🎶 Mixtape Monday: LCS Edition 🎶

Welcome back to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a playlist to celebrate the debut of the Y: The Last Man TV series and the release of the comic series here on DCUI:

Y: The Last Man Playlist
  • “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey”, by The Beatles
  • “The Last One Alive”, by Demon Hunter
  • “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” by Jurnee Smollett
  • “Is There Anybody Out There?”, by Pink Floyd
  • “Lonely is the Night”, by Billy Squier
  • “Wanted Man”, by Ratt
  • “Wanted Dead or Alive”, by Bon Jovi
  • “Human”, by Christina Perri
  • “Run the World (Girls)”, by BeyoncĂ©
  • “Eleanor Rigby”, by The Beatles
  • “Man-Size Sextet”, by PJ Harvey
  • “Drain You”, by Vitamin String Quartet
  • “It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)”, by No Doubt
  • “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey”, by Fats Domino
  • “Survivor”, by Destiny’s Child
**This Week's Theme: Your Local Comic Book Shop!** =
September 25 was National Comic Book Day in the United States! To celebrate, we want to create a playlist honoring our favorite local comic book shop. What music do you think should be playing there, that really captures the essence of what it's all about? Share your selections with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a classic:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

11 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman

7 Likes
7 Likes

How about a little Caped Crusader action?

Batman Theme - YouTube

7 Likes

That’s a blast from the past, right there.

5 Likes

The Gap Band- You Dropped A Bomb On Me.
KOOL and The Gang- Celebration.

5 Likes

Going with these two…

4 Likes

I had a little bit of a tricky time with picking a song for this one, since my LCS is also a record store, so they are always playing music. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think you did good. Any good storyline is gonna pull you in and take you along for the ride.

3 Likes

Greetings, Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2:
Great picks, as always! I’m super late to this party, but here’s what I brought:
This 1st one became kind of an inside joke between me and the lady who owned the book/comic shop I used to go to (my first). The 2nd is another band she introduced me to—fitting song. :books: Plz enjoy. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I would love it if they played music from the Silver-age and had a decor to match. The boxes would be filled with old comics and the place would smell like an old book shop.

(My comic shop mostly has new stuff and modern decor and everything in baggies in boxes. I just have them send the comics by mail.)

3 Likes

Let's Go Digital | Disney Wiki | Fandom :wink:

4 Likes