🎶 Mixtape Monday: Milestone Comics 🎶

It’s the start of a new week, which means it’s time for another Mixtape Monday! First up, here is last week’s playlist of Sweet Tooth songs!

Sweet Tooth Playlist
  • “Nebraska”, by Bruce Springsteen
  • “Blue Rain”, by Glen Miller
  • “I Want Candy”, by Bow Wow Wow
  • “Starts With a Big Finish”, by Broken Social Scene
  • “Tropicana”, by Ratatat
  • “Sugar, Sugar”, by The Archies
  • “Safe & Sound”, by Taylor Swift
  • “Pure Imagination”, from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
  • “Gimme Chocolate”, by Postmodern Jukebox
  • “Rocky Mountain High”, by John Denver
  • “Mountain Sound”, by Of Monsters and Men
  • “It’s the End of the World As We Know It”, by R.E.M.
  • “And We All Return to Our Roots”, by The Forecast
  • “Candy Carol”, by Book of Love
  • “Orange Crush”, by R.E.M.
  • “Rock Candy”, by Montrose
  • “Feelings”, by Morris Albert
  • “End of the World”, by Cold
  • “I Will Survive”, by Gloria Gaynor

This week marks the long-awaited return of Milestone Comics, with Static (Season One) #1 arriving both on DCUI and comic stores! To celebrate, we want you to help us build the perfect Milestone playlist.

Let us know your suggestions below!

I’ll kick things off with a song in honor of one the most visually striking Milestone characters:

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes

Oh man, this is going to be a Great week, I have to give it some thought, so many artists to share! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh, well, there’s the obvious:

And therein we have…

And a few selections from the Blood Syndicate

(for Kwai & Demon Fox…)

6 Likes
7 Likes

Theme songs count, too, right?

11 Likes

Season one is still my favorite of the four.

6 Likes

Well hello there again G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, Milestone comics. Very nice selections G.L. and @ReepDaggle (theme songs are very welcome additions :clark_hv_4:) as I initially thought about adding those as well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here is now what I have to add from the positive energy or positrons that Icon creates and shapes. :smiley:

8 Likes

I feel like every Mixtape Monday should have at least one Kool and the Gang song. :slight_smile:

8 Likes
8 Likes

This is what I came up with. Great choices to those already shared!

“This Fire”, by Killswitch Engage

7 Likes

Okay, everyone—we need to meet this quota. :stuck_out_tongue: Ty @ajm08g for doing it this week!

5 Likes

Hey MTM! :wave: A bunch of random stuff popped into my head, so I’m just going to post the 2 I’m liking the most today. :notes: Have a great week :purple_heart: (Thank you for the Curtis Mayfield @discordia57!)

7 Likes