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
“Thank you, Mom,” by Good Charlotte

Jason Todd/Red Hood
“Dear Mama,” by 2Pac

Kara Zor-El/Supergirl
“Somebody’s Hero,” by Jamie O’Neal

Koriand’r/Starfire
“Mama,” by The Spice Girls

Rachel Roth/Raven
“My Mother & I,” by Lucy Dacus

This Week’s Theme:
Party Time: Scooby Doo-Style!

Jinkies, guys! Have you heard the news? If not, behold! We’re excited to announce that Scooby Doo comics are coming to DC Universe! Have you been looking forward to their arrival? If you’re like us and already going, “Lemme at 'em! LEMME AT 'EM!!” at the thought of adding them to your must read lists, let us know what theme songs you’d play to accompany them! :paw_prints:

Scooby Doo’s 50th Anniversary was last year, too, so if you missed out on that, we invite you to make up for it by joining us in shaking a tail feather and partying like it’s 1969! :wink:

Share your party picks with us below! :partying_face:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

7 Likes

Okay, so, staying at home has made my family unit a bit guitar cover crazy, and we’ve been on a 60s kick already. I, therefore, present to you a few of the favs we’ve been looking up - all from 1969, and yes, you’ll probably notice they’re all from the Quarantine Time, “one day soon, we’ll be back on the road together, ruining bad guys’ plans, and being called meddling kids again!” playlist I’ve been compiling, lol. :wink:

“I Can’t Get Next to You,” by The Temptations

“I Want You Back,” by The Jackson 5

“Someday We’ll Be Together,” by Diana Ross & The Supremes

“Come Together,” by The Beatles

and this is because I saw Taraji P. Henson on the “Feeding America Comedy Festival” last night, and it made me want to watch her movie of the same name (lol I love how they pronounce words like “burning” in that song :stuck_out_tongue:):

“Proud Mary,” by Creedence Clearwater Revival

6 Likes

pretty much everything by the Hex Girls

6 Likes

:rage:I would’ve gotten away with it if it wasn’t for you meddling kids and your dog too!
:rofl:LOL! I had to say it, I’ll be back later with some song. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Izzy11 - Ahh, I concur! Sharing a video with their songs below, but wanted to ask if you happen to have a favorite of the bunch that you’d want me to make sure is on the list?

@Reaganfan78 - Yes! :slight_smile: Thanks for joining in on saying it - it’s the first thing to pops into my mind when I think of Scooby Doo, and it always brings a smile. :wink: Looking forward to hearing your choices later!

6 Likes

“Those Nights”, by Skillet

Basically this song was written from the singer’s memories of his youth, just spending time with friends.

“Scooby Doo, Where Are You?”, by MxPx

And he has his own song! We NEED to have that somewhere!
3 Likes

Yes @MissInkBlot! I can’t wait to have a nice read of all those Scooby comics soon. :star_struck:
Now, how best to honor such a great character of my childhood from watching the classic Scooby show to A Pup Named Scooby Doo? :thinking:

First, I guess I should start off with the themes for the episodes of Scooby Doo that I did get to watch. :sunglasses:

Next, I can’t help of thinking of this song that the villains would like as to dissuade those meddling kids and their dog too. (Also happy to include some CCR too :grin:).

It also might not be a little coupe as the fun Beach Boys sing, but that Mystery Machine is the fastest set of wheels in town. :wink: :laughing:

Oh and here is some evidence to prove that the Mystery Machine is the fastest around. :joy:

To finish it off, I am thinking of this number when Scooby gets his Scooby snacks and it’s always a good time when Scooby and the gang do their thing. :sunglasses:
4 Likes

those meddlin kids and hex girls but I love them all

2 Likes

In the spirt of 1969, there is only one song for such “All-American kids & their trusty companion dog”

Jimi Hendrix: Star Spangled Banner done in 1969 at the LA Forum.

4 Likes

Hello again!
Ok. Let me get this out immediately: (dramatically clears throat) Jinkies, @MissInkBlot! This’ll be fun…let’s see… :thinking: Ima just pick songs I like from mid 60’s to mid 70s.
Here we go…

Keep on Truckin’- Eddie Kendricks for the Mystery Machine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Season if the Witch- Donovan for moooood. :ghost:
Spooky- Atlanta Rhythm Section for Daphne, ‘cause…obviously :dancer:t2: A cross between SMG & cartoon Daphne, btw.

Tell Mama- Etta James for Velma…again, obvious :sunglasses: No one rocks a bob, turtleneck and brains harder or better than Velma—Fact!

Hungry- Paul Revere & The Raiders for Scoob…singing to his snacks like they’re his GF.
Nowhere to Run- Martha & The Vandellas for Shaggy because he just can’t quit the gang.
Thank the Lord for the Night Time- Neil Diamond for Fred, ‘cause he’s too calm not to love his work. :japanese_ogre::alien::robot: And it’s my fave ND song!

6 Likes

Here’s a couple of my pick, first here’s Haunted mansion from Disneyland soundtrack,

And here’s from one of my favorite Scooby Doo show soundtrack,

:slightly_smiling_face:
6 Likes

One more thing! Lana Del Rey: (since she came up last week) if there’s 1 thing I’ll defend until the end of time is that she does some :ok_hand: fantastic covers.
(I am a sucker for a good cover—guilty!)

I would use this version, because I prefer it, but it’s not era-appropriate…?? Wanted to share it w/ you anyway. Or use it. I’ll leave that to you!
And yes, Push is def a great workout song!
…got my mom (& all the ladies in my tribe) written all over it, btw.
5 Likes

Im back to tag @TravisMorgan!
Im formally requesting some musical goodies, good sir. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t always know everything in here either, but that’s part of why I come back. And you’re not old, you’re ‘seasoned’! :dancer:t2:

3 Likes

I love this! So here’s a few that herald from the Live action film:

Freaks Come Out At Night: This is not the version in the movie, but the original and classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjwigkd7Ri0

And then, of course, how can you forget “Bump in the Night?”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyM53uDIT8

Finally, the original Chase Scene music from the cartoon, because classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duvL_0UAiwE

1 Like

This awesome song! Epic Halloween Medley - Peter Hollens

2 Likes

Here’s a ghostly legend for ya. Maybe Scooby and the gang can solve the mystery of Wooley Swamp!

5 Likes

For @Razzzcat I have a few choice picks from 1969 which was a great year for music.

To set the mood. Time of the Season - The Zombies

For the inspiration of Scooby Dooby Doo. My Way - Frank Sinatra

For scary stuff kiddies. Midnight Rambler - The Rolling Stones

For being chased through the haunted house. I Can’t Get Next to You - The Temptations

And just for fun. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

3 Likes

:tada: awesome! Thank yoooou, @TravisMorgan !
Excellent picks, btw :ok_hand:

4 Likes

No problem @Razzzcat. You had a bunch a good ones too!

2 Likes

You know what would be funny? Chance the Rapper’s “Mixtape” except its sung by Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy . No bleeps.

1 Like