🎶 Mixtape Monday: Mister Mind 🎶

Welcome back to another installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week's playlist for Two-Face is much more entertaining than flipping a coin all day (or being splashed in the face with acid):
Two-Face Playlist
  • “Two Faces Have I”, by Lou Christie
  • “Two Hearts”, by Bruce Springsteen
  • “Heads Or Tails”, by Booker T. & the M.G.'s
  • “The Ecstasy of Gold”, by Ennio Morricone
  • “The Real Me”, by The Who
  • “Head I Win, Tails You Loose”, by Ratt
  • “Duality”, by Slipknot
  • “Doctor Jimmy”, by The Who
  • “Me, Myself, and I”, by Phineas & Ferb
  • “Forgive Me Nashville”, by The Chariot
  • “Unholy”, by Kim Petras and Sam Smith
  • “Trampoline”, by SHAED and Zayn
  • “Jekyll & Hyde”, by Iced Earth
  • “It Takes Two”, by Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock
  • “Twisted” by StarKid Productions
  • “Fix You”, by Coldplay
  • “Tea for Two”, by Doris Day
  • “Song 2”, by Blur
  • “Confrontation”, by Anthony Warlow
  • “Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive”, by Men at Work
  • “Trouble”, by Cage The Elephant
  • “Just the Two of Us”, by Bill Withers and Grover Washington, Jr.
  • “Express Yourself”, by N.W.A.
  • “Natives”, by Blink-182
  • “Two of Us”, by The Beatles
  • “Devils in My Head”, by Motörhead
  • “Evelyn, Evelyn”, by Evelyn, Evelyn
  • “Flagpole Sitta”, by Harvey Danger
  • “Sweating Bullets”, by Megadeth

This Week’s Theme: Mister Mind

For this week, we’re moving from one of the greatest Batman villains to one of the greatest Captain Marvel villains-Mister Mind! Even though he looks like a cute unassuming caterpillar, Mister Mind is one of the most ruthless and dangerous aliens in the universe. What earworms to you think would make up his favorite playlist? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with two quite fitting songs by two bands I really like:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

18 Likes

Best I could do…

A very nasty butterfly, to be sure.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Lol I almost posted this one. Nice.

9 Likes

Okay, Mister Mind isn’t an easy one! It’s hard to find songs fitting a super-intelligent, telepathic worm.

Anyway, I am not even sure what the song is about, but Mr. Mind is a flaming telepath, so here’s “Flaming Telepaths” by Blue Oyster Cult

And given Mr. Mind organized the Monster Society of Evil, “Monsters” by Shinedown would seem to fit.

12 Likes

I’m kind of surprised there wasn’t a heavy metal song about this exact subject, or an entire concept album by a prog rock band or something.

12 Likes
12 Likes

“Stay Grounded (Title Theme)”, by Justin E. Bell (from the Grounded video game)

“Telepathic”, by Starset

How close is this one? LOL

12 Likes

From the album Independent Worm Saloon, the only caterpillar-adjacent album I have downloaded

11 Likes

Looks pretty close to me. :smiley:

10 Likes
10 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern, here’s my pick for Mr. Mind, last week for Two-Face was a hard choice! Hope you enjoy these music.:grinning::headphones::radio::notes:

10 Likes

Those are both great additions. :slight_smile:

9 Likes
12 Likes

Funky Worm - Ohio Players

11 Likes

where can I find worms?

how about Arrakis?

and here’s a band that wants to know what you’re thinking

13 Likes

I highly approve of your choice of Dune music. :smiley:

10 Likes

I like how half the selections are worm-themed. Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought of the hungry caterpillar @MatthewHecht

Since I found this thread early enough, I’d like to post three. The first one that came to mind: Get it?

“Brain Damage” by Pink Floyd

The second is much more intense. It’s also called “Monster”, but it’s a different song and from a different band than mercurie80’s selection.

“Monster” by Skillet

The third, almost certainly a joke, fits just as well with the theme. Both are from DC, both look pretty simple, and both are adorable alien parasites:

10 Likes

Which is why I’ve found two songs from the Phineas and Ferb songwriters, who, according to the Wikipedia page for the series, can “write a song about almost anything” within an hour:

10 Likes
9 Likes