8 Likes

Meatloaf

8 Likes

Sweeney Todd

5 Likes

No more
Into the woods

4 Likes

If it was up to me, Iā€™d have this song on every superheroā€™s playlist. Itā€™s a fun song! Like, ideally Batman would have a button on his utility belt so this song would blare out whenever he leapt out of the shadows to beat somebody up, but that would probably be more fun than Bruce is allowed to have.

6 Likes

I love that you included Maiden @KingOfTheWickerPeople! If only the RHOF would include them. Grumble! Thatā€™s always been a favorite song of mine since I was a kid.

5 Likes

Agreed, they are due their respect. I was disappointed to see them left out especially when theyā€™ve continued musically both releasing and touring when others have long since stopped. It just fortifies that the music industry is a joke. Remember Jethro Tull over Metallicaā€¦dipsticks :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes, especially since Metallica sights Maiden as a Huge influence, so Metallica are Hall of Famers but their influences arenā€™t?! That includes Motorhead, I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever been nominated! Though, Iā€™ll say this, while they shouldnā€™t have won the Grammy over Metallica, that was Ridiculous! I am a Jethro Tull fan and feel like theyā€™ve been shafted by the Hall too.

I agree @Green.Lantern. I love all the Classical this week, and @Reaganfan78, as a big ā€œGreen Hornetā€ fan, I appreciate the theme being added. I can totally see it working in a Tarantino ā€œKatana Filmā€ sequence. I have that record from my Grandfatherā€™s collection.

PS: It took awhile for ā€œBat out of Hellā€ to grow on me, but now I really love that song/album @TurokSonOfStone1950. I wouldnā€™t have thought about it for this list, but it works, nice inclusion. RIP Jim Steinman.

6 Likes

Imagine being in the E Street Band and not being inducted when Bruce Springsteen was first inducted. They were added a few years later all because of a weird and misguided rule.

4 Likes

Great example @D4RK5TARZ.

4 Likes

Then there is Kiss. Love them or hate them, they belong there more than about 60% of the inductees since 2000.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not a huge fan, but youā€™er right, they earned their place. They were hugely influential! They did finally get in because of Tom Morelloā€™s campaigning, who has yet to be inducted with ā€œRage Against The Machine.ā€

4 Likes

I think inducting RATM is a bit touchy considering the current political climate. I imagine they will end up in the Hall of Fame the same year Tool goes in. I mean, we just now got Whitney Houston and Depeche Mode.

4 Likes

The President of the Hall, when there was backlash about Iron Maiden not getting in said that, ā€œThose that are nominated, over 80 percent of them eventually do get inducted.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been stumped about what song to include on this list, then it occurred to me, it was so obvious:

Perhaps too obvious, since itā€™s a love song in Japanese, and maybe thatā€™s why I hadnā€™t thought of it, but itā€™s a great song, though I have no idea what theyā€™re saying, I love it. From the Cult horror film ā€œHouse,ā€ which I highly recommend. Itā€™s on HBOMax, one of the craziest/zaniest films Iā€™ve ever seen!

5 Likes