🎶 Mixtape Monday: Jon Kent 🎶

Welcome back to another chapter of Mixtape Monday! Last week we put together a fantastic playlist for the duo of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold:

Blue & Gold Playlist
  • “You’re My Best Friend”, by Queen
  • “My Best Friend”, by Tim McGraw
  • “Back In Time”, by Huey Lewis and the News
  • “Blue (Da Ba Dee) [Gabry Ponte Ice Pop Mix]”, by Eiffel 65
  • “Solid Gold”, by Dionne Warwick
  • “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”, by Randy Newman
  • “Make New Friends”, by Melinda Caroll
  • “BFF”, by Kesha
  • “Super Friends”, by StarKid Productions
  • “The Dynamic Duet”, by StarKid Productions
  • “Am I Blue?”, by Harry Akst
  • “Fields of Gold”, by Sting
  • "I’ll Be There For You”, by The Rembrandts
  • “I’ll Be Missing You”, by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
  • “(We Are) The Road Crew”, by Motörhead
  • “Why Can’t We Be Friends?”, by War
  • “These Arms of Mine”, by Otis Redding
  • “Stand by Me”, by Ben E. King
  • “Friendship”, by Cole Porter
  • “Friends Forever”, from Saved by the Bell
**This Week's Theme: Jon Kent** =

This week marks the release of Superman: Son of Kal-El #1 on DC Universe Infinite, so we’re going to celebrate its arrival with a playlist for its star, Jon Kent. What do you think would be on the playlist of this super son and current Superman? Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with two classics based on Future State: Superman of Metropolis:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

11 Likes

Jon Kent reminds me a lot of Phillip Hamilton (from Hamilton). Both have fathers who are highly revered and leave/left a legacy that can’t be beaten. Both have humongous pressure from their peers to live up to those expectations.

7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

How about Remy Zero’s “Save Me” just for the fun of it?

7 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Carry on, my wayward son
There’ll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don’t you cry no more

8 Likes

Growin’ Up - Bruce Springsteen

http://addictedtovinyl.com/blog/2008/05/10/just-in-time-for-summer-bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-band-live-at-the-cleveland-agora-8978/

A fantastic live version that was played over and over on WMMS.

8 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes

This is shaping up to be a fun playlist. Since Jon is a relatively new character, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but any playlist that has Kansas, Springsteen, and The Animals is a good one. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Did I forget to do clean version of Eminem just the two of us for Booster & Blue Beetle week? I just noticed it got removed, but I didn’t remove it. I didn’t see any messages alerting me that it was removed? I completely couldn’t care less, not upset AT ALL. Just curious if that’s what happened? If so, I apologize. I thought I selected the clean version but I probably forgot…?

5 Likes

•Beautiful Day - U2
•Another First Kiss - They Might Be Giants
•Bullet - the Reverend Horton Heat
•cannonball - the Breeders
•dogs - Nouns
•Go! - Plumtree
•Got the Time - Joe Jackson
•Lash Out - Alive Merton

i can see him listening to any of these while flying in the sky

10 Likes

nice picks and welcome to the community @drouingriffin.16572!

6 Likes

Great ones especially Dayton, Ohio’s own The Breeders, The Reverend whom I’ve seen over 10xs in concert & all of them in Dayton or Cincinnati, & They Might Be Giants.

5 Likes

Sorry for the late response this week, I felt creatively bankrupt for this theme… BUT, I heard these songs this week and for some reason I thought they’d work, so here they are!
“Take Me”, by Hawk Nelson

“Reinventing Your Exit”, by Underoath

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @drouingriffin.16572! :wave: Thanks for adding to our absolutely super play-list; those are some great picks.

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :superman_fan_club:

6 Likes