šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Lobo šŸŽ¶

Iā€™m enjoying the variety this week. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And you gotta include some Elvis, especially this epic remix:

8 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :dancer:t2: You never disappoint when Iā€™m looking for some tunage. :purple_heart: Great job!

So Lobo!!

I think this guy would definitely like these. :fire: Enjoy and have a great week! Works well w/ fire, I thinkā€”What say you @Vroom? :wink:

Canā€™t Kill Us- The Glitch Mob

Till the Wheels Fall Off- L7

(This one is in my head, too) Die Another Day- Madonna

9 Likes

Motorhead
the chase is better than the catch

7 Likes

Gonna throw this out there too,

Just to change up the pace a bit.

8 Likes

Good call. Iā€™ll join you! This one happens to be on right nowā€” luck? Maybe? Letā€™s roll w/ it. :headphones:

9 Likes

@Green.Lantern is there a way we can request themes for mixtape Mondays?

8 Likes

That song sounds like it could have been chosen as a song by Harley for Loboā€™s ā€œtherapy.ā€ :joy: :harley_hv_1:

7 Likes

Allow me to quote one of the 90sā€™ leading savants on fire:

ā€œFire! Fire! Fire!ā€

They work very well. :fire: :ok_hand:t2: insert headbanging Lobo emoji here

SN: Madonna=:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :boom:

6 Likes

Is it true that DC was thinking of spinning off a Lobo series from the Krypton tv show? If so, Iā€™m pissed at myself for not supporting the show more :rage: I think the guy who portrayed Lobo did a wonderful job.

Perhaps dc shouldā€™ve just done a Lobo series from the very start instead. Maybe then people wouldā€™ve supported it more :cry:

8 Likes

I was all in from day 1. Only because Iā€™m addicted to the Olympic Games-& they promoted it so heavily throughout the Winter Olympics right b4 it was going to air. I wish I wouldā€™ve had this platform the way it is now to try to get people to watch it. I told my DC friends & they didnā€™t start watching until maybe a week b4 it was announced that it wasnā€™t going to be renewed. Of course, they loved it & were mad they waited & it was leaving. I was like- I told u it was great. Why didnā€™t u watch it? Lol. It didnā€™t really get promoted that strongly tho outside of the Olympics. So, canā€™t really blame anyone for not knowing about it. Plus it was on Sci-Fy channel, so it didnā€™t get the promotion an ABC or NBC channel would. Yes on the Lobo spin-off. If it wouldā€™ve had better ratings, itā€™s my understanding that was the plan. However, as always, I donā€™t Google unless absolutely necessary. I just heard that from word of mouth. I need to rewatch that show. Some beautiful people in it as well as just a great series. :dc:

6 Likes

This is absolutely a huge contributing factor. Such a strange place to put it. As far as I could tell, SciFy had no way of streaming the show at the time, and Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not part of anyoneā€™s basic cable package. Same thing happened with the Deadly Class, Vagrant Queen, and Five Ghosts adaptations. A couple of years later and these shows all would have had great opportunities to be promoted with the premium streaming services.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s funny because SYFY had Harley Quinn, TAS on late one night ( :thinking: gee, I wonder why that was :rofl:) and thatā€™s how I came to find the community.

6 Likes

They had/have on-demand streaming, as well as Syfy Now (or something like that), which is their app that you can stream from.

From what I read, the catch was that you had to have the Syfy Channel as part of your cable package (which is part of my providerā€™s basic package, last I knew) to access both.

While I have Syfy in my package (rimshot), I never cared about their on-demand or app platforms, so I never pursued them further.

As for Kryptonā€™s Lobo getting his own showā€¦I would have loved to see it, as that guy nailed Lobo, and then some.

Maybe one day itā€™ll happen on HBO Max, along with a possible Krypton revival? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Ah, yes, this was likely the wall I ran in to at the time. Like you can stream, but only if you already get the channel via cable. Which kind of negates (part of) the point. No way to just subscribe to the streaming option.

Deadly Class is available on Peacock now, and Krypton on HBO Max, so Iā€™m hopeful that other series killed by SyFy will eventually make their way to the light of day and get enough interest to warrant a spin off or resurrection. (Realizing that revivals are very unlikely with all the moving parts once production is shut down.)

6 Likes

Iā€™m always happy to hear any suggestions anyone might have! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What about Batfam? Like the dynamic between them or songs that just remind you of them?

4 Likes

-Green Arrow (it was his 80th this year I believe)
-the individual Lantern Corps (we had a Black Lantern theme, would like to see the others)
-Red Hood
-Mr. Freeze 2.0 (this was the first MTM theme, might be fun to revisit now with more people)

6 Likes

Dear @Vroom:

This track just feels like it has to happen now. Like, I have no actual say in the matter.

That reminds me, Aquaman is 80 as well. Might be fun to have some kind of Summer themed beach party thing for him later @Green.Lantern, lol. :00_aquaman_rebirth: :beach_umbrella::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Those are all great ideas, @LDFM, thanks for sharing them!
Iā€™m already excited at the idea of an Aquaman beach party playlist, @Razzzcat. :slight_smile:

6 Likes