🎶 Mixtape Monday: Nightwing 🎶

Welcome once again to Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a fabulous Fables playlist:

Fables Playlist
  • “Over the Rainbow”, by Harold Arlen
  • “La Dee Da Da Day”, by StarKid Productions
  • “Dire Wolf”, by Grateful Dead
  • “No One Is Alone”, by Stephen Sondheim
  • “Happily Ever After”, by Carol Burnett
  • “Fable Theme”, by Danny Elfman
  • “Let Me Tell You A Story”, by Russell Shaw
  • “Never Ending Story”, by Limahl
  • “You Belong to the City”, by Glenn Frey
  • “I Saw a Dragon”, by Helen Reddy and Mickey Rooney
  • “An Unusual Prince / Once Upon A Dream”, by Bill Shirley, Chorus - Sleeping Beauty, and Mary Costa
  • “Rime Of The Ancient Mariner”, by Iron Maiden
  • “Red Right Hand”, by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • “The Fountain”, by Lunatic Soul
  • “Borders”, by Kalandra
  • “Lil’ Red Riding Hood”, by Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs
  • “Something Just Like This”, by Coldplay and The Chainsmokers
  • “My Happy Ending”, by Avril Lavigne
  • “Hungry Like the Wolf”, by Duran Duran
  • “This Dark and Twisty Road”, by Abney Park
  • “Fairytale of New York”, by The Pogues
  • “Three Little Pigs”, by Green Jellÿ
  • “White Rabbit”, by Jefferson Airplane
  • “Prince Charming”, by Adam and the Ants
  • “Beauty and the Beast”, by David Bowie
  • “Shoots and Ladders”, by Korn
  • “Just a Girl”, by No Doubt
  • “Wolf Like Me”, by TV On The Radio
  • “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”, by Postmodern Jukebox, ft. Maiya Sykes

This Week’s Theme: Nightwing

For this week, we’re highlighting Dick Grayson, the original Robin turned Nightwing! Nightwing is set to play a major role in this year’s Dark Crisis, which means there’s no better time to build a playlist for him. Tell us what songs you think Dick would most love listening to, below!

I’ll start things off with what seems to me like the obvious first choice:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes
7 Likes

Fly By Night - Rush

Besides the visual of a Nightwing flying at night, it is actually about changing, moving away, and starting over. That describes Robin’s transformation to Nightwing.

8 Likes

I feel like he’d be into some 2000’s hard rock…

“Crawling In The Dark”, by Hoobastank

7 Likes
8 Likes

This might be an unconventional choice, but considering that he’s the oldest of the Batkids, he probably constantly feels like he has to protect the others. That’s got to be a lot of pressure for poor Dick Grayson.

9 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

This may make reference to his previous superhero identity, but you have to admit, it kicks:

9 Likes

I mean… :peach:

13 Likes

He’s really the best human being in DC

and everybody’s friend

8 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

This playlist already has a nice variety. There are a lot of “night” songs I didn’t know about. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Went with Smokey for the Ric Grayson deal. Then, bodies for “at all times” Dick Grayson.

7 Likes

I can totally see Dick totally stunting and punking some goons to this song. Plus it gives this elder millennial some good vibes, with memories of listening to this while playing Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2:

7 Likes

Haha. My song from Tony Hawk (1st one) was N.W.A- Express Yourself.

5 Likes

The Smiths - This Charming Man

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life

9 Likes

According to the Lego Batman Movie, this is his theme song.

6 Likes