🎶 Mixtape Monday: Lobo 🎶

Welcome to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last time, we put together a playlist celebrating the fun and excitement of comic conventions:

Convention Playlist
  • “Also sprach Zarathustra”, by Richard Strauss
  • “We’re All in This Together”, from High School Musical
  • “Kryptonite”, by 3 Doors Down
  • “Cantina Band”, by Galactic Empire
  • “The Zoo”, by Scorpions
  • “Are You Ready”, by AC/DC
  • “Born to Be Wild”, by Steppenwolf
  • “Midnight Moses”, by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
  • “Everything Is AWESOME!!!”, by Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island
  • “The Mandalorian”, by Ludwig Göransson
  • “Drain You”, by Nirvana
  • "

This Week’s Theme: Lobo!

This week we’re putting together a playlist for the Main Man himself, Lobo! What songs do you think would be on the playlist of one of the DC Universe’s greatest bounty hunters? Share your picks with us, below!

And if you need more inspiration or just can’t get enough Lobo, Crush & Lobo #1 is out on DCUI this week!

I’ll start things off with this song:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

12 Likes

I don’t know who sing ‘Bad To The Bone,’ but that’s a perfect song for Lobo!:sunglasses:

10 Likes

That is a great fit! It’s by George Thorogood and the Destroyers, and was released in 1982, which shocked me. I thought for sure it was older than that.

8 Likes

This was the first one I thought of:
“Space Truckin’” by Deep Purple

And then I figure he’d be into some chaotic music so here’s these two (I couldn’t decide of the two which to share due to the limit, so here’s both):
“If You Got It At Five, You Got It At Fifty”, by Norma Jean

“David De La Hoz”, by The Chariot

10 Likes
8 Likes

Deep Purple really does feel like something Lobo would listen to. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Both of these might be too tame for Lobo, but I picture Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf and the theme from Heavy Metal by Don Felder

11 Likes

Lobo spends a lot of time flying around space on his motorcycle, he’s got to have some variety in what he listens to. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
13 Likes

I changed my pick because it’s gooderer for this than my other option.

Yes I said “gooderer”.

4 Likes

2 more for the main man :beers::metal:t3:

7 Likes

Lobo strikes me as the kinda guy who likes hard rockin’ classic rock. So, here are a few songs to rock out to!

I never tire of offering…

The Godz - Gotta Keep A Runnin’

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Roll On Down The Highway

Golden Earring - Radar Love

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

11 Likes

and of course … hehehe:

11 Likes

Well then, how bout some Montrose,

Make it a double shot,

I see a lot of Motörhead so one more,

seems kinda obvious…

10 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Oh Lobo… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here are a couple that I thought might be on Lobo’s list of songs to listen to. :sunglasses: :metal:

Also I’m sure @Vroom is certain to have a few ideas as well. :superman_hv_4:

10 Likes

I’ll be back for my 2nd but right off the rip this popped into my head literally after I read Lobo.

One of the best one hit wonders ever. I’ve often wondered if they were Lobo fans or Spacehog was just a coincidental band name.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Frag yeah, man!

You know the 'Bo jams out to Rob Zombie when he’s riding his phat (pure, hot, awesome, transportation) hog with Dawg (his faithful dog) at his side:

Being that Lobo is the consumate badass bounty hunter bastich from here to Takron-Galtos and everywhere else in the fraggin’ ‘verse , and that he’s relentless in tracking down his prey, this swingin’ ditty (Lobo loves them ditties/songs) is a musical beast that fits the Czarnian Beast™:

And of course, the below is a prerequisite for intergalactic skull-crackin’ and ass-kickery as only The Main Man can do it:

The Czarnian Beast™ loves the Beasties!

Finally, Lobo knows he’s the best there is at what he does (and what he does ain’t pretty, Clyde) so this sums him up to the letter:

Rock on, meatbags! :metal:t2:

10 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes